Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Interesting disciplinary this week......

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Referees can miss things i get that, but there is really no point of having a VR if they're not going to assist the ref in that situation.

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk
    Exactly--how can the video ref miss the incident as reported by Sky commentary team? Does he not have rewind?

Learning All The Songs

Fans from other clubs view players differently and some players also dislike thugs. Whilst on international duty Wello said Jason Hooper`s name cropped up that his liking for the dark arts left a lot to be desired, most Saints fans and players loved him.
    I would prefer a tough type player like KC, Scully or Andy Faz but for all of those there is a Morley, Hock or McDermott. All these players get voted on the now discontinued Rugby AM list of toughest opponents so they must have some common connection.
    We did not need too many who played on the edge when we were at our pomp but Joynt always named Sonny as a player he liked in his side, Vila was a liability in that department but another who was not a saint when at Saints.
    If the game is not being adjudged by the present rules then yes I think we should push it to the limit also.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Fans from other clubs view players differently and some players also dislike thugs. Whilst on international duty Wello said Jason Hooper`s name cropped up that his liking for the dark arts left a lot to be desired, most Saints fans and players loved him.
    I would prefer a tough type player like KC, Scully or Andy Faz but for all of those there is a Morley, Hock or McDermott. All these players get voted on the now discontinued Rugby AM list of toughest opponents so they must have some common connection.
    We did not need too many who played on the edge when we were at our pomp but Joynt always named Sonny as a player he liked in his side, Vila was a liability in that department but another who was not a saint when at Saints.
    If the game is not being adjudged by the present rules then yes I think we should push it to the limit also.
    I think most people would have hated Pryce when he was at Bradford but loved him when he came to Saints similarly Bobbie Goulding when at Wigan. It is natural but the one thing is the players who are hated by opposing fans are usually good players, obviously the Hocks and Newtons were just out and out thugs I doubt their mothers loved them.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Still nothing from the RFL today about the outcome of the Match Review Panel.......

Why do I get the feeling they've bottled it and they'll sneak the news out at 3am tomorrow
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Still nothing. Usually on by 2pm.

Farcical if Mcilorum not charged.

Got A Season Ticket

McIlorum should deffo be charged and get a lengthy ban. Not only did he hit him with a clenched fist he then tried to pull him to his feet. That could have made any injury worse. If he is charged then some action needs to be taken against the ref and video ref as they both did nothing. Sky showed what happened, whilst Dwyer was receiving treatment. So there was stoppage and the ref could have double checked what happened. No excuse to say they "missed it". Neither should ref/video ref again this season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Mcilorum 1 match for high shot but been referred for a grade F for other contrary behaviour.

Grade F for Tomkins too so both will miss out Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Mcilorum 1 match for high shot but been referred for a grade F for other contrary behaviour.

Excellent, are they appealing the decision?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Excellent, are they appealing the decision?
    Both F’s have to go to tribunal so we won’t find out until tomorrow evening

So as it stands at the moment MM has a definite 1 match ban, with maybe more to follow.
    Tomkins has not yet been banned but potentially could be.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

Is McIlorum’s ‘other contrary behaviour’ when he picked up a clearly injured player and dropped them back down again?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

What’s the match banding for Grade F?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

[QUOTE=undertheradar;806609]What’s the match banding for Grade F?

8+ or suspension

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Is McIlorum’s ‘other contrary behaviour’ when he picked up a clearly injured player and dropped them back down again?
    That’s what I was thinking. Potentially causing further serious injury to a prone player.

Banned

[QUOTE=wirefox;806614]
    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post

8+ or suspension
    Cheers. Hopefully long bans incoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

[QUOTE=wirefox;806614]
    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post

8+ or suspension
    Bloody hell.

The McIlorum ban is interesting. If he is found not guilty of 'other contrary behaviour', then he's down to a 1 match ban (which to my mind is a little lenient for that tackle). A successful appeal could get that overturned and he could still play against us.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The McIlorum ban is interesting. If he is found not guilty of 'other contrary behaviour', then he's down to a 1 match ban (which to my mind is a little lenient for that tackle). A successful appeal could get that overturned and he could still play against us.
    There should also be repercussions for Kendall and Hicks, how they never followed up on the McIlorum incident I'll never know.

If the other charge is for picking the injured player up then I’m not sure how they can find him not guilty of said offence. It’s like charging someone for shoplifting and finding him not guilty despite being on video walking out of the shop with a tv under his arm

You can’t have players doing what he did. It was only because he didn’t want the video ref to have chance to intervene

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    99% sure this won’t happen.

If the grade F for McIllorum was picking up (and dumping) an injured player then he’s in for a long ban, I’m sure I remember a similar incident involving Greg Bird a few years ago.

Edit: found the incident Jamie Acton was banned for 9 for trying to pick up Greg Bird as he was injured/pretending to be knocked out on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

If the grade F for McIllorum was picking up (and dumping) an injured player then he’s in for a long ban, I’m sure I remember a similar incident involving Greg Bird a few years ago.

Edit: found the incident Jamie Acton was banned for 9 for trying to pick up Greg Bird as he was injured/pretending to be knocked out on the floor.
    So two starting players missing for a quarter or so of next season. Wonder if McNamara still isn’t worried

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    So two starting players missing for a quarter or so of next season. Wonder if McNamara still isn’t worried
    He doesn’t know what happened!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    If the other charge is for picking the injured player up then I’m not sure how they can find him not guilty of said offence. It’s like charging someone for shoplifting and finding him not guilty despite being on video walking out of the shop with a tv under his arm

You can’t have players doing what he did. It was only because he didn’t want the video ref to have chance to intervene
    Don't think the tribunal can degrade this offence with all the video evidence. Looking at the disciplinary match reports (Catalan) there were quite a few elbows going in the tackle as well as the head shots.

McBanana's see no evil, hear no evil posture just about sums him up, we could probably say a similar to the officials as well more so for the video ref.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I'm just a bit surprised that the tackle itself only seems to have merited one match in the eyes of the disciplinary.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

McIlorums includes the picking up - in fact I think that's the whole of the Grade F charge, the 1 match is for the tackle
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............