Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFL Disciplinary

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Default RFL Disciplinary

Blake Austin nothing to answer to!!!
    https://www.rugby-league.com/article...h-review-panel

Scott Taylor, 3 match ban!!!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/47205106
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Learning All The Songs

Ha ha ha, you just couldn't make it up could you !

Received Cautions - Joel Tomkins (Hull KR) - Dangerous Contact

Would this be for thre dangerous contact his head made with Austin's forearm on the floor !!!!

Tomkins may be a total grub, but how Austin never even received a caution when the guy was hit on the floor and was totally sparked out is beyond belief

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Ha ha ha, you just couldn't make it up could you !

Received Cautions - Joel Tomkins (Hull KR) - Dangerous Contact

Would this be for thre dangerous contact his head made with Austin's forearm on the floor !!!!

Tomkins may be a total grub, but how Austin never even received a caution when the guy was hit on the floor and was totally sparked out is beyond belief
    Maybe Austin's Mum, daughter, sister or partner is a barmaid?

Banned

An absolute joke.

Given his previous sh*thousery in the last match got no more than a wagging finger, does his contract stipulate that he can't be banned? That seemed at least a 3-gamer - especially given the ban Leese got when then w*nky player fell into his tackle.

Starting A Programme Collection

Come on is anybody suprise I’m certainly not, after all they have to help to make it Warrington season...

Luke Thompson also received a caution for raising knees.

Learning All The Songs

Danny Brough 2 yellow cards in 2 games both for dissent.. no ban.
    Jake Connor gets a yellow for dissent in a pre season friendly and gets a 1 match ban...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake920 View Post
    Danny Brough 2 yellow cards in 2 games both for dissent.. no ban.
    Jake Connor gets a yellow for dissent in a pre season friendly and gets a 1 match ban...
    But Connor used “foul and abusive” language whereas Brough just disagreed without swearing apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Since when does that make a difference? It's not like he was using bad language to a woman or child. It's grown men we're talking about. It's just another case of RFL not applying the rules consistently. I don't know why I expected any different, no doubt we'll be on the end of some dubious decisions through the season.
    Of course there’s a difference and it’s an issue of degree. If you question a penalty, for example, there’s a likelihood you’ll be marched back 10 metres; continue and it could be a sin-binning. If the expression of discontent involved swearing (or the likes of homophobic comments) the likelihood is that a ban will follow what might be an initial red rather than yellow card. You have clearly forgotten or ignored the “Respect” initiative that was introduced in recent years.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Of course there’s a difference and it’s an issue of degree. If you question a penalty, for example, there’s a likelihood you’ll be marched back 10 metres; continue and it could be a sin-binning. If the expression of discontent involved swearing (or the likes of homophobic comments) the likelihood is that a ban will follow what might be an initial red rather than yellow card. You have clearly forgotten or ignored the “Respect” initiative that was introduced in recent years.
    I agree with your point but I do think repeated dissent like this should be punished. Brough clearly isnt very bright and a sin bin hasn't had the desired effect

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I agree with your point but I do think repeated dissent like this should be punished. Brough clearly isnt very bright and a sin bin hasn't had the desired effect

I think you’re right about repeated infringements. Rather than ban him for a game, however, I think it would be more of a punishment to fine him and keep using the sin-bin when he transgresses. That way, rather than being able to field a full side whenever Brough is banned, the club has to suffer each time by playing a man short for 10 minutes (and did we manage to score the winning try over the weekend at the death partly because Wakefield were too tired to close us down after having to cover for Brough’s absence earlier in the game?): and the player feels the impact in his wallet.

I think you’re right about repeated infringements. Rather than ban him for a game, however, I think it would be more of a punishment to fine him and keep using the sin-bin when he transgresses. That way, rather than being able to field a full side whenever Brough is banned, the club has to suffer each time by playing a man short for 10 minutes (and did we manage to score the winning try over the weekend at the death partly because Wakefield were too tired to close us down after having to cover for Brough’s absence earlier in the game?): and the player feels the impact in his wallet.
    That's not a bad idea at all. Do you mean for the offence in particular that they've had looked at previously though or in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    That's not a bad idea at all. Do you mean for the offence in particular that they've had looked at previously though or in general?
    I was really covering repeat infringements for issues that don’t in themselves warrant a ban, as in the case of dissent that doesn’t also include swearing at the ref/touchjudge. As I understand the system, if a player is a repeat offender for foul play, the Disciplinary Panel will levy a longer ban within the spectrum identified for each category of offence than applies for a first timer.

I was really covering repeat infringements for issues that don’t in themselves warrant a ban, as in the case of dissent that doesn’t also include swearing at the ref/touchjudge. As I understand the system, if a player is a repeat offender for foul play, the Disciplinary Panel will levy a longer ban within the spectrum identified for each category of offence than applies for a first timer.
    Understood. Thanks

Upside
    Non Members

It's hard to respect anything that makes things up as they go along.
    Hard to respect anyone who thinks it's fine to abuse others because they are not a kid or female

It's hard to respect anything that makes things up as they go along.
    Wilkins has now been banned for 1 match for swearing at the referee so signs of consistency from the disciplinary panel.

Upside
    Non Members

Hard to respect anyone who takes offence at such a thing too. Stop being so soft.

It isn't soft objecting to abuse

In my experience people often state these things on the internet but rarely apply them in real life, I suspect you wouldn't be happy if somebody abused you, so shouldn't condone it in others

Hard to respect anyone who takes offence at such a thing too. Stop being so soft.
    If it’s soft to take offence at “such a thing” why do you deem it inappropriate language to use to women and children? Are you a member of the RFL given such inconsistency?

Because I'm a grown man, I hear all kinds on a regular basis but I'm not overly sensitive. If someone used bad language in front of my little girl then they'd be told to watch it, Rugby player or not. My Mrs it would depend on what was said but again she's an adult and can decide for herself.

I think you're being pedantic for the sake of it to be honest. If you can't see the difference then I think you have issues.
    What was being discussed here was the matter of swearing at a match official. In much the same way as it is not deemed acceptable to swear in court, or at a senior officer in the services (and in many other places of work), so treating referees respectfully is a requirement of rugby league and failure to do so should result in some form of disciplinary action. I accept that people swear, and that some circumstances seemingly justify it, but I nevertheless consider it to be a failure on that person’s behalf if they are unable to convey their message without resorting to foul and abusive language. That’s not to say that I haven’t fallen short in that respect in general life and in sport, indeed I once received a 16 match ban for telllng the referee what I thought of him.

Banned

It looks like Joe Greenwood has got away with one for the shoulder charge on Austin , only Westwood charged from the game .

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    It looks like Joe Greenwood has got away with one for the shoulder charge on Austin , only Westwood charged from the game .
    That is pathetic.

In The South Stand

I'd like to say unbelievable, unfortunately it isn't, is it?

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I'd like to say unbelievable, unfortunately it isn't, is it?
    Par for the course.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

He’s 37 you know....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    That is pathetic.

I'd describe it with a different word.