Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Non-Saints Games ‘24

If even half the stories about Hetherington's antics with players are true I'm really not sure what any coach can do. It's just Yorkshire. David Peace hit the nail on the head with Red Riding. Only the reality is much, much worse.
What antics?

I'd definitely swap Croft for a 34 year old Lomax next season, but not as a player generally. There is a still a player in Oledski, but he desperately needs to get away from Leeds if he's to save his career.
Croft was good 2 years ago. He really isn’t much cop now

What antics?
Mostly stiffing players out of money. Medical after-care. Demanding busted up players take the field in meaningless games. Type of character who wouldn't have been out of place on the Saints board before McManus cleaned the lot of them out. The Tetevano story was pretty bad and if Blake Austin (and others over the years) are to be believed - typical.

I'd definitely swap Croft for a 34 year old Lomax next season, but not as a player generally. There is a still a player in Oledski, but he desperately needs to get away from Leeds if he's to save his career.
I’ll tell you who wouldn’t, Lachie Miller. Absolute dog shit that fella, reminds me a bit of Marshall for Wigan. Has a bit of bitch about him with his constant whining and moaning

The culture at Leeds is awful. Bad from the top all the way down to the bottom. A bad selection of coaches recently and ever since the likes of Sinfield, Burrow, McGuire, Peacock etc left, the standards have hit the floor. A total lack of leadership throughout the club.

There are some good players there that under a good regime would do alot better I think - Handley, Newman (serious attitude problem that he needs to sort out though), Croft, Ackers, Oledjski, Martin, Smith. They are all used to playing under a terrible, lazy culture though and have become part of it.

The culture at Leeds is awful. Bad from the top all the way down to the bottom. A bad selection of coaches recently and ever since the likes of Sinfield, Burrow, McGuire, Peacock etc left, the standards have hit the floor. A total lack of leadership throughout the club.

There are some good players there that under a good regime would do alot better I think - Handley, Newman (serious attitude problem that he needs to sort out though), Croft, Ackers, Oledjski, Martin, Smith. They are all used to playing under a terrible, lazy culture though and have become part of it.
It doesn't help that Leeds has no obvious rival like we do (especially with Bradford now out of the equation). Without a deadly rival there's no real impetus to compete when they are successful and you aren't. At the height of Wigan's success they helped keep us honest. I mean, we weren't winning much. But we weren't finishing at the foot of the table, either.

Mostly stiffing players out of money. Medical after-care. Demanding busted up players take the field in meaningless games. Type of character who wouldn't have been out of place on the Saints board before McManus cleaned the lot of them out. The Tetevano story was pretty bad and if Blake Austin (and others over the years) are to be believed - typical.
Aye I had forgotten about the Tetevano thing! Didn't know about the rest you mention which is interesting to hear!!!!

Fair point, but it is the nature of the job. It is not a secure career to choose.
That’s fair enough mate, but the way they ask coaches on tv if they think they’ll still be in a job and speculate about there futures is poor. It’s one thing if a guy is considering moving as that’s a choice, but sacking is another ball game.

Who gets in the Wigan and Saints team from the Leeds team? Handley over Miski and Blake, perhaps? Apart from that, I really don’t know if anyone else do. Newman isn’t of the mentality to play for a top club and you probably wouldn’t swap either French or Lomax for Croft.
Oledski showed great potential but hasn’t looked any good since Prior’s form fell off a cliff in 2022. Probably struggling from the weight of carrying such a shit pack on his own. I’d still take him at Saints though as a 4th prop, still only 25.

Croft probably over Lomax at this stage of his career, also over Dodd but that might just be cos Dodd is leaving. Put Croft behind a good pack and he’d be a much better player though certainly not worth the money he’s getting at the moment. Handley over Blake. Martin over Batchelor, based on the last 18 months.

If even half the stories about Hetherington's antics with players are true I'm really not sure what any coach can do. It's just Yorkshire. David Peace hit the nail on the head with Red Riding. Only the reality is much, much worse.

:D

Not often I see a fellow David Peace fan!!

LOL, yeah. I've read pretty much all of his stuff apart from T:YZ. But Red Riding is wild. Sums up Yorkshire perfectly. Films were excellent, too. :D

His writing style ain't easy on the reading, but he gets deep, deep down.

Loved GB84 (probably down to the subject matter! :cool:)

That’s fair enough mate, but the way they ask coaches on tv if they think they’ll still be in a job and speculate about there futures is poor. It’s one thing if a guy is considering moving as that’s a choice, but sacking is another ball game.
Yes, I agree. Asking that kind of question, especially on camera, is unacceptable and very rude

My daughter got to meet the legend today. Went all coy when she met him. Thoroughly decent fellow he was great with her.

Attachments

• 20240616_131345.jpg
    20240616_131345.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 22
My daughter got to meet the legend today. Went all coy when she met him. Thoroughly decent fellow he was great with her.
satire hopscotches that fine line between buffoon, and comedic genius .

Your post sir, has wrecked my head.

Back
Top Bottom