Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    He is a commentator trying to create interest and talking points, would be boring if they just stated the obvious or didn't have an opinion

I just take it for what it is, I don't take any offence
    It doesn’t offend me but it is from the Rod Studd/Stevo school of faux controversy/nonsense talk. It’s like when he tipped Salford to win the Grand Final. When there’s a cup final next week and our entire coaching staff are there it’s not going to be to watch Wigan who we might not even play again this season! He/they could have used that moment to chat about what they would have noted, a couple of insights maybe. The sad point is I’m not sure they are capable so they say daft things instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Posted the same earlier No15 do we want silent RL ? I think they do a good job and the commentary since Eddie has gone is worse, Bill is obviously struggling with names, Terry O `Connor has helped him out numerous times, when he gets it wrong there is an awkward silence then Terry explains the mistake rather than points it out, fair play to O`Connor for that. It is bedding in time for Bill but he is not the consummate professional that Eddie was/is,also I don`t think his voice tone is not as pleasing on the ear.
    This^

I don’t mind the guests and summarisers, Clarke and Carney etc. it’s the actual COMMENTARY of the game which sounds amateur.... Cummins adds nothing anymore
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

SKY commentators don't want to make any good noises about the Challenge Cup because Sky would like to do away with it .

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    This^

I don’t mind the guests and summarisers, Clarke and Carney etc. it’s the actual COMMENTARY of the game which sounds amateur.... Cummins adds nothing anymore
    Cummings never offered anything in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I don't need an excuse, I can spell and construct a sentence. You called Clarke stupid, thick and admitted you're not good on computers, you also questioned my intelligence and you don't see the irony in any of that. Ok mate, maybe you should stick your CV in for job with Sky then.
    Really? Have you ever heard of a comma splice?

Edit: The irony speaks for itself. I should have made it clear that there is an error in the sentence construction.
    Last edited by Dave_Meninga; 17th August 2019 at 12:34.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

We struggling for talking points at the minute or something? Two active threads on Sky Sports is some going.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Meninga View Post
    Really? Have you ever heard of a comma splice?

Edit: The irony speaks for itself. I should have made it clear that there is an error in the sentence construction.
    Yes Mr Hemmingway, I do. I apologise for my affront to the English language.

Obviously though, you'd be more upset by post 1 than my slight mistake.

I can't understand why anyone would make excuses for an idiot calling someone an idiot. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't poke fun at someone who's original point was nonsense anyway without the PC brigade having a fit.

Noooobie

Yes Mr Hemmingway, I do. I apologise for my affront to the English language.

Obviously though, you'd be more upset by post 1 than my slight mistake.

I can't understand why anyone would make excuses for an idiot calling someone an idiot. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't poke fun at someone who's original point was nonsense anyway without the PC brigade having a fit.
    The point is that we all make mistakes. His meaning was clear enough, and he was just expressing an opinion. This is a forum, not the Times Literary Supplement. You tried to ridicule his sentence structure whilst making a common structural error yourself. I'm thinking of glass houses and throwing stones. There is need to apologise for an affront to the language because the irony of the situation was just perfect.

Banned

The point is that we all make mistakes. His meaning was clear enough, and he was just expressing an opinion. This is a forum, not the Times Literary Supplement. You tried to ridicule his sentence structure whilst making a common structural error yourself. I'm thinking of glass houses and throwing stones. There is need to apologise for an affront to the language because the irony of the situation was just perfect.
    Yes, fair enough, we all make mistakes. Only mine was a small grammatical one, his was a whole host of grammatical, spelling and factual mistakes, not to mention calling someone stupid whilst appearing stupid. F***ing hell, I can't believe this thread has gone this way, apparently it's OK to call someone, whilst doing the same thing yourself, as long as you don't mention spelling

Why don't you send him a PM and see if he needs a hand crossing the road or tying his laces you sad mug.

Noooobie

Yes, fair enough, we all make mistakes. Only mine was a small grammatical one, his was a whole host of grammatical, spelling and factual mistakes, not to mention calling someone stupid whilst appearing stupid. F***ing hell, I can't believe this thread has gone this way, apparently it's OK to call someone, whilst doing the same thing yourself, as long as you don't mention spelling

Why don't you send him a PM and see if he needs a hand crossing the road or tying his laces you sad mug.
    Don't forget the question mark.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    His best one last night was that Jackson Hastings is the best player in the competition. He is a moron.
    Until Hastings signed for Wigan Blake Austin was head and shoulders above everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Until Hastings signed for Wigan Blake Austin was head and shoulders above everyone else...
    When Sam Tomkins was at Wigan he was the best player to have ever played either code, in fact any sport ever in the world.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    It doesn’t offend me but it is from the Rod Studd/Stevo school of faux controversy/nonsense talk. It’s like when he tipped Salford to win the Grand Final. When there’s a cup final next week and our entire coaching staff are there it’s not going to be to watch Wigan who we might not even play again this season! He/they could have used that moment to chat about what they would have noted, a couple of insights maybe. The sad point is I’m not sure they are capable so they say daft things instead.
    I think we could be playing Wigan again, a GF with us and them may be nice season end. I did not fear Warrington all season when they were strong but have an uneasy feeling that the only way is up for their performances now. The last few weeks may galvanise them to produce a one off play for each other game. No negativity we will win easily

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    cummings never offered anything in the first place.

Sent from my sm-g960f using tapatalk

Banned

Don't forget the question mark.
    Your fat sister left it in the Sefton with her dignity last night.

Noooobie

Your fat sister left it in the Sefton with her dignity last night.
    This is typical keyboard warrior behaviour, guttlessly hiding behind the computer making crass, toxic comments, and contributing nothing of value. You lose the argument whilst making a fool of yourself, and you then resort to the cheapest, most pathetic attempts to insult.

You were the one who claimed to have such a good command of the English language, and mocked the OP as you did it. When you set yourself up like that, you had better make sure that you don't slip up because there is always someone who knows better. All I did was to point out that perhaps your mastery of the language is not all that it should be.

I don't know why I am bothering to reply to someone who is not capable of having a sensible discussion.

Got A Season Ticket

I don't know why I am bothering to reply to someone who is not capable of having a sensible discussion.[/QUOTE]

AMEN.

Banned

This is typical keyboard warrior behaviour, guttlessly hiding behind the computer making crass, toxic comments, and contributing nothing of value. You lose the argument whilst making a fool of yourself, and you then resort to the cheapest, most pathetic attempts to insult.

You were the one who claimed to have such a good command of the English language, and mocked the OP as you did it. When you set yourself up like that, you had better make sure that you don't slip up because there is always someone who knows better. All I did was to point out that perhaps your mastery of the language is not all that it should be.

I don't know why I am bothering to reply to someone who is not capable of having a sensible discussion.
    I was having a sensible discussion until the OP got all aggressive with this pearl of wisdom

We are having a spelling lesson. Are u that thick u didn’t know who I meant. . So don’t ask stupid. Not good on computers . What’s your excuse .
    Then yourself and TT stuck your oars in and continued it. What do you want me to do, accept being called a bully amongst other things?, because some clown writes like a child, and was talking bollocks in any case. If anything it should be me calling you two bullies the way you're carrying on. But just to put this out there, as you keep calling me a keyboard warrior, I will happily meet you when I'm home and we can discuss your problem with me. I meant that in no way as a threat but I'm not being made out to be something I'm not.

What the hell are you on about? Stop getting so emotional. I'm not explaining again why I pointed it out and I couldn't care less what you think about me, if you think I'm a bully then fine, you're wrong but you're allowed your opinion. I've got to go now and rob some old ladies.
    Ah, shame for you being considered as the victim. I mean, it’s not as if you have ever made reference to the likes of Bobby Sands when replying to an Irish poster, called people “snowflake”, “cry baby”, “weirdo” and other names to demean them or littered your posts with autocorrected expletives merely because others have disagreed with your views. For me you add nothing to this forum save for an encyclopaedic knowledge of pubs around the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Ah, shame for you being considered as the victim. I mean, it’s not as if you have ever made reference to the likes of Bobby Sands when replying to an Irish poster, called people “snowflake”, “cry baby”, “weirdo” and other names to demean them or littered your posts with autocorrected expletives merely because others have disagreed with your views. For me you add nothing to this forum save for an encyclopaedic knowledge of pubs around the world.
    I’m still one up on you then and I’m not making myself out to be anything. It’s you that thinks you’re smart using big words and making long winded posts, most of which are a load of rubbish anyway. I’m not actually sure why I’m explaining myself to you to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    To be fair that last bit is pretty important

Learning All The Songs

I was having a sensible discussion until the OP got all aggressive with this pearl of wisdom

Then yourself and TT stuck your oars in and continued it. What do you want me to do, accept being called a bully amongst other things?, because some clown writes like a child, and was talking bollocks in any case. If anything it should be me calling you two bullies the way you're carrying on. But just to put this out there, as you keep calling me a keyboard warrior, I will happily meet you when I'm home and we can discuss your problem with me. I meant that in no way as a threat but I'm not being made out to be something I'm not.
    Told you before speak to me direct no need for an audience PM me.
    I have come into your world and used your terminology, resorted to the type of insults you use on a regular basis with people on here.
    Now have the courage to back it up when someone is calling you out, after all you are the sole custodian for all things tough as Saints fans. PM me. If you want an audience we will do it for the SPF charity you are a self proclaiming wealthy man so I will put €10000 up, you put up the same, loser pays their wedge to the charity, gloves , no gloves, all in whatever you want.PM me.

Learning All The Songs

Christ, when did this forum turn into rlfans?

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Christ, when did this forum turn into rlfans?
    When infants are allowed back onto the forum.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Starting A Programme Collection

I’m the one who wrote the original status.wish u would tell me how long we have to be mastermind. For your information I’m a 75 yr old saints fan.not highly educated, but no need for insults . That was my option so in other words we shouldn’t use redvee. Angry Dave can I just say your get a life instead of wanting a go at everybody status s who doesn’t agree with u. So get a cuppa and go through this status . Give u something to do instead of leading a sad life