Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Has anyone seen the defence?

Having a left side defence of Gaskell, Wheeler and Foster was never going to be the most secure. Should have had more help from Wilkin, though doesn't make up for Foster not being able to catch a cold. LMS seemed to get caught out trying to make a big tackle on his own a few times as well.

Far too lax a performance in the second half.

After we scored the first try in the second half our intensity dropped and the defence switched off.

Simply not good enough. To lose a game with such a commanding lead and having scored first in the second half is criminal.

I think its more than just the second half performance.I thought they created more chances than us over all and also bombed one or two in the first half and had a good try ruled out.

Dreadful defence. Had a few saints gold so won't post much. Royce sort it out. Any excuses anyone?

They scored one of the best tries I have ever seen - that last try was reminiscent of Wide to West. And that goal from the touchline at the end. If we had scored one like that we'd have named a bar after it.

Far too lax a performance in the second half.

After we scored the first try in the second half our intensity dropped and the defence switched off.

Simply not good enough. To lose a game with such a commanding lead and having scored first in the second half is criminal.

Hit it right on the nose there, after going into a commanding lead we just switched off. We never looked like holding on to the lead. All the tries conceded came from our lax defence, we had to work hard to score and be creative, for them it was like a hot knife through butter.

At the moment we look like a mid table team because of our defence. Next week I fear we could leak over 50 points in 80mins unless things improve vastly

Hit it right on the nose there, after going into a commanding lead we just switched off. We never looked like holding on to the lead. All the tries conceded came from our lax defence, we had to work hard to score and be creative, for them it was like a hot knife through butter.

At the moment we look like a mid table team because of our defence. Next week I fear we could leak over 50 points in 80mins unless things improve vastly

Even after Wheeler intercepted to score we just didn't up our intensity enough and they kept pushing and we couldn't match it.

At the moment we certainly are defending like a mid table team and it needs sorting urgently.

They scored one of the best tries I have ever seen - that last try was reminiscent of Wide to West. And that goal from the touchline at the end. If we had scored one like that we'd have named a bar after it.

I wouldn't call scrabbling about on the floor " the best try I have ever seen " would you?

2pts better off the last week, that's improvement at least! ;)

Apart from their final try everyone of their tries could've been prevented easily. Some very poor individual efforts and in the last 20 we allowed Catalans to run the game and didn't really dominate them like we did for 60 minutes. We have thrown two points away there and it's a poor show. You won't win many games conceding 30+ pts, end of story.

First 2 thirds we dominated, but then stopped playing. Intensity levels dropped, but did we really go into this game looking very lightweight in the forwards? Catalans are a big dominating team so why not have Perry in? This might well be why the intensity levels dropped in the final third. But no excuses for the individual errors tho.

I wouldn't call scrabbling about on the floor " the best try I have ever seen " would you?

it wasn't as good as the wide to west try, but it was definatly the best try scored this year, to be able to keep the ball alive on the last play of the match and move it to one side to the other and back again, that is a special effort, was like Saints off old and Catalans never say die attitude has to be admired.

As for our defence, last 30minutes shocking, Foster is far too scared of getting hurt, he will be targeted just like Kevin Penny was targeted for Warrington, we can't carry him in the team, Makinson and Lomax can kick if needs be

If wheeler hadn't made that interception we'd have had 46 points against in my opinion. After jf's drop catalans were aiming for that corner. When they got held up, they moved across easily while no one went for the man with the ball.

Back
Top Bottom