Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. S

20 man squad v Wigan

Yeah he's responded by only using 14 players for the majority of the game and leaving 2 subs completely unused. There's issues with some individual player performances this year but its clear where the real problem lies.
  2. S

Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Did you not see him have another brain fart this weekend, trying to milk a penalty 10m from his own line and lost the ball, ultimately costing his team points again. The guy is a complete muppet and a liability.
  3. S

Team v Warrington?

Better to play Mbye in the centres. He's played dozens of NRL games there and would be a far better option than Davies (lets face a 3 legged donkey would offer more in attack than Davies)
  4. S

20 man squad v Wigan

For all the debate about players dropped, individual missed tackles etc. your right, one of the main reasons for that loss was yet again Wellens utter incompetence in using his bench. Against Salford, the hottest day of the year he only used 15 players and ran them into the ground, then on...
  5. S

20 man squad v Wigan

The kicking was no different without Dodd but our attacking runners were. At least Lomax, Welsby and Robertson attacked the defensive line, something Dodd never does anymore
  6. S

Dual Registration Update

Then the team sheet is only fit for bog roll (bit like Wellens Tactics sheet then)
  7. S

They've both been utter garbage at Catalans (and in Taukeiaho's case always injured) We need a half back who's decent (thats not Nikorima), he was shite in the NRL and even worse in SL, and a prop who can actually play (not a homesick crock who comes with his own treatment table)
  8. S

Dual Registration Update

They'll all still probably play for Swinton. By having them in the Saints squad it keeps the angry Saints fans off Wellens back at least until an hour before kick-off when they realise he's picked Bennison, Davies & Royle and hasn't dropped Dodd, so the young players miss out anyway.
  9. S

20 man squad v Wigan

I agree, without his zip to take him through the defensive line playing at 7 would probably suit Lomax better now. He's a good organizer still and he engages defenders before putting out a pass so we'd probably benefit from having 2 runners along side him in Welsby & Robertson (or Roberts)
  10. S

Taking bets on how long it taker Stevo to post on here how Saints should be interested in signing the 2 overseas players as they'll 'improve our team'.
  11. S

20 man squad v Wigan

A big performance wont come without removing the players not capable of putting in a big performance like Davies & Royle, and dropping some of the players who are massively under-performing like Dodd.
  12. S

Ian Watson Huddersfield

Watson will be Leeds coach next season. Brad Arthur will steady the ship before jetting off to take up another NRL role and Watson will take over.
  13. S

20 man squad v Wigan

What don't you understand in my post, I never laid all the blame on Dodd. If you read it properly I said of the 3 key playmakers (Dodd, Lomax & Welsby) the worst performing of the 3 is by a long way Dodd. It doesn't look like Wellens or Freyseypoo is going anywhere anytime soon so the only...
  14. S

20 man squad v Wigan

While I agree that Wellens (and Freysypoo) isn't the right coach for Saints going forward the fact is he's still our coach and until that changes the only option is to do something about the under-performing players out on the pitch because something has to change. Neither Welsby or Lomax have...
  15. S

20 man squad v Wigan

Why can't you just admit that of all the under-performing players Dodd is probably the worst this year ? (even Scully thinks so and he knows far more than anyone else on this board) For all their poor moments both Welsby & Lomax have been instrumental in the good ones too, something that can't...
  16. S

20 man squad v Wigan

On that basis neither does Bennison - he's been awful too. The only difference is Blake has more pace and is better at making metres. If we have Ritson on one wing we at least have to have 1 winger who can start a set off reasonably well, Bennison just get smashed backwards on most carries
  17. S

20 man squad v Wigan

I know you still think Dodd is the greatest thing since sliced bread but you need to accept that the role he's been given in the team (which most No.7's have) is to organise plays, dictate set moves and engage the defensive line to create the time & space the other play makers like Lomax &...
  18. S

Hasn't that been asked on here a thousand times already ;)
  19. S

20 man squad v Wigan

Playing at 6 you get more traffic running at you but you also get tackle support from the 2nd rower / centre / winger around you depending on where your defending in the line. Far less chance of a missed tackle (or whats more likely an ineffective tackle) costing you points. At FB your usually...
  20. S

20 man squad v Wigan

Personally i'd prefer Robertson to debut at 6 rather than at FB as he'll be less exposed in defense, and i'd prefer Vaughn at centre instead of 2nd row so we can drop donkey Davies. Unfortunately it still means we're left with Royle but on balance he offers just slightly more than Davies (only just)
Back
Top Bottom