Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Pearce to SL ?

Got A Season Ticket

Default Mitchell Pearce to SL ?

Looks like he's been disowned by the nrl a la Carny and Sandow would saints take a punt on him ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Looks like he's been disowned by the nrl a la Carny and Sandow would saints take a punt on him ?
    Without a doubt they should. Whether they will or not is another matter.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

He'd be an amazing signing , we'll probably pass though as that would be showing some ambition

Got A Season Ticket

If we can get him he is the man we need!
    Add Luke Lewis as a leader in the pack and surround him with the good quality youngsters we have in the forwards and we will be on our way to some decent recruitment next year

[IMG]Mickey Pearce.jpg[/IMG]
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Mitchell Pearce or Matty Smith? Hmm, tough decision

St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

True he's got his issues but Pearce is clearly a talent, he's durable, can organise, has pace and an excellent kicking game. If we aren't in the running, I'd be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    True he's got his issues but Pearce is clearly a talent, he's durable, can organise, has pace and an excellent kicking game. If we aren't in the running, I'd be disappointed
    He's no worse than Sean Long was when we signed him. As you say playing wise he fits the bill perfectly and would be a massive upgrade on Walsh

Banned

People think Sandow is good, Pearce is ten times better. Every club in the league would be better with him at 7

Love Rugby League alluded to a player moving to Superleague in their off the record column.

"An NRL player is on the move to Super League soon had little choice but to head to the UK. This player has all the skills but has issues off the field and has been involved in a recent incident. One of our Aussie insiders tell is that this player is damaged goods in the NRL and no other club wanted him or could accomodate him. We hope Super League can be a haven for him as it has been for the likes of Todd Carney and Chris Sandow."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_...gossip-41.html

Not sure it's a signing that Saints will chase as we have a record of offloading players with emotional baggage.

Edit Where has this rumour originated, I can't find a thing linking him with a move to Superleague?
    Last edited by WA10; 22nd June 2016 at 23:46.

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Love Rugby League alluded to a player moving to Superleague in their off the record column.

"An NRL player is on the move to Super League soon had little choice but to head to the UK. This player has all the skills but has issues off the field and has been involved in a recent incident. One of our Aussie insiders tell is that this player is damaged goods in the NRL and no other club wanted him or could accomodate him. We hope Super League can be a haven for him as it has been for the likes of Todd Carney and Chris Sandow."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_...gossip-41.html

Not sure it's a signing that Saints will chase as we have a record of offloading players with emotional baggage.

Edit Where has this rumour originated, I can't find a thing linking him with a move to Superleague?
    I'd be more infuriated if we arent in for Kallum Watkins - that would be a statement signing and a step in the right direction.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ande View Post
    I'd be more infuriated if we arent in for Kallum Watkins - that would be a statement signing and a step in the right direction.
    If there's any truth that Watkins is up for grabs then I'd stop everything we are doing and focus all our attention on signing him. He would instantly change the look and feel of our attack and we would be equally dangerous on both sides with him and Percival; as opposed to things being so lopsided as they are now.

I could even forgive them for signing Matty Smith if we got Watkins.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    If there's any truth that Watkins is up for grabs then I'd stop everything we are doing and focus all our attention on signing him. He would instantly change the look and feel of our attack and we would be equally dangerous on both sides with him and Percival; as opposed to things being so lopsided as they are now.

I could even forgive them for signing Matty Smith if we got Watkins.
    Lomax
    Makinson Percival Watkins Swift
    Fages Smith

I'd be happy with that, make it so Mr. Rush

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Whats going on at Leeds all together??!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Lomax
    Makinson Percival Watkins Swift
    Fages Smith

I'd be happy with that, make it so Mr. Rush
    Add that to:

Walmsley Roby Amor
    Lewis Greenwood
    Savelio

and you've got a half decent team

In The West Stand

Add that to:

Walmsley Roby Amor
    Lewis Greenwood
    Savelio

and you've got a half decent team
    I'd play Thompson at lock and bring in another prop but then I'd be quibbling

Its almost like its not total doom and gloom, and a few select recruitment decisions (along with a few promotions) can see us put together a really promising looking side

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I'd play Thompson at lock and bring in another prop but then I'd be quibbling

Its almost like its not total doom and gloom, and a few select recruitment decisions (along with a few promotions) can see us put together a really promising looking side
    I said this the other week mate over txt to someone I think. Amongst all the doom and gloom, all it takes is 3 or 4 correct decisions in terms of recruitment and retention (or not) and we would be right back up there. We would still need to play a more expansive style as well to go with it but we certainly don't have any problems that aren't fixable.

It's all going to boil down to what McManus/Rush/Cunningham decide over the next few months. If they are lazy, sympathetic and short-sighted then next year could see us mid-table playing in front of 6000 fans. If they are ambitious, bold and ruthless then we could fear nobody and fans would be back on side.

Noooobie

I said this the other week mate over txt to someone I think. Amongst all the doom and gloom, all it takes is 3 or 4 correct decisions in terms of recruitment and retention (or not) and we would be right back up there. We would still need to play a more expansive style as well to go with it but we certainly don't have any problems that aren't fixable.

It's all going to boil down to what McManus/Rush/Cunningham decide over the next few months. If they are lazy, sympathetic and short-sighted then next year could see us mid-table playing in front of 6000 fans. If they are ambitious, bold and ruthless then we could fear nobody and fans would be back on side.
    Well said that man/giraffe !!

Agreed.

Got A Season Ticket

Will the club or McManus spend to bring top players in?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

If hypophetically we signed Mitchell Pearce, Kallum Watkins and Luke Lewis for next season and released Turner, McDonnell, Burns, Walsh, Vea and Owens we'd be right up there and would still have reasonable depth to cover the squad.

It's all about quality rather than quantity next season and there's a good opportunity to release some deadwood and freshen up the squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    If hypophetically we signed Mitchell Pearce, Kallum Watkins and Luke Lewis for next season and released Turner, McDonnell, Burns, Walsh, Vea and Owens we'd be right up there and would still have reasonable depth to cover the squad.

It's all about quality rather than quantity next season and there's a good opportunity to release some deadwood and freshen up the squad.
    I agree. Although it's more likely to be Matty Smith and Chris Dean than Pearce and Watkins haha!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk SS's Avatar

Not a cat in hell's chance of Watkins, Pearce and Lewis being at Saints next year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I agree. Although it's more likely to be Matty Smith and Chris Dean than Pearce and Watkins haha!
    Definitely. What other Widnes and NRL reserve graders can we pick up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste