Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Stadium Watch 10

It would be like most Saints fans, transparent and brittle. :D

Now look what you've done, gone and spoiled all our fun just coz DW stadium can't have any perspex cladding!
I know you're secretly jealous of our transformer stadium, designed so that it's appearance never stays the boring same. The apparent constructional defects were cunningly engineered to create a talking point amongst the world's sporting media, thus keeping Langtree Park at the forefront of British sporting venue achievments. Not many people outside the town know this, however we are more than happy to share the Club's secret with a privaledged few readers like yourself.

Now look what you've done, gone and spoiled all our fun just coz DW stadium can't have any perspex cladding!
I know you're secretly jealous of our transformer stadium, designed so that it's appearance never stays the boring same. The apparent constructional defects were cunningly engineered to create a talking point amongst the world's sporting media, thus keeping Langtree Park at the forefront of British sporting venue achievments. Not many people outside the town know this, however we are more than happy to share the Club's secret with a privaledged few readers like yourself.

Thank you for for that. I am truly honoured and humbled, and may Father Christmas (he does exist doesn't he?) bring you many sheets of perspex.

Well there you go, it is being fully clad to the roofline all round, apart from two contoured openings higher up at the rear of the West and East terraces. Predominently light grey 50% perforated cladding with a band of dark grey same material at the top. Looks like its being mounted externally over the existing steelwork.Should look great!

Ps. these are the actual design drawings and not computer generated images that were created by some marketing company commissioned to sell tickets at the launch.

Well there you go, it is being fully clad to the roofline all round, apart from two contoured openings higher up at the rear of the West and East terraces. Predominently light grey 50% perforated cladding with a band of dark grey same material at the top. Looks like its being mounted externally over the existing steelwork.Should look great!

Ps. these are the actual design drawings and not computer generated images that were created by some marketing company commissioned to sell tickets at the launch.

Those plans where approved just over a year ago and nothing has been done yet, just saying :(

These plans were approved last November. so will not hold my breathe just yet. Just hope they are implemented, preferably before the beginning of the new season.():) So, why all the talk about perspex????

These plans were approved last November. so will not hold my breathe just yet. Just hope they are implemented, preferably before the beginning of the new season.():) So, why all the talk about perspex????

I suspect those plans have been well and truly shelved

I really am surprised I ain't seen anyone one site, pass the place every day, at least twice a day, not seen a peep... Ohhh no, wait a minute, this is saints, they lie!

Can't see ewt gettin done this year either the way this is goin, I am just waiting for the latest wave of bullshlt to be peddled from the boardroom of LP as to the 'delay' and why it any be 'started'

The whole subject is getting beyond old now... I just wish saints would be honest and transparent with us for once in our lifetimes

i have officially given up hope that it will ever get done, such a shame cos its an amazing stadium. its like having a luxury mashion with no windows :/

I think that the Liverpool game on the 8th and i am willing to stand corrected, is the lastone for 24 days, if everything and i mean everything, will/ money/ materials, a lot could be done to resolve the problem.

If all of those things where in place they could be starting on the 9th, only the South stand is being used until the second of February.

I think that the Liverpool game on the 8th and i am willing to stand corrected, is the lastone for 24 days, if everything and i mean everything, will/ money/ materials, a lot could be done to resolve the problem.

There's a friendly on Friday, possibly one on the 24th?

Both of those games are in the South stand.

The last press release said a further announcement will be made early in the New Year. I would therefore not be expecting any work to be done in the near future. I don't know, but would not not be surprised if the statement was along the lines of this needing to be a significant structural project and therfore can't be done in the season. I suspect this was always the case hence another announcement in the New Year. Hope this isn't so but you just get a sense that this is how it is going to go - let's hope the mild weather continues! Whatever the outcome I suspect Saints have broadly known for a while what needs to happen (or not). Should know soon enough anyway.

Back
Top Bottom