Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Jon Wilkin Poll

RJM25R

replies to every thread
I reckon we will/should give him a 12 month contract. He’s been a great servant to the club, he’s also proved this year that played in the correct spot and whilst not for 80 mins, he can still do a job for us.

For me, he’s taken his medicine from Holbrook and ever the consummate pro, dug in and had his best season since 2014.

I reckon we will/should give him a 12 month contract. He’s been a great servant to the club, he’s also proved this year that played in the correct spot and whilst not for 80 mins, he can still do a job for us.

For me, he’s taken his medicine from Holbrook and ever the consummate pro, dug in and had his best season since 2014.

I've voted yes, but do we know if he wants to play on.

If we're successful this year it maybe a good time to bow out.

I,ve voted no, time to move on with a new "band of brothers" our recent signings have plenty of leadership qualities and we really need to develop Thompson, Lees, Ashworth and Knowles into better players than what they are now.

Id offer him the year, he might no accept it.....

IF he wanted to stay, IF he was happy at this stage of his career to play less at a top team instead of maybe a swan song at KR or whoever it would be good for the young players to have someone to learn from, look up to, be mentored etc.

On his most recent podcast he seemed to hint at one point that he may not be offered a new contract. I'd say its probably time. He has played well this season, go out on a (hopefully) high.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IMO we're a better team when he's on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Id offer him the year, he might no accept it.....

IF he wanted to stay, IF he was happy at this stage of his career to play less at a top team instead of maybe a swan song at KR or whoever it would be good for the young players to have someone to learn from, look up to, be mentored etc.

I'd agree with this, but if we go all the way this season he may want that has his last memory. Good luck to him whichever way it goes. Any chance of him replacing Terry and Baz?

With his business seemingly doing very well for himself, and his media career, he may well have plans to make more money without smashing his face in every week. If that's the case let him go with a heroes farewell at Old Trafford. If he wants to stay and is happy on less money and less game time to allow Lees et al to progress, I'd be more than happy with that too. He's been one of our best players this season and is playing a steadying Captain's role now he's freed of creative burden.

I think he’s had a good season and has been one of our best so for that reason, yes. I want us to have the best quality on the field as possible and for me, he still fits into that. If someone wants Taia, Peyroux or Wilkin’s position in the team, they need play better than them and show something they don’t. No-one should be in the 17 at St Helens for any other reason other than that. If and when the younger lads perform better than the players in front of them, they’ll be in.

Whether Paulo’s signing changes it all though in the eyes of the club, I’m not sure, he’s replacing someone.

Last edited:
Why put that comment after the no option.For me he would do a fantastic job with a club like Wakefield,Widnes or a promoted club if that happens.

Personally I have always thought JW does his best work around the PLB because he is an excellent cover tackler with good lateral movement. I think he has been a great servant but we need more than a pivot in a attacking sense. So thanks Jon. You have played to an high standard right to the end. You have frustrated us now and again with your penalty count
but you have played with a smile on your face. Good luck with the coffee

I think he will go down a bomb for the Beeb next year , that's if Sky don't nab him.

I wouldn't be disappointed either way. I think a lot would depend on terms and appetite on both sides. Wilkin has been a fantastic servant to the club and seems like he's bound for success when he does decide to hang up his boots. If I were him and we won the lot this season, I'd be tempted to move onto a new challenge and the next phase of life

IMO we're a better team when he's on the pitch.

That can't go on forever, and knowing when to let players go before we're saddled with their contract when they go into decline is essential in a salary-capped sport.

I think he's had a new lease of life under Holbrook, which I didn't foresee when he was putting in some truly awful performances under Cunningham. A clean sweep of the trophies this season would be a fitting sayonara.

On current performances i'd be tempted to go for the a 12 month extension, with reduced mins and reduced terms and let him tender a bid for a coffee outlet in the ground!!

I,ve voted no, time to move on with a new "band of brothers" our recent signings have plenty of leadership qualities and we really need to develop Thompson, Lees, Ashworth and Knowles into better players than what they are now.

No , the time is right for him to move on , He is really good at tv commentary .

Why put that comment after the no option.For me he would do a fantastic job with a club like Wakefield,Widnes or a promoted club if that happens.

No way , finish while is at the top , asking for trouble to play with lesser teams , He seems like a very sensible lad , he will Know what to do

Back
Top Bottom