Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

What should be the team away to Salford

John

cannot function without tinternet
Welsby
Vaughn, Hurrell, Percival, Blake
Mbye, Dodd

Delaney, Clarke, Lees
Matuatia, Sironen
Bell

Paasi, Stephens, Burns and ? (Royle or Cowens)

Blake looks adept so it's a decision between Ritson on the right or Bennison on the left for me.

I'd give Vaughan a run off the bench in place of either Davies or Royle, but no need for anything else with another week off coming up directly after.

Will be the exact same team from Sunday with Bennison replacing Makinson. I'd be staggered if it was any other team unless someone takes a knock in training

Yep. It's not what I would personally do, but Wellens has set his stall out for the season and I would be amazed if he changed his way of working now.

Welsby
Vaughn, Hurrell, Percival, Blake
Mbye, Dodd

Delaney, Clarke, Lees
Matuatia, Sironen
Bell

Paasi, Stephens, Burns and ? (Royle or Cowens)
Welsby
Ritson, Hurrell, Percival, Blake
MBye, Dodd
Delaney, Clark, Lees
Mata'utia, Sironen
Bell

Paasi, Stephens, Vaughn, Burns or Cowen

But you just know Wellens wont go with anything like this. He'll put Bennison on the wing and have Davies & Royle on the bench despite Royle being anonymous and Davies being utterly awful against London.

Welsby
MBye, Dodd
Delaney, Clark, Lees
Mata'utia, Sironen
Bell

But you just know Wellens wont go with anything like this. He'll put Bennison on the wing and have Davies & Royle on the bench despite Royle being anonymous and Davies being utterly awful against London.

I'm just waiting for the Wellens-ists to come along saying "you cant put young lads in for their debuts in a game like Salford away, wait for Cas at home and they will definitely get their chance then"

-----

Ben Davies is the face on the social media post from Saints for the week ahead, so although that obviously doesn't mean he is playing, it shows that someone in the club is backing him.

Welsby
MBye, Dodd
Delaney, Clark, Lees
Mata'utia, Sironen
Bell

I hope not, but I think there’s every chance

The way that Salford have been playing lately, it might not hurt to go with a strong team.

That being said, I am still underwhelmed by a bench of Davies and Royle

I’m 100% with Reacher. I see no reason to move Blake from the right where he had success. That means Bennison on the left being the only change.

I’d personally love to see Ritson on the right or Vaughan in at centre with Percival on the wing but any coach would play it safe against Salford unless injury forced their hand. It is boring but it’s the way I think it will go. The time to experiment was against London.

I'm just waiting for the Wellens-ists to come along saying "you cant put young lads in for their debuts in a game like Salford away, wait for Cas at home and they will definitely get their chance then"

-----

Ben Davies is the face on the social media post from Saints for the week ahead, so although that obviously doesn't mean he is playing, it shows that someone in the club is backing him.
So different opinions are less valid?

I find it interesting that you are now using the term of those who back the coach and team as a way to undermine peoples opinions.

I take it you think we should have taken the Hull FC approach to hiring coaches and picking players?

I’m 100% with Reacher. I see no reason to move Blake from the right where he had success. That means Bennison on the left being the only change.

I’d personally love to see Ritson on the right or Vaughan in at centre with Percival on the wing but any coach would play it safe against Salford unless injury forced their hand. It is boring but it’s the way I think it will go. The time to experiment was against London.
Just a question why can't Ritson play on the left?

Other players play both sides why can he only play one?

If that is the case it's a severe limitation.

I get that players have favourite sides but they should be able to move around

Welsby
Blake
Hurrell
Percival
Bennison
Mbye
Dodd
Delaney
Clark
Lees
Matautia
Sironen
Bell

Paasi
Davies/Royle
Vaughan
Stephens

no point in speculating about who replaces Makinson. Wellens won't do anything other than picking Bennison.

no point in speculating about who replaces Makinson. Wellens won't do anything other than picking Bennison.
Because?

Is the point not to give our opinion of who we would want to see and why. If it's to guess the coaches pick that is a different thing as most coaches picks are pretty easy to guess.

That goes for any coach at any club.

Just a question why can't Ritson play on the left?

Other players play both sides why can he only play one?

If that is the case it's a severe limitation.

I get that players have favourite sides but they should be able to move around
He can and he has.

So different opinions are less valid?

That ironic, on this site lately!

I find it interesting that you are now using the term of those who back the coach and team as a way to undermine peoples opinions.

I take it you think we should have taken the Hull FC approach to hiring coaches and picking players?

It was simply a tongue in cheek reference regarding those who seemingly can find no fault in whatever Wellens does. You are totally correct though - all opinions are equally valid.

Welsby
Blake
Perical
Hurrel
Ritson
Dodd
Mbye
Lees
Clark
Stephens
Matautia
Sironen
Bell

Burns/Robertson
Vaughan
Paasi
Delaney

That's the way i would like us to go, but i expect Delaney to start, Stephens to the bench, Davies/Royle in to replace Burns/Robertson/Vaughan and probably Bennison in to replace Ritson.

That ironic, on this site lately!

It was simply a tongue in cheek reference regarding those who seemingly can find no fault in whatever Wellens does. You are totally correct though - all opinions are equally valid.
I would not say he can do no wrong, in my opinion he played Bennison one game too many earlier in the season. I think it was clear the game prior that Bennison had fallen off in skill levels and in confidence the game prior.

But I also get as a coach you want to give players the chance to recover and at that stage Blake was still easing into the side.

If it was me I would be opting to try Ritson this week but many on here seem to be of the view that that can only happen if he gets to play his preferred wing, if that is the case then I can see why you might pick Bennison.

But actually if this was a semi final or final I'd pick neither as Percival on the wing and a second rower at centre is a much better option, given the performances of Bennison and Ritson so far. But it's not so I would go for Ritson.

Back
Top Bottom