Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 8

Banned

Even worst!

Starting A Programme Collection

The worst thing bout it all is, it wont be just the roof that will need sorting. They are going to have to check all the electrics in the area and also there might be damage to the equipment in the gallery.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Electricsaints06 View Post
    Not good!!
    Hit by a typhoo-n

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    The worst thing bout it all is, it wont be just the roof that will need sorting. They are going to have to check all the electrics in the area and also there might be damage to the equipment in the gallery.
    The scary thing is you can see roof parts on the seats below. Defo using the incorrect materials

In The West Stand

The scary thing is you can see roof parts on the seats below. Defo using the incorrect materials
    I know that they say a picture speaks a thousand words but the amount of diagnosis on here is taking the p1$$ given the limited information.

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    What worries me is that the winds haven't exactly been 'freakish' I don't know the exact speeds, but I'd suggest in its lifetime it'll be subject to stronger winds

Winds over 60 mph with gusts of 75 to 80.mph That's strong enough for me.
    God help us if we had had the 100mph they had in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    God help us if we had had the 100mph they had in other areas.
    I am a weather nut, i study it as a hobbie and the storm that scotland got the other week with 160mph winds was supposed to hit us. But decided 2 days before to change track. If we had of got that it would have been alot worse.

Defo using the incorrect materials
    And you are qualified to state this fact?

Getting Back OT and as it was a nice sunny day I thought I wold take a few Pictures as we are getting close to the end of the thread , I think they are quite nice myself

Mr G, looks like theirs loads of life left in this thread now

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

well NOW there is , but it looked all wrapped up before the weekend
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Come on Rogues, is that the best you've got ?
    It is but a mate of mine has come up with this.
    What do you think?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    And you are qualified to state this fact?
    It's happened twice now. In a mater of weeks. They should fix it for free

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.469530,-2.733496

It's happened twice now. In a mater of weeks. They should fix it for free

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.469530,-2.733496
    Happened twice? Yeah we know.

In a matter of weeks? Yeah we know.

They should fix it for free? Yeah we know.

So there's three facts and they're all correct but you said "Defo using the incorrect materials"

and I asked "And you are qualified to state this fact?"

meaning what qualifications do you hold to categorically state as fact that the wrong materials were used in the construction process based upon viewing one dodgy picture that you pinched off Twitter?

Luckily you have also declared where you are, in a bush off Scafell Road, so that should make it easier for Barr's lawyers to find you when they sue you for libel.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    What worries me is that the winds haven't exactly been 'freakish' I don't know the exact speeds, but I'd suggest in its lifetime it'll be subject to stronger winds
    You're kidding, what sort of 'not exactly' freakish winds picks up a 40 foot vehicle and dumps it on it's side on the Thelwall Viaduct.Yes it happened today. For me the whole place is a wind tunnel,
    on a normal day it creates a blast of wind
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

So there's three facts and they're all correct but you said "Defo using the incorrect materials"

meaning what qualifications do you hold to categorically state as fact that the wrong materials were used in the construction process based upon viewing one dodgy picture that you pinched off Twitter?

Luckily you have also declared where you are, in a bush off Scafell Road, so that should make it easier for Barr's lawyers to find you when they sue you for libel.
    Anyone with the minimum of knowledge of construction knows that roofs have to be designed to withstand winds of considerably more than anything that has ever been recorded in that area before.

Whether it's a design fault, a contractor's fault or a workmanship fault, it's a fault.

You know as well as I do that if anyone had died as a result of falling debris someone out there would have been sued for millions. It would not have been dismissed as a spot of bad luck.

You won't be sued by me pointing that out either so don't cry.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    You're kidding, what sort of 'not exactly' freakish winds picks up a 40 foot vehicle and dumps it on it's side on the Thelwall Viaduct.Yes it happened today. For me the whole place is a wind tunnel,
    on a normal day it creates a blast of wind
    Sorry pal but construction designs have to take into account 'freakish' events. Vans don't.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Anyone with the minimum of knowledge of construction knows that roofs have to be designed to withstand winds of considerably more than anything that has ever been recorded in that area before.

Whether it's a design fault, a contractor's fault or a workmanship fault, it's a fault.

You know as well as I do that if anyone had died as a result of falling debris someone out there would have been sued for millions. It would not have been dismissed as a spot of bad luck.

Exactly what you said - somewhere there is a fault. You really didn't think that I attributed this to one of those unfortunate things that happens due to a higher deity? You really don't know me if that's the case.

Also, if you read earlier in the thread you will see me actually dismiss the "freak" winds today as being about average for a windy day and to be totally expected at this time of year, as part of our normal winter.

But to address the issue that you've conveniently skipped by (and you possibly know considerably more than I do in this instance): from looking at one dodgy photo that was taken 40m away from the damage, can you categorically state that it's "Defo using the incorrect materials"? No. Thought not.

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Its just the sliding roof that has come away a bit.

I wonder if those blokes that live up the Link Way in their caravans have offered to come round and fix it yet? Maybe could Tarmac the drive while they are there?
    Gone Walkabout...

In The West Stand

while all of that is true, it wasnt the original point. The claim was that it had "deffo" been made out of the wrong materials. My suspicion that this was a bobbins statement was first aroused by the fact that most people qualified to comment on such matters dont use the word "deffo"

ITs actually really complicated. The material used is corrugated, meaning it's stronger. But if there is a dent or buckle that got there by falling debris or by someone walking on it, makes it weaker and easy to bend up. It's also probs not helping that, that corner is slightly open compared to the other sides. Also like I mentioned before there is no soffits. If there were soffits there would be no overhang under the gutters on the roof, also them rats wouldn't keep shiting all Over our new ground.

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Warrington Wolf: I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your stadium down.
    Gone Walkabout...

Sorry pal but construction designs have to take into account 'freakish' events. Vans don't.
    It wasn't a van it was a 40ft artic, but I was commenting on the guy saying it wasn't exactly freakish winds. It was extremely windy and down the side of Tesco's it really whips up toward the stadium
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Banned

what qualifications do you hold to categorically state as fact that Barr's lawyers will sue for libel

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Think a little calm is called for.It is a matter for the club to sort out with the contractors/designers and I am sure it will be sorted out with a bit of cladding.
    Learned comment from The Don