Welcome to the RedVee.Net forums!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss Rugby League, chat all things Saints and share opinions with other RedVee.Net members.

SignUp Now!

Search results

1. Brian Nazareth

Team v Warrington?

Agree completely. I'd also like Burns to start. We cannot flog Clarke for 75/80 mins every week, and his game benefits from running at tiring defences. For me, and assuming the players picked in John's thread-opener are all fit: Robertson Ritson Vaughn Percival Blake Welsby Mbye Lees Burns...
  2. Brian Nazareth

Non-Saints Games ‘24

Last night the scum had Owen Farrell playing for them at one point.
  3. Brian Nazareth

Jonny Lomax

His form doesn't warrant an automatic place. Saying that, our abysmal lack of attacking moves puts too much onus on him to try and muster something off the cuff. If we had multiple set moves and structures, with dummy runners, players targeting gaps, constant variation, options!!! he'd look...
  4. Brian Nazareth

20 man squad v Wigan

Might as well have put Johnny Vegas and Marie Rimmer, for all the gametime they get.
  5. Brian Nazareth

20 man squad v Wigan

As for our performance: Gutsy and with the required intensity. To almost win - and definitely not deserve to lose - with an entire first-17 pack missing plus best winger and our 7 not playing either was a superb effort. Match that the two preceding games and we have daylight in second...
  6. Brian Nazareth

20 man squad v Wigan

I'm just pig sick of inconsistent refereeing. Every time I watch the scum, they get so much latitude with high shots, sly digs, flopping, holding down, tip-tackles, moving off the mark at their PTBs. I know some supposed Saints fans on here have a pathetic wankathon over the scum and Peet, but...
  7. Brian Nazareth

Lee Briers

From what I can glean out of what I've read (I'm in no way an ITK :D ), he was all set to go to Souths then his wife decided she wanted to return home so he's changed his plans and they're heading back to Blighty. We've subsequently held talks with him.
  8. Brian Nazareth

Transfer Rumours - All in Here

If they were all killing it on the field, you suspect they'd not have been fired.
  9. Brian Nazareth

Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Assuming the Briers thing is accurate and comes off, I think you're spot on. Throw in a new signing, and it'll be a real sh*t-sandwich ;)
  10. Brian Nazareth

20 man squad v Wigan

That's much more likely to happen than bringing Robertson into the starting 13. I actually wouldn't drop Dodd. But I'd give him round-the-banks and an ultimatum. His defence hasn't actually declined and will be needed this game. Vaughan needs to come in at right centre, though. Him and Ritson...
  11. Brian Nazareth

21 man squad v Castleford

I think your first para is spot on. Woolfball took a huge level of physical intensity - but I don't think it's just down to age. Back in 2020, this group was still hungry. They'd had 3 seasons of incremental improvement under Holbrook, culminating in that GF win (the first silverware for many...
  12. Brian Nazareth

Pies Away - Must win?

I'm sure the tactics will be more sh*t-on-a-stick rugby.
  13. Brian Nazareth

Reset time!

I don't see how.
  14. Brian Nazareth

Reset time!

Lomax can accept or not accept anything he wants. If whichever coach chooses to drop him or give him another role, Lomax can like it or seek a contract elsewhere. I'm sure the club wouldn't want a transfer fee...
  15. Brian Nazareth

Life, Politics, Society, Beer

Because the country is already overcrowded, it's infrastructure creaking. We're concreting over swathes of the countryside to accommodate more and more people. We keep importing people to inch gross GDP upwards, but [inflation-adjusted] GDP per capita is declining. So immigration is used to...
  16. Brian Nazareth

Life, Politics, Society, Beer

I fear this Labour government won't change much, certainly won't address the underlying problems that society has - most of which stem from too great a proportion of the proceeds from the economic output of everyone squirrelling it's way into the coffers of a small minority of capital-owning...
  17. Brian Nazareth

21 man squad v Castleford

WRT not following Frayssenous' gameplan, maybe the senior players don't believe in it.
  18. Brian Nazareth

Resign

That's his problem. Someone else said he has preconceived ideas on tactics, and struggles to think outside of this. It's correct. So, whilst we can all see that the game has evolved (opposition tactics coupled with stricter laws on being 'Woolfball physical') and we need to play more...
  19. Brian Nazareth

Resign

F*ck off, Wellens. Last straw, this. As has been said, took the best club side in the world and, in 18 months, has bollocksed it up so bad that we lose at home to one of the shittest sides in SL. No doubt Rush and McManus will be panicking - not because we've become so terrible, but because...
  20. Brian Nazareth

Resign

F*ck off, Wellens. Last straw, this. As has been said, took the best club side in the world and, in 18 months, has bollocksed it up so bad that we lose at home to one of the shittest sides in SL. No doubt Rush and McManus will be panicking - not because we've become so terrible, but because...
Back
Top Bottom