Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Saints Women 2024

That trio of Jones, Rudge and Cunninghham is very tough for any team to battle against. Sucked the life out of Leeds, but Leeds do really struggle for creative halfs and both centres Beevers-Hardcastle never pass the ball.

Glad Zoey Harris got player of the match very underated she's been playing like that for years. Matty Smith more of a defensive coach to get the 4 in a row.

Couple of young good players coming through as well, Lots of clubs have gone down the route of big heavy players Saints ladies are mobile and athletic like the mens team.

That trio of Jones, Rudge and Cunninghham is very tough for any team to battle against. Sucked the life out of Leeds, but Leeds do really struggle for creative halfs and both centres Beevers-Hardcastle never pass the ball.

Glad Zoey Harris got player of the match very underated she's been playing like that for years. Matty Smith more of a defensive coach to get the 4 in a row.

Couple of young good players coming through as well, Lots of clubs have gone down the route of big heavy players Saints ladies are mobile and athletic like the mens team.
Yeah, it became very obvious after twenty minutes. Leeds dashed themselves against our D time and time again and when they started to run out of gas we cranked it up several notches. Where we really excelled was in pressure. Our back three were swarming in as second and third tacklers driving them back. Credit to both wingers for being very solid under the high ball. And after a shaky start Beri was pretty much faultless. I mean for a 40 minute stretch either side of the half we were perfect. It was only in the last fifteen that tiredness crept in and we got a bit sloppy. But by that time Leeds were completely spent. Too many of their players going into free enterprise. And there was a lot of bad body language whenever things went wrong.

What another great win for the girls. The game was very much like the encounter at Saints a few weeks back with Leeds exerting pressure for the first twenty then Saints pulling away. Good luck to Faye, she's been a rock for us. No probs with Zoe getting the POM, in all honesty with the style we play (as with the men's team) it could've gone to almost anyone within the group, obviously Jodie's work rate and inspiration are phenominal but players like Paige Travis go unnoticed despite putting in a tremendous shift. Only disappointment was the pro Leeds rhetoric from the presentational team. I think we've seen Priim's bias on display before but the other two were pretty covertly Leeds fans. The line "to give Saints credit" was used often and in a very measly mouthed way. At one point Tanya Arnold said Saints were the benchmark and the Yorkies piped up with, (paraphrasing here;) "In the challenge Cup but not in Grand Finals". In all honesty it came across as sour grapes. To be issuing challenges for the SL season when a team has just one the CC felt rather like spitting the dummy out. Still, there you go, we're the winners...............again! COYS!

Congratulations to Saints Women. 4 in a row is a phenomenal achievement in any sporting arena.

Totally dominated the game, may have been under the cosh for the first 20 minutes but the defence never really looked like conceding. Once they scored there was only winner.

I'd take that over Fred Done's lips hunting out anything to land on. 🤮 I still have PTSD from working on contract at Done Bros.
I used to work for Betfred for 10 years. On the betting line and then in content. A truly horrible company run by a cheapskate con man

Great performance from the women anyway! Leeds never really looked like scoring. Hopefully they can go on and win the GF too, they’re one of them teams that have been highly successful but feels like they should have won more silverware than they have.

Got to say Faye Gaskin’s interview at the end was very powerful. Even got me emotional!

Agree with whoever said Cunningham is a beast. Just keeps going and going. Absolute warrior

I used to work for Betfred for 10 years. On the betting line and then in content. A truly horrible company run by a cheapskate con man
Yep. Culture of fear and intimidation. Routinely voted in the top 10 worst employers. Glad I got the hell out.

You really couldn't ask for a better face of women's rugby league than Jodie Cunningham. That girl is absolutely fearless. Wouldn't surprise me if when the first team lads are in the dinner queue she pushes straight to the front of the line. Probably fleeces them at cards whilst smoking cigars and downing a quart of bourbon. :p

That had a Saints performance written all over it.
Proud as ###k watching that,hopefully we’ll be able to recognise how great these girls have been for this town.

When I was watching the interviews and celebrations I was thinking I hope the guys are watching this

And yeah Jodie she is just brilliant. She's a brilliant player, and she is brilliant on sky.
She deserves to play in front of a packed house at a stadium before she retires that's for sure.

They really need to swap it around and have the women's final on second.

Got to say Faye Gaskin’s interview at the end was very powerful. Even got me emotional!

Me and my wife have had a number of rounds of IVF and continue to go through the process, so I can certainly relate to her situation. Very moving interview and I wish her and her partner all the best. It's a tough process to go through so hopefully things work out for her 🤞

Amy Hardcastle: "I said this week, 'I can't do with St Helens winning it four years in a row'"

:unsure:

She was in the team than won the first two of that four!! 🤣🤣
Ha! Let's not forget that some of the older girls in Saints team for example Jodie, Faye, Emily etc., will have won the CC at least 8 times so far, 4 in a row 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 with Thatto Heath Crusaders ARLFC before Saints et al had a Women's team

Fantastic performance. It’s been said already in the thread, but Jodie Cunningham is some player.

Back
Top Bottom