Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Saints Women 2024

Not watched much of the women's team this year but Im.really impressed with Paige Travis Everytime I see. She wins plenty of mwtres after contact and looks a threat.

Probably the occasion but the young full back had a nightmare, especially in that first half. She looked like a rabbit in headlights. Glad the team kept Leeds out after her mistakes

Enjoyed watching it
She had a nightmare first 20, but I thought she settled down and had a good game after that.

The woman’s game over here (which I enjoy) is years behind the Woman’s in Aus. I watch both but the difference in speed, strength and ability is chalk and cheese. I get over here it’s years behind in terms of professionalism but I wonder if we will ever catch up. It would be nice one day to have a Woman’s WCC, I wonder if woman will become better paid than they are now, which might bring some Aus woman over here to play. The problem I see with woman’s RL here is even the men’s is not massive over here in sporting terms so I can’t see the woman growing enough to produce players that can match the Australians. But I support the woman’s game here but look at it in a different way to the Aus woman, like I do the men’s. For me they are two different sports.

The woman’s game over here (which I enjoy) is years behind the Woman’s in Aus. I watch both but the difference in speed, strength and ability is chalk and cheese. I get over here it’s years behind in terms of professionalism but I wonder if we will ever catch up. It would be nice one day to have a Woman’s WCC, I wonder if woman will become better paid than they are now, which might bring some Aus woman over here to play. The problem I see with woman’s RL here is even the men’s is not massive over here in sporting terms so I can’t see the woman growing enough to produce players that can match the Australians. But I support the woman’s game here but look at it in a different way to the Aus woman, like I do the men’s. For me they are two different sports.
Womens rugby league World Cup was established in the year 2000. The last one played was 2021 won by Australia. The next one is in 2025.

I agree. I think, skillswise and understanding and reading of the game, she's the best loose forward in the country, male or female. She's as good a player in women's rugby as Sculthorpe was at his best in the men's game.
When I was writing my post I was thinking that she is probably the closest to Scully skill wise, but I thought that might be a bit too lofty

She had a nightmare first 20, but I thought she settled down and had a good game after that.
Yes I agree, she dropped a couple of balls early on but after that she was OK. No way you could say she had a nightmare overall.

Womens rugby league World Cup was established in the year 2000. The last one played was 2021 won by Australia. The next one is in 2025.
I’m referring to world club challenge for woman not the World Cup which I am aware is played.

It's a pity that it looks so poor on TV with an empty-looking stadium. Not that it would have particularly bothered the players. For them the chance of playing at Wembley is huge and so it should stay there.

I do wonder if there should be a rejig of the games on the day. The 1895 Cup could start things off and then round it off with the women's final. That would probably get a bigger crowd on than the women's game and more of the supporters who turn up for the men's final would be inclined to stay and watch the women's game.

Jodie Cunningham made 338m from 39 carries and 30 tackles on Saturday. That is absolutely incredible tbh, whatever level you're playing at.
Incredible stats, and some of those carries she was brushing through players.

Guys, make sure you like, share and retweet Mike Critchley's stats post. Two seconds of your time but it really helps bring notice to a performance EVERYONE in the media should be raving about. Bit surprised some of the men's team haven't made more of it. Maybe I missed it.

Have any of the men even posted anything about the womens win??
I've not seen anything. I mean, it would have been nice if the club had filmed some kind of crossover production with a few of the lads going down there to show their support or at the very least watching on the big screen back at the club and then make a big play of them coming home. Look, I'm sure all of the men's team have a lot of respect for what the women are doing. But it would be great if they got behind them publicly a bit more. Especially Jodie after that performance. Lomax and Welsby should be carrying her kit bag for a week after that knock.

I've not seen anything. I mean, it would have been nice if the club had filmed some kind of crossover production with a few of the lads going down there to show their support or at the very least watching on the big screen back at the club and then make a big play of them coming home. Look, I'm sure all of the men's team have a lot of respect for what the women are doing. But it would be great if they got behind them publicly a bit more. Especially Jodie after that performance. Lomax and Welsby should be carrying her kit bag for a week after that knock.
Do you not do social media at all?

Saints released a video of a few players wishing them luck, Mbye went and helped at their training and loads of players posted congratulations on their Instagram stories.

They also had the game on at training and were watching it.

Apart from that….

Do you not do social media at all? Saints released a video of a few players wishing them luck, Mbye went and helped at their training and loads of players posted congratulations on their Instagram stories. They also had the game on at training and were watching it. Apart from that….

What do you mean? I can turn it on. What else do I need to know?:unsure:😳😃

It's a pity that it looks so poor on TV with an empty-looking stadium. Not that it would have particularly bothered the players. For them the chance of playing at Wembley is huge and so it should stay there.

I do wonder if there should be a rejig of the games on the day. The 1895 Cup could start things off and then round it off with the women's final. That would probably get a bigger crowd on than the women's game and more of the supporters who turn up for the men's final would be inclined to stay and watch the women's game.
The timings of the day don't really encourage anyone to stay in and watch more than the main game. The schoolboys game kicked off at the crack of dawn, the Women was in the morning with a 2 hour gap to the mens final. Not many people are going to get in that early to watch the women, especially when it was 2 "neutral" teams (and no pass outs available).

As you said you hadn't seen anything on social media and Reacher says there is a fair amount out there, it seems a reasonable question.
I only use X - and only sparingly as the crazy people to sane ratio makes a lunatic asylum seem like a holiday resort. Not much on there popped up. Had to go looking for it which doesn’t fill me with much confidence.

The timings of the day don't really encourage anyone to stay in and watch more than the main game. The schoolboys game kicked off at the crack of dawn, the Women was in the morning with a 2 hour gap to the mens final. Not many people are going to get in that early to watch the women, especially when it was 2 "neutral" teams (and no pass outs available).

Wembley isn't that conducive to a day-long 'festival' type of thing. Are you allowed to leave the stadium and return these days?

A day like that with multiple games needs a dedicated fanzone and different types of entertainment for different ages/interests

Back
Top Bottom