Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

RL Podcasts

Roy Haggerty

Posts regularly
I like to listen to a podcast while I walk the dog, and at the beginning of the week, I put my usual "Empire" podcast on hold (highly recommended, history buffs), and look for some RL chat covering the weekend's games and the sport generally.

I've tried the League Express podcast, but it's really a bit like listening to Barry and Terry. Martyn Sadler knows RL, but this podcast feels like it simply skates over the surface in a litany of cliches.
Forty20 Live is ok, as is House of League, which are at least journalists who are willing to dig a little deeper and even criticise clubs and players occasionally, rather than just saying how great everyone is. But both are very Yorkshire (especially Hull) focused. You tend to get 30 minutes on Hull & Hull KR, 20 minutes on Leeds, Huddersfield and Cas, and then about 2 minutes each on Saints, Cats, Leigh, Salford, Wigan and Warrington.

So I was looking for recommendations from fellow Saints fans. A podcast which is willing to do warts and all, but one which also thinks it's worth spending a bit more time on the game west of the pennines. Any ideas?

I don’t listen to any British RL podcasts. I’ve found them poor for varying reasons, some listed above. I quite like the NRL stuff and usually listen to them when I’m running.

Yeah i think the standard of podcasts are bleak really RL wise.

The 5 Live RL one is probably one of the better ones.

Surprises me that we have not seen a redvee podcast yet...I know they push the youtube but I think podcasting is such a huge thing right now that I am surprised they have not gone down that road too.

If I had the time and knowledge I would love to do one. Especially for RL as there are hardly any out there.

Yeah i think the standard of podcasts are bleak really RL wise.

The 5 Live RL one is probably one of the better ones.

Surprises me that we have not seen a redvee podcast yet...I know they push the youtube but I think podcasting is such a huge thing right now that I am surprised they have not gone down that road too.

If I had the time and knowledge I would love to do one. Especially for RL as there are hardly any out there.
Good shout. Be good to hear a variety of opinions from our fanbase.

The Bye Round is James Graham's podcast and a good listen. Little to no talk of the game over here though, all NRL.
I listened to his one with Holbrook and it was great, but I have very little interest in the NRL so it’s not really for me.

The Bye Round is James Graham's podcast and a good listen. Little to no talk of the game over here though, all NRL.
Correct but they are usually quite entertaining. I’d love to have a few beers with Jammer, I think he’d be cracking company.

Don't mind the 40 20 podcast it's quite balanced and doesn't seem to have any particular bias. Phil Caplan and James Child are a decent listen

Don't mind the 40 20 podcast it's quite balanced and doesn't seem to have any particular bias. Phil Caplan and James Child are a decent listen
I agree, they’re fine. It really is just that it’s felt like 8 weeks of in-depth discussion of every aspect of Hull, followed by ‘Saints also won, they’re very good. Now, back to Leeds….’

Yeah there have been a few Saints and England related ones on Jammer's podcast that have been good. Can't say I listen to any RL one regularly though.

Hi chaps I listen to the James Graham one and a couple of others but a few lads and I do 'that saints podcast' once a month where we review the month ahead and games recently played available on spotify and the usual platforms. It's mainly Saints stuff give us a try.This months is being recorded next week.It's a bit of fun.

Reactions: NSL

I recently started listening to The Super League Raw podcast. It's NW based and sounds like a group of friends who support different, mainly NW based, clubs. I quite enjoy it but the speakers are all slightly biased towards their own teams (as I would be): Warrington, Leigh, Salford... There's not a Saints fan so they can be a little dismissive but I still find it a decent listen. They have a few shows a week too and do a RL quiz night (online) every now and then. Defo worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom