Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Can anyone identify this game?

I think it might be Northern Rugby league XIII against France November 1958.

Was that stand built in 1958.
I think it was building commenced about 1960 so looks like it won't have been the match I said earlier. I'm thinking now it's Saints game wearing a special kit.

I think it was building commenced about 1960 so looks like it won't have been the match I said earlier. I'm thinking now it's Saints game wearing a special kit.
I think the stand was opened in August 1958 - the first match I went to was New Years Day 1959 and it was open then!

I remember buying our first season tickets for the stand.
It was a week after it was first opened, my dad decided to get 3 tickets for himself, my mother and me. I would be about 8 yrs old and I went with him.
We went upstairs and met the club secretary Basil Lowe.
To view the seats he took us down the stairs into the players tunnel and onto the pitch, as an 8yr old I was just chuffed at doing that, I wasn't bothered about the view.:D
We had those seats up to about 1970, I'd grown up and moved away and mum and dad stopped going.
About 8yrs later when I started going with my two lads I made a point of getting the same seats:D

Back
Top Bottom