Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Dual Registration Update

Ritson and Vaughan in Swinton’s squad for Halifax this weekend.
at least Ritson will probably get a pass when he plays for Swinton. Many of us are calling for Ritson to be picked but he would just be used to bring the ball out from defence

at least Ritson will probably get a pass when he plays for Swinton. Many of us are calling for Ritson to be picked but he would just be used to bring the ball out from defence
The Ritson disciples are boring. He’ll get picked. Probably fairly soon looking at the recent performances of people like Bennison and Hurrell. He had a poor off-season so is getting match fitness at Swinton. It’s a move that suits all parties currently.

The Ritson disciples are boring. He’ll get picked. Probably fairly soon looking at the recent performances of people like Bennison and Hurrell. He had a poor off-season so is getting match fitness at Swinton. It’s a move that suits all parties currently.
You Wellens apologist you ;) 😂

Ritson and Vaughan in Swinton’s squad for Halifax this weekend.

Yeah was told this yesterday.

I was also told that Vaughan really impressed internally on Sunday and they are hoping to have him as much as they can this year - like they had Delaney for a lot of last year.

A little bit more info - Matty Foster (ex-saints now Salford) is playing this weekend for Swinton too on loan. He was at the Dewsbury game on Sunday. I really rate him and if he did not get his injuries he probably would still be at saints now I reckon.

I will be at Halifax on Sunday so can report back

Matty Foster looked a prospect when he first inched his way into the first team; stronger than he looked and with a bit of mongrel about him. Injuries obviously did for his career - but also the metamorphosis of Batchelor in 2021 into the top quality player he became

There was mention on Swinton’s twitter of Ritson and Vaughan combining well down the right for Swinton’s first try.
The both of them seem to be gelling well and have had another good game.

Attachments

• IMG_20240429_000639.jpg
    IMG_20240429_000639.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20240429_000911.jpg
    IMG_20240429_000911.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 27
I was there. Both Vaughan and Ritson played on the right hand side again.

Ritson was not as involved as he was last week, but Halifax had Widdop playing and they were kicking to the opposite wing. They clearly seen what he was doing on kick returns last week and decided to kick to the opposite wing.

They linked up well for Swinton's first try. Vaughan looked really keen and tackled everything again. He is always the first man on the kick chase too. He has so much energy.

They were not stand outs like they were last week but both still had good games. The scoreboard did not reflect the game really. Halifax were dominant with field position but just could not score and Swinton were coming out of yardage a lot.

So I do not think it was them playing poorly, but more so that Swinton did not have as much ball in the right area to to bring them into the game as much they could last week

Thanks, always interesting to get what seems an unbiased opinion from someone that was there.

Back
Top Bottom