Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

My God we need Dodd

I don't know. But at the moment his kicking game is atrocious and he's doing nothing with the ball in hand.

Now if he's been playing injured, he gets a pass and I look stupid. That's fine. Hopefully whatever it is, this time out needs to nail it. But we've been making excuses for him now for 18 months and he is showing nothing as to getting back to his best. Last year was fine, it was his first back from a major injury. So either this time out fixes it so that when he gets back fit either his game improves, he starts taking on the line and shows some of his talent or he gets dropped.

The Lomax question is a different one. Wello said in his presser post match he spoke to Lomax about having pulled him off and said so almost as though he was apologising for it. That to me betrays a dynamic Wello needs to fix and fix soon. The coach does not have to explain his decisions to any player and that Wello felt he had to says the dressing room/interpersonal relationships are arse about face. He pulled Lomax off. He can like it or lump it, Captain or no. We all know he's not at his best at the moment so he needs to fix his game up too. Maybe the captaincy is a burden too heavy and it should be switched. I don't know.
Lomax or Bennison?

My memory isn’t what it was but I don’t remember Lomax going off.
I don't know mate. I was sick yesterday after surgery so I missed the game. I'm only going off what I heats wello say.

I don't know mate. I was sick yesterday after surgery so I missed the game. I'm only going off what I heats wello say.
Think you’ve got your wires crossed. On 28 minutes he brought Bennison off, moved Welsby from 7 to 1, Mbye from 9 to 7 and Clark in at 9.

Think you’ve got your wires crossed. On 28 minutes he brought Bennison off, moved Welsby from 7 to 1, Mbye from 9 to 7 and Clark in at 9.
Fair enough. He was talking about Lomax and went on to say he'd had to pull him off. I've obviously misheard

Be interested to see whether this move being annnounced allows Dodd to take some of the pressure off and play with a bit more freedom.

Be interested to see whether this move being annnounced allows Dodd to take some of the pressure off and play with a bit more freedom.
If it is true it needs announcing rather having it as an open question mark which will increase scrutiny and raise further speculation

I don't know. But at the moment his kicking game is atrocious and he's doing nothing with the ball in hand.

Now if he's been playing injured, he gets a pass and I look stupid. That's fine. Hopefully whatever it is, this time out needs to nail it. But we've been making excuses for him now for 18 months and he is showing nothing as to getting back to his best. Last year was fine, it was his first back from a major injury. So either this time out fixes it so that when he gets back fit either his game improves, he starts taking on the line and shows some of his talent or he gets dropped.

The Lomax question is a different one. Wello said in his presser post match he spoke to Lomax about having pulled him off and said so almost as though he was apologising for it. That to me betrays a dynamic Wello needs to fix and fix soon. The coach does not have to explain his decisions to any player and that Wello felt he had to says the dressing room/interpersonal relationships are arse about face. He pulled Lomax off. He can like it or lump it, Captain or no. We all know he's not at his best at the moment so he needs to fix his game up too. Maybe the captaincy is a burden too heavy and it should be switched. I don't know.
Why do you think a coach should not explain decisions to players? I always explain the rationale for a decision when there are competing options, and I've always assumed that good coaches would do the same.

Back
Top Bottom