Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Saints Women 2024

Good to hear. Hopefully they can resume being competitive in recruitment after we saw a number of good players moving to Leeds/York recently.

Excellent stuff, which should enable us to keep our best and brightest.

Excellent news and well deserved, I was sceptical at first but I've really enjoyed some of their games I've watched.

Excellent to hear. My 10 year old daughter is delighted as it is a step towards parity with the men's game.

The change even made the 5 live sports news at 1830.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Excellent news and well deserved, I was sceptical at first but I've really enjoyed some of their games I've watched.

When both the men's and women's team did the double the other year*, I'll admit to getting a bit of dust in my eye when they went past on the bus parade. Brilliant to be a Sintellinser that day. I really enjoy watching the women's games; they're more open with less organised defences (more like pre-2010 SL)

* the women actually did the triple

Glad to see them getting something for their efforts and successes.

Good news!
I must admit that I thought we were going to miss a trick if we didn't follow the likes of Leeds down the pro route.
It should help the club stay ahead of the curve in the growth of the women's game. Something that IMG will be looking at in the not too distant future, if they don't already.

Unless Sky have tipped up I can’t see them getting much money. Surely it will be more or less match day expenses, I doubt any will be full-time professionals or even working part-time at their day jobs.

It’s a difficult one because we aren't cash rich as a club to bankroll them being paid a decent salary and they don’t bring the crowds in when they have stand alone fixtures to earn any revenue.

I still think we are a long way from them being anywhere near full-time but this is a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless Sky have tipped up I can’t see them getting much money. Surely it will be more or less match day expenses, I doubt any will be full-time professionals or even working part-time at their day jobs.

It’s a difficult one because we aren't cash rich as a club to bankroll them being paid a decent salary and they don’t bring the crowds in when they have stand alone fixtures to earn any revenue.

I still think we are a long way from them being anywhere near full-time but this is a start.

It is a match payment system for the time being. The sport will need broadcasting money or big sponsors to go anywhere near contracted players which is a bit of a way off yet. All positive steps in the right direction though.

The other way to grow the income is obviously fans going to watch the game, if only a couple hundred turn up to watch the payments will obviously reflect that.

Mike Rush made some great points about teams that quickly started paying woman players and the reason Saints (at the time) hadn’t. He said Saints were investing money into the medical care whereas some teams are paying players but then come to play Saints without adequate medical cover (he hinted they relied on Saints medical staff). He insisted all that needed sorting before players are paid.
I agree it will be a while (if) before players become remotely full time. Personally best they will be part time players. I watch the woman’s game and like it, but I just can’t see it getting that big. But hope I’m wrong.

Mike Rush made some great points about teams that quickly started paying woman players and the reason Saints (at the time) hadn’t. He said Saints were investing money into the medical care whereas some teams are paying players but then come to play Saints without adequate medical cover (he hinted they relied on Saints medical staff). He insisted all that needed sorting before players are paid.
I agree it will be a while (if) before players become remotely full time. Personally best they will be part time players. I watch the woman’s game and like it, but I just can’t see it getting that big. But hope I’m wrong.

Just hope we don't get misogynist ex-players desperate for social media followers whipping up hate towards women players/pundits

Their CC game against Bradford was cancelled, with Bradford conceding because they couldn't raise a team.

:\

Outside of a relatively small number of clubs, both the men's and women's game is really struggling.

I guess that, barring a few better periods, it has always been thus, sadly.

Won their League in the Nines tournament at Warrington today (beating Leeds the current holders) in the process. Qualified for the Finals at Salford

York have had a sickness bug in the camp this week. Tara Jane Stanley misses the game (and Sinead Peach is pregnant so will miss the rest of the season)

Hopefully we can take advantage. Live on the BBC red button.

York have had a sickness bug in the camp this week. Tara Jane Stanley misses the game (and Sinead Peach is pregnant so will miss the rest of the season)

Hopefully we can take advantage. Live on the BBC red button.
Barry Ward looked to be pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom