Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

phones

Redman!

Posts regularly
Just thinking of getting a new phone im currently on orange.

im looking to get a new flip phone, but not sure of any nice ones around...
any links to nice ones?

I've just switched to Orange from T-mobile. New phone came yesterday. I've now got the Sony Erricson C902 (not a flip, btw). And its a great phone. I switched from another SE - the K810i, which served me well. But a phone is a phone, all it needs to do is text, call and maybe take the odd photo from time to time. This new one will certainly do that with a 5Megapixel camera.

Completely depends what you want your phone to do.

If you want everything go for an iphone or blackberry.

If you want music get a SE Walkman range.

If you want touch screen go for Samsung Tocco or iphone.

I think Nokia are the easiest to use. I've had the Nokia 6500 Slide since December, does everything i need which is pretty much just text, call and is pretty heavy duty. I'm on pay as you go if that makes any difference.

The iPhone 3G rocks, I have had it for 2 weeks now and although I had had a quick go with other peoples iPhone's at work, I didn't think it would be as good as it actually is. With the App store being FULL of cool stuff and a software update coming in July for the MMS and other bits and pieces it is just well worth the £35 per mnth.

I have yet to meet someone who dislikes their iPhone 3G. :D

The iPhone 3G rocks, I have had it for 2 weeks now and although I had had a quick go with other peoples iPhone's at work, I didn't think it would be as good as it actually is. With the App store being FULL of cool stuff and a software update coming in July for the MMS and other bits and pieces it is just well worth the £35 per mnth.

I have yet to meet someone who dislikes their iPhone 3G. :D

Well my sister loved hers.......until the phone part of it wouldnt work. The Apps and texting and all that were fine but she couldn't make or receive calls.

She's had to send it off to be fixed....just got it back, so not sure if it's ok or not until i've spoken to her

Ive got a Blackberry Storm, the Mrs has got a Bold. Ive had a Curve, and used the IPhone and Tocco.

Bold beats the lot, but I really couldnt live without my Blackberry. Top drawer internet, emails wthin seconds of them hitting y hotmail or work email inbox, bags of room for music with digital earphones. Calls and texts obviously as well as emails.

Blackberry is the only way.

All down to personal preference I think, Redman! you should really have a play about with both, I have my iPhone currently set on fetch mail every hour, it does have 'Push e-mail' facility so you get all mail as soon as it hits the inbox (although most is spam or adverts for me haha) I personally don't need it.

The safari browser is fantastic and 8GB hard drive stores loads of music etc...

My girlfriend has a blackberry and she prefers it over the iPhone although I'm the other way. Blackberry battery is miles better than my iPhone I'll give it that.... It's a bit smaller too :)

A Pro's and con's war could run on here all night I think lol

My mate was on about a tocco ultra, really don't like the look of it to be honest.. is it any good? :???:

Last edited:
The tocco looks nice from the advert,, today i got my self the t-mobile vairy touch, n special offer really nice phone. :)

I'm looking for a new phone and have looked at the Tocco, it looks nice. Any one got any comments on this phone

As i've not seen or touched the tocco, i can't comment alot.
but i belive it's very stylish and does the job...probly worth the money!
only on contract i belive?

looks nice enough, go in to the shops and ask for a play about with the phone.
i did that a few days back, i had a feel see which ones where nice.

allround it looks like a decent phone though.

Cheers mucca ;)

No.

£176 (plus £10 top-up) on O2 from Phones 4 U.

I recently bought the new Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone. I have had it for about a month now and it's the best phone I have ever had. It is advertised as the iPhone beater and certainly runs it close. On Vodaphone I got it on contract for £25 per month which is for 500mins and unlimited texts! It is the best value for money you will get. ;)

I recently bought the new Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone. I have had it for about a month now and it's the best phone I have ever had. It is advertised as the iPhone beater and certainly runs it close. On Vodaphone I got it on contract for £25 per month which is for 500mins and unlimited texts! It is the best value for money you will get. ;)

Going for that tomorrow.

£205 plus £10 top-up on Orange PAYG. Hopefully that is the same deal as in the shop.

Very good phone from what i've read.

Going for that tomorrow.

£205 plus £10 top-up on Orange PAYG. Hopefully that is the same deal as in the shop.

Very good phone from what i've read.

You have picked an awesome phone there mate ;) The video resolution is really good I was impressed

You have picked an awesome phone there mate ;) The video resolution is really good I was impressed

Went for that today.

Got it for £220 from Carphone Warehouse. It's unlocked so i could use my Orange sim in it.

Absolutely fantastic phone from the few hours i've been playing.

Anyone with an iPhone 3G need/want a brand new case, I have just received a 'Speck CandyShell' in white and red, but as I have a incase slider I won't be using it.....

Link>>>>>>>> http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-3g/162

advertised as white truffle and cranberry. Very nice indeed.

Cheers

p.s As far as I'm aware you can't get these as there are no suppliers in the UK so it'll stand out :D

Back
Top Bottom