Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redundancies At Saints.

Banned

Default Redundancies At Saints.

In an open letter to the Government, Mike Rush has spelled out what impact it is having on the club and the area. We need to start getting fans back in to stadiums. If your a season ticket holder track and trace is easy. I now think this Government is barmy! I have just come back from Cyprus again! These clowns have now put them on the isolation list when you return. No one has died in weeks. Cases have gone up 400% in 3 weeks, they were minimal and still are. Sports stadiums are basically open air arenas. People are needlessly losing their livelihoods. Too many decisions made by old farts in self preservation mode, putting young families into poverty.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I sometimes wonder how much the lost revenue for that Little Mix concert was for the club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I sometimes wonder how much the lost revenue for that Little Mix concert was for the club.
    A huge amount. I was dreading reading it once I'd heard about it but I think Rush spells it out really well without sounding like a cry arse. It's sickening to think that doing things the right way is rewarded like this. I really despair at this country sometimes.

The Tory ministers will probably laugh about the letter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I was wondering about that myself. But normally those type of events are either a set fee for the use of the facilities, or a fee and a small percentage of ticket sales. Large arenas that are regular entertainment venues sometimes bid for a artist, and pay the artist an agreed appearance fee. Venues usually also get a percentage of merchandise sales. I doubt that Saints have paid an appearance fee to Little Mix, though I don't know. Whichever it was we have lost out on some kind of fee and the bar sales.

In The South Stand

Really saddened me, this. The club really is the lifeblood for an under invested town and the effects of Covid, not just the redundancies by the club, will have an even more devastating effect on a town that’s vital services are already stretched to breaking point.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Someone made a valid point, why can't Saints set up as a restaurant.. there may be a reason, but why can't the conference rooms be used for a couple of seatings of Sunday lunch.. there may well be a reason..

I saw that Bury (?) FC were doing haunted tours of the stadium for a few quid.. I wonder with using the ground as a match day venue, and also a training ground make it difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    A huge amount. I was dreading reading it once I'd heard about it but I think Rush spells it out really well without sounding like a cry arse. It's sickening to think that doing things the right way is rewarded like this. I really despair at this country sometimes.

The Tory ministers will probably laugh about the letter.
    It appears that doing things the right way, in any walk of life , in this country leaves you more open to receiving little/no help when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Someone made a valid point, why can't Saints set up as a restaurant.. there may be a reason, but why can't the conference rooms be used for a couple of seatings of Sunday lunch.. there may well be a reason..

I saw that Bury (?) FC were doing haunted tours of the stadium for a few quid.. I wonder with using the ground as a match day venue, and also a training ground make it difficult
    I imagine once the season is over they could probably do some stuff over christmas and new year period.

In The South Stand

I’ve no idea. Lockdown restrictions?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

It appears that doing things the right way, in any walk of life , in this country leaves you more open to receiving little/no help when you need it.
    Aint that the truth.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I suppose this is the problem of schemes that are set up in a hurry (for obvious reasons). Some businesses are going to slip through the net because of technicalities!
    Fingers crossed that the Minister sees the injustice here and takes some action to correct it. Sadly, I'm not expecting this to happen.
    I guess with hindsight, the club would have been able to access the 'closed' job support scheme if they had the hospitality side of things set up as a separate business?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I believe Warrington have.

Starting A Programme Collection

France & Germany back into lockdown, curfew across Spain, no different mindset here unfortunately as Tories support tiered approach while Labour want a full Circuit Breaker if that's what they're calling it now. I believe we need a major re- think but governments saying they're following the science. There seems to be no way out for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I believe Warrington have.

What is the situation with your landlords are they still having weddings? Waste of a new carpet that.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    What is the situation with your landlords are they still having weddings? Waste of a new carpet that.
    No idea, the sale hasn't even gone through yet.

No one has died in weeks.

Cases have gone up 400% in 3 weeks, they were minimal and still are.
    I've been thinking for a while that you had taken leave of whatever sense you had and with that nonsense you've typed I'm more convinced now.

St. Helens
    WA9 3AL

New cases in last seven days: 764
    New deaths in last seven days: 6

Total UK cases: 965,340
    Daily UK cases: 23,065
    Total UK deaths: 45,955

Data as of 29/10/2020 - Source: PHE & DHSC

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    France & Germany back into lockdown, curfew across Spain, no different mindset here unfortunately as Tories support tiered approach while Labour want a full Circuit Breaker if that's what they're calling it now. I believe we need a major re- think but governments saying they're following the science. There seems to be no way out for the foreseeable future.

Germany have also just said once you hit a certain infection saturation point the track and trace is compromised and doesn't work. The science are also arguing amongst themselves on what's best so most democratic governments can't come up with this so called exit plan.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    I've been thinking for a while that you had taken leave of whatever sense you had and with that nonsense you've typed I'm more convinced now.

St. Helens
    WA9 3AL

Im not sure Cyprus is on about St Helens when he said that, i think he is on about cases in Cyprus and people now having to quarantine upon return from there.

Banned

I think you will find I was talking about Cyprus and the cases and zero deaths in that country I find it amazing we are asking people to quarantine returning from that country.

Point 2. I really care not what you think of my opinion. I have more concern of young families losing livelihoods and our youth being hung out to dry. I will state again I don't want anyone to die but if I believe the economy cannot be ignored and if the cohort dying continues to be at the older end with underlying health conditions it is sad but in pandemics it occurs. I will close on how busy have the nightingale hospitals been? By the way both myself and my wife are key workers although she is far more frontline. So we are entitled to an opinion having worked through it.

Banned

I think you will find I was talking about Cyprus and the cases and zero deaths in that country I find it amazing we are asking people to quarantine returning from that country.

Point 2. I really care not what you think of my opinion. I have more concern of young families losing livelihoods and our youth being hung out to dry. I will state again I don't want anyone to die but if I believe the economy cannot be ignored and if the cohort dying continues to be at the older end with underlying health conditions it is sad but in pandemics it occurs. I will close on how busy have the nightingale hospitals been? By the way both myself and my wife are key workers although she is far more frontline. So we are entitled to an opinion having worked through it.

Banned

Agree. If only the world could stop whilst we all worked out how to rid covid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post

St. Helens
    WA9 3AL

And its a fair bet the majority of deaths are the likes of Agnes who was cracking on 100 and about to die of Parkinsons/pneumonia/heart failure etc...

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Germany have also just said once you hit a certain infection saturation point the track and trace is compromised and doesn't work. The science are also arguing amongst themselves on what's best so most democratic governments can't come up with this so called exit plan.
    France have also given up on trying to get theirs to work & I believe Italy are now stopping testing anyone without symptoms. You're right, with all of this confusion it'll be impossible for anyone to make a strategic call to end it all and get people back to work. Currently the Tories are making the calls but Labour wouldn't be fundamentally different as they're all following the same science. I do sense a growing unease with what's going on and how lives are blighted. Admin here has posted a correction to a post stating 46k deaths I think it was, that'll be insignificant even if it grows when measured against all the other deaths and economic fall out that'll no doubt get worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    And its a fair bet the majority of deaths are the likes of Agnes who was cracking on 100 and about to die of Parkinsons/pneumonia/heart failure etc...
    Average age of death attributed to Covid is still around 82 predominantly with underlying health issues. They're saying the hospitals are full but I seen a study yesterday based on NHS own figures where the occupancy rate is on par for previous years, yes they're always full. Filling up now with Covid patients while heart and cancer patients of which there's many more than Covid will start dying at home. Doesn't seem much hope any time soon.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    Average age of death attributed to Covid is still around 82 predominantly with underlying health issues. They're saying the hospitals are full but I seen a study yesterday based on NHS own figures where the occupancy rate is on par for previous years, yes they're always full. Filling up now with Covid patients while heart and cancer patients of which there's many more than Covid will start dying at home. Doesn't seem much hope any time soon.

Imagine how far £12billion would have gone in increasing ICU and HDU capacity across the NHS, but if they did that then no-one would have made millions of personal wealth.