Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Saints Women 2024

Me and my wife have had a number of rounds of IVF and continue to go through the process, so I can certainly relate to her situation. Very moving interview and I wish her and her partner all the best. It's a tough process to go through so hopefully things work out for her 🤞
Good luck sir! Take care

The entire team played brilliant but two players who go under the radar for me are Paige Travis and Phoebe Hook. It’s brilliant to see our club become one of the leaders in developing the womens game. On another note, made up for Matty Smith too. He would have loved to been a success as a player for his hometown club but coaching back to back Challenge Cup wins at Wembley with the women’s team isn’t a bad alternative either!

Naomi Williams got through a ton of clean-up work during the middle period. We just seem to have a bunch of very athletic players who make pests of themselves whenever the opposition's bigger forwards are looking to offload the ball. Even when Hardcastle worked up a head of steam - the first defender was getting knocked off but it invariably ceased much of her forward momentum and the back row were all over her like a rash.

Naomi Williams got through a ton of clean-up work during the middle period. We just seem to have a bunch of very athletic players who make pests of themselves whenever the opposition's bigger forwards are looking to offload the ball. Even when Hardcastle worked up a head of steam - the first defender was getting knocked off but it invariably ceased much of her forward momentum and the back row were all over her like a rash.
She’s great Amy Hardcastle. Was gutted when she signed for Leeds.

Fantastic performance. It’s been said already in the thread, but Jodie Cunningham is some player.
She seems to have it all, the skill and awareness and never afraid of the hardwork.

There's a moment around the 60th minute where Jodie goes down on her hands and knees. I think it was exhaustion more than anything else and at that point she looked completely cooked. I half thought she might have a bit of a concussion but she just dragged her ass up off the floor to get back into the defensive line whilst looking in a state of complete and utter distress. THAT was the clip of the match right there. It conveys everything great about rugby league - emotion, character, resilience, heart. If you can't sell that you have no business being in marketing.

There's a moment around the 60th minute where Jodie goes down on her hands and knees. I think it was exhaustion more than anything else and at that point she looked completely cooked. I half thought she might have a bit of a concussion but she just dragged her ass up off the floor to get back into the defensive line whilst looking in a state of complete and utter distress. THAT was the clip of the match right there. It conveys everything great about rugby league - emotion, character, resilience, heart. If you can't sell that you have no business being in marketing.
Yes that didn't go un-noticed, I think there was some commentary about it. Her and Rudge bossed the tough encounters and came out on top to keep things tight. Leeds didn't have the players to do that.

She’s great Amy Hardcastle. Was gutted when she signed for Leeds.
I have watched the woman for some time and I think Amy going was a blessing in disguise. She hasn’t been anywhere near the player she was at Saints. That maybe how Leeds play her, but I thought in the 3 games we played them she was kept fairly quiet.

Yep i noticed it to with Jodie, and yeah they mentioned it in commentary. She was totally gassed..
I was thinking take her off for a rest but you can guarantee she told the trainers she isn't coming off..

Saints women's legend. I remember last year when they paraded the challenge cup at one of the Saints games, she gets a lot of love from the crowd. So we all definitely notice and appreciate everything she does

As the Leeds women were going up for their medals one of the commentary team said: "The girls will bounce back from this, it's a long season not the end of the road. I think it will only make them hungrier and next time when they come up against St Helens it will be a different Leeds team!" Really? Not biased then!

Leeds played Hardcastle in the second row last season and I think it has done her no good. Lost pace and relies on brute force now and when you have a swarming defence like Saints, that is ineffective. I was also pleased we won to annoy Shona Hoyle. Great player but absolute mercenary that one, too much to say for herself and simply goes where she thinks she will win things.

Couldn’t care less about Hoyle and Hardcastle they made their choice, it’s Salihi and Sutherland that made the right choice in coming to Saints and were rewarded for it.

Not watched much of the women's team this year but Im.really impressed with Paige Travis Everytime I see. She wins plenty of mwtres after contact and looks a threat.

Probably the occasion but the young full back had a nightmare, especially in that first half. She looked like a rabbit in headlights. Glad the team kept Leeds out after her mistakes

Enjoyed watching it

As the Leeds women were going up for their medals one of the commentary team said: "The girls will bounce back from this, it's a long season not the end of the road. I think it will only make them hungrier and next time when they come up against St Helens it will be a different Leeds team!" Really? Not biased then!
Also, when asked if Saints were the benchmarks for other teams, she said maybe in the cup but not in the league. Or something like that. Hope you enjoyed your sour grapes for your tea whilst the Saints ladies were gulping down Champagne.

Yeah, I mentioned earlier in the thread that there were a few remarks that went beyond the pale after the game, when instead of laying down challenges the commentary team should have been hailing the winners and commiserating the losers. It was really poor and indeed as I've said, sounded like sour grapes.

Couldn’t care less about Hoyle and Hardcastle they made their choice, it’s Salihi and Sutherland that made the right choice in coming to Saints and were rewarded for it.
Sutherland is going to be a great player she's very difficult to put down and makes loads of contact metres. When we lost Hardcastle and Hoyle I thought we might struggle but we seem to be more mobile and athletic. We are going to miss Faye Gaskin next season.

She seems to have it all, the skill and awareness and never afraid of the hardwork.
I agree. I think, skillswise and understanding and reading of the game, she's the best loose forward in the country, male or female. She's as good a player in women's rugby as Sculthorpe was at his best in the men's game.

Back
Top Bottom