Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

The Men’s Room

Your last sentence is absolutely spot on Dave , the fitness level I reached was unbelievable, in fact i was informed by a consultant (dealing with something else) that my body was in such good shape I would be expected to live well into my 90s , and looked what happened = incurable big C .

Its sods law Roy. My dads got bad COPD. He’s 73. He’s smoked, drank, ate a crap diet and been physically inactive for decades yet seems really insulted that he’s now ill. Which kind of ••••es me off. Some people do their best to keep in good nick then get struck down by the big C. You see little kids with leukaemia etc. Life’s cruel mate.

Sorry to hear that.
Are you back in the gym yet? ...Or try a class to burn off some of that tension. Something like kick-boxing where you can legally 'batter' someone.
I'd normally say 'get some sunshine' but I guess you've had plenty of that recently!

Hang in there Dave, you’ll bounce back, you’re resilient mate, also agree with your last sentence.

I'm reet, just had a shite few days and I think I was feeling a bit sorry for myself last night but it's good to put it out there, I've said before it helps me to get this shit off my chest.

I've not been to the gym since I left the sandpit Bazza, funnily enough before I left I was going through a few thai boxing routines. I've had plenty of sunshine and have a tan like Ben Barba, then managed to get sunburnt on Sunday after 11 weeks out there ffs.

Last edited:
I'm reet, just had a shite few days and I think I was feeling a bit sorry for myself last night but it's good to put it out there, I've said before it helps me to get this shit off my chest.

I've not been to the gym since I left the sandpit Bazza, funnily enough before I left I was going through a few thai boxing routines. I've had plenty of sunshine and have a tan like Ben Barba, then managed to get sunburnt on Sunday after 11 weeks out there ffs.

Look after yourself Dave. Have you after tried meditation? I got into it partly through work and partly through martial arts. It works for me, mostly anyway. Maybe you could give it a go. If you want to you could google Jon Kabat Zinn breathing meditation which is a good way to start. Good luck whatever you decide

Kind regards. John

Look after yourself Dave. Have you after tried meditation? I got into it partly through work and partly through martial arts. It works for me, mostly anyway. Maybe you could give it a go. If you want to you could google Jon Kabat Zinn breathing meditation which is a good way to start. Good luck whatever you decide

Kind regards. John

No mate, I haven't, I'm back in the game now and to be honest I don't really have the patience. If you're into Martial Arts, have a look for a book called Moving Zen, it's a great read.

No mate, I haven't, I'm back in the game now and to be honest I don't really have the patience. If you're into Martial Arts, have a look for a book called Moving Zen, it's a great read.

Thanks I will, but my recent hip replacement means martial arts is impossible for me now. I used to feel quite confident if came across a group of young men trying to look tough but my confidence is shot because my daughter could blow me over with feather these days. It's depressing. Walking any distance is sometimes a challenge and running is out of the question. The operation wasn't as successful as I hoped but at least I can walk and a year ago I was in a lot of pain and quite disabled. Meditation really helped me stay relatively sane then. Relatively!

It's one of the things that gets me down. I've worked at staying fit for most of my life but now my body is breaking down and I feel my mortality creeping up on me. Heyho. Nobody lives forever do they.

It was Zen that got me into meditation in the first place. I've got a PhD in neuroscience and the research into the effectiveness of mediation is frankly incredible. I don't find it easy because being patient and still doesn't come easliy for me.

I'm glad you're back in the game.

I hope Angry Dave isn't working in Kabul atm, I know he has been there a few times.

I think I saw Mr Dave tonight at the game.

I didnt go and talk to him just incase. But hopefully it was and hes alreet

That’s nice to hear. He’s not exactly my cup of tea but I hope he’s doing ok

Dave was at the game last night and stood directly in front of me. He was on decent form.

Last post August 2021. Would it be wrong to unstick this?

Not wrong... perhaps we can look at it another way. How could we revive it and find a way to make the space useful and valuable again?
Obviously men's issues haven't gone away since August 2021 - if anything are worse.

Maybe a forum sticky is not the answer - and something else could be more meaningful - though surely this thread isn't a bad thing and could be a useful lifeline for someone?
Even if that's one person - that's a good thing. Maybe keep it for now - until a better idea comes up?

Not wrong... perhaps we can look at it another way. How could we revive it and find a way to make the space useful and valuable again?
Obviously men's issues haven't gone away since August 2021 - if anything are worse.

Maybe a forum sticky is not the answer - and something else could be more meaningful - though surely this thread isn't a bad thing and could be a useful lifeline for someone?
Even if that's one person - that's a good thing. Maybe keep it for now - until a better idea comes up?

Would it be worthwhile putting a link to it on Facebook or twitter, I don't if that is practical or possible

Back
Top Bottom