Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Harry Robertson

So what do people actually want to see in London?

Welsby
Sambou Percival Vaughan Blake
Mbye Roberts
Delaney Clark Lees
Sironen Batchelor
Bell

Burns Cowen Paasi Stephans

? Too much change? That is resting Makinson, Hurrell, Dodd, Mata’utia

Welsby
Mbye Roberts
Delaney Clark Lees
Sironen Batchelor
Bell

I’d rather rest Welsby than Dodd, especially given Welsby is likely to play for England against France. I’d also rather Hurrell keeps up his match fitness having had a week off and then another week off coming up as well.

Bennison
Ritson
Hurrell
Vaughan
Blake
Robertson
Dodd
Lees
Mbye
Delaney
Sironen
Davies
Bell

Burns, Stephens, Paasi, Royle

I think that’s a balance between using squad players, resting key players and three debutants. Ideally get a decent lead so can take off Lees, Sironen and Bell as early as possible.

Welsby
Mbye Roberts
Delaney Clark Lees
Sironen Batchelor
Bell

For Paul Wellens, probably. I think he'll go strong and have one at max on the bench, but it wouldn't surprise me to see no changes at all. It'll be interesting to see where they go.

I’d rather rest Welsby than Dodd, especially given Welsby is likely to play for England against France. I’d also rather Hurrell keeps up his match fitness having had a week off and then another week off coming up as well.

Bennison
Ritson
Hurrell
Vaughan
Blake
Robertson
Dodd
Lees
Mbye
Delaney
Sironen
Davies
Bell

Burns, Stephens, Paasi, Royle

I think that’s a balance between using squad players, resting key players and three debutants. Ideally get a decent lead so can take off Lees, Sironen and Bell as early as possible.
But what's the point in giving gametime to players with no future at the club? If Royle is leaving, why play him? Davies too. Bennison at fullback AND Robertson at 6? Very bold.

And on the flip side, we had geniuses slating Woolf for playing Welsby.

They know what they are doing
But let's not forget - Welsby copped a hell of a lot of stick from some fans early on. And not without reason because his handling under the high ball was poor bordering on downright sloppy. I get that it's one of the most difficult skills to master. But Welsby strikes me as the kind of kid who could catch a butterfly blindfolded at school.

But what's the point in giving gametime to players with no future at the club? If Royle is leaving, why play him? Davies too. Bennison at fullback AND Robertson at 6? Very bold.
We don’t know Royle or Davies are leaving yet. I know it’s ’only London’ but I don’t want to throw too many players in the deep end. I would then use the Cas game to maybe give the likes of Sambou, Cowen or Roberts a game.

We don’t know Royle or Davies are leaving yet. I know it’s ’only London’ but I don’t want to throw too many players in the deep end. I would then use the Cas game to maybe give the likes of Sambou, Cowen or Roberts a game.
I thought Davies had just signed a three year deal?

Welsby
Sambou Vaughn Percival Blake
Robertson Mbye

Delaney Clarke Lees
Matuatia Sironen
Bell

Stephens Paasi Burns Royle

I think we may see Vaughan, but it's unlikely, I don't see why we would be resting players as they are coming off the back of a break and the majority will have a break in a fortnight.

I also think there's a massive disrespect to London here, you can't play half a reserve team and be fully confident in a victory

Can just imagine the explosion on here if we finished 3rd on points difference again having only beaten London by 10 to 20 points

Welsby
Sambou Vaughn Percival Blake
Robertson Mbye

Delaney Clarke Lees
Matuatia Sironen
Bell

Stephens Paasi Burns Royle
Sambou's injured isn't he ? he certainly went off injured in the last reserves game.

Personally i'd give Vaughn a spot at centre in place of Hurrell (we dont even know if Hurrell is fit to play this week anyway), i'd play Whitby in the halves along side either Dodd or M'bye and put Burns on the bench to rotate with Clark.
I'd then do a similar thing again next month for our home game against Cas with giving Roberts or Robertson a run out in the halves instead of Whitby with Vaughn & Burns playing again.

I think we may see Vaughan, but it's unlikely, I don't see why we would be resting players as they are coming off the back of a break and the majority will have a break in a fortnight.

I also think there's a massive disrespect to London here, you can't play half a reserve team and be fully confident in a victory
Agree with you.

The players will have had 16 days between Catalans and London. They don't need rest, they need to play.

Maybe worth debating if it's better to play Vaughan over Royle for example but the rest will be eager to get back on the field and play after such a break.

I agree, we have been here before with London and Tolouse in the past seasons, top team beaten by bottom team by a couple of points after resting 3 or 4 players.

If Hurrell is not 100% fit then play Vaughn at centre with Makinson looking after him. We are probably still at the bare bones in the pack so Royle on the bench but not both Davies and Royle. He could rest Welsby and play Bennison but as mentioned players have been rested so Welsby plays.

I agree, we have been here before with London and Tolouse in the past seasons, top team beaten by bottom team by a couple of points after resting 3 or 4 players.

If Hurrell is not 100% fit then play Vaughn at centre with Makinson looking after him. We are probably still at the bare bones in the pack so Royle on the bench but not both Davies and Royle. He could rest Welsby and play Bennison but as mentioned players have been rested so Welsby plays.
Not too keen on Bennison at fullback. All it would take is for us to have one of our bad days on attack and this game could get very uncomfortable. Not saying we'll lose but we could easily turn in a weak performance which would have the fans reaching for the Prozac. I think we need to follow this mini break with a strong showing which sets down a statement of intent going into the second half of the season. The upshot is we need our most influential player in the most influential position.

You've also got to bear in mind our rivals have just won another trophy. The last thing we want is for Saints to put in a mediocre performance this week. A statement display to say we're coming for you would be welcome.

You've also got to bear in mind our rivals have just won another trophy. The last thing we want is for Saints to put in a mediocre performance this week. A statement display to say we're coming for you would be welcome.
I think this will be on Wellens' mind too. He personally can't afford a mediocre display and scrappy win, or heaven forbid a defeat. The club will also want to announce his new contract soon too, so they will need to do that on the back of a positive run of results, which we are in now.

I expect him to go full strength as possible, and hopefully put a decent score on them.

Back
Top Bottom