Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2121819202122

Thread: End Of Season Play Offs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I was wondering why the captain does not ask the ref to clarify the reasons for differing ? The Aussies captains for all their bleating usually ask the ref these type of questions in a calm manner. Kendall said last night that Griffin was the cause of the row.
    I would have loved one of the Hull players to have asked why the ball in touch with Regan, wasn't reversed against Singleton.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would have loved one of the Hull players to have asked why the ball in touch with Regan, wasn't reversed against Singleton.
    He’d have probably have marched them up field for the penalty if they had.

I wouldn’t like to be a ref but they don’t help themselves with poor and inconsistent decisions and I’m sure some “game management” is involved. I hope nothing tonight turns on a poor refereeing decision.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Definitrly not on the fence.
    We did not lose all them GF`s because the RFL changed the rules . We did not lose the CC last year because of Hicks.
    We are not victims of a conspiracy against us.
    Some of the decisions by Kendall in the last few weeks are odd, as Roger Moore says why was he given the match after last week.
    Is he Thierry Alibert in disguise?
    Ok fine, but could yuo just explain that why in a challenge cup final a referee would sprint away from a try without reviewing it,killed any momentum we may have got going. He definitely did not want a saints win.

Quote Originally Posted by greggo View Post
    Ok fine, but could yuo just explain that why in a challenge cup final a referee would sprint away from a try without reviewing it,killed any momentum we may have got going. He definitely did not want a saints win.
    Because he was convinced it wasn't a try?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

The issue with the penalty wasn't getting in the faces of players.. it was Griffin running in and patting him on the head about five times.. at the point in the game it was crazy from Hull.

That said if all the Saints players had run in on singleton instead of just taking it we'd probably have got a penalty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    The issue with the penalty wasn't getting in the faces of players.. it was Griffin running in and patting him on the head about five times.. at the point in the game it was crazy from Hull.

That said if all the Saints players had run in on singleton instead of just taking it we'd probably have got a penalty
    Which is fair enough. The thing that does my head in, some Wigan players do that every week (patting on the head) and nothing has ever been done about it, as far as I can remember.

Last night seemed a strange time to start clamping down on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Because he was convinced it wasn't a try?
    Well he got that wrong as we all know

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    He’d have probably have marched them up field for the penalty if they had.

I wouldn’t like to be a ref but they don’t help themselves with poor and inconsistent decisions and I’m sure some “game management” is involved. I hope nothing tonight turns on a poor refereeing decision.
    I heard from a Ref that game management is involved.

Well he got that wrong as we all know
    I’m not disputing that - just saying that him getting it wrong doesn’t equal an anti-Saints conspiracy.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    The result was never in doubt. When will folk wake up and see what's going on? Wigan get the "rub of the green" again and again, wearing down the opposition mentally. Evey 50/50 call went their way last night. Posters on here think that if Saints players front up to foul play by Wigan they'll get a result, they will, ten minutes in the bin or worse. I've said a thousand times Wigan are officiated differently to the rest of the league. No one can fail to see the bias in Kendall's performance last night. The penalty for patting thug Partington on the head (who reacted like a maniac and had to be held back by Hull and Wigan players) being given when last week he couldn't t see a swinging clenched fist to the face in front of him. You can bet your life if a Saints player had reacted as Partington did, he'd have been yellow carded, no problem. Then there's the push in the back re the non try for Hull, wasn't Hardaker offside? Throughout the game, as with the derby, Wigan were yards offside. Tony Clubb was the first player in leading the charge on a couple of occassions.................he's really that fast? I don't think so. Then there was the usual third man in "lending weight" (that's Wigan speak for falling on two team mates and a grounded player after the tackle is complete) in most tackles. Kendall should never have been given that game after his awful performance last week, never. When he started out he seemed a decent ref, but he's obviously had the "rules" explained to him and is now towing the party line, pathetic.
    Get a grip you sad man

Quote Originally Posted by KingRoss11 View Post
    Get a grip you sad man
    I, ll join the sad group with prez

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Which is fair enough. The thing that does my head in, some Wigan players do that every week (patting on the head) and nothing has ever been done about it, as far as I can remember.

Last night seemed a strange time to start clamping down on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ollie Gildart was penalised for it either early this season or late last season, but don't let fact get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Ollie Gildart was penalised for it either early this season or late last season, but don't let fact get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
    I, ve been to more or less every away gound in the last 35 years of watching saints and interestingly a recurring coversation allways seems to crop up, the topic the wigan rulebook , conspiracy, creepy eh.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I, ve been to more or less every away gound in the last 35 years of watching saints and interestingly a recurring coversation allways seems to crop up, the topic the wigan rulebook , conspiracy, creepy eh.
    Well stop bringing it into the conversation, nobody with any sense believes you.Maybe you should get your chairman to write another letter about it.

Just to put it into context, go on any teams fans forum and they believe that the referee is against them, and the sky commentators favour the other team.

Well stop bringing it into the conversation, nobody with any sense believes you.Maybe you should get your chairman to write another letter about it.

Just to put it into context, go on any teams fans forum and they believe that the referee is against them, and the sky commentators favour the other team.
    Who said me or any other saints fan brought it up, one thing I will say is theres a general dislike of your shower.

Banned

You could always leave the board if you don't like poster's view and opinions you sad, pathetic old bore.

Get in Coote lad.

Learning All The Songs

Dare I say it we do look a bit more creative today

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Dare I say it we do look a bit more creative today

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    Thought Fages played a lot better today linked well with Lomax and Coote he didn't do that against Wigoon.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You could always leave the board if you don't like poster's view and opinions you sad, pathetic old bore.
    Spot on mate!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KingRoss11 View Post
    Get a grip you sad man
    Cracking second post, sorry I missed your first one, welcome to the site.