Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 182834353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 6

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    A fabricator has already been out and will need to again to fit the clad on the north stand

Go on then I'll play along. ONE fabricator??? Which company?
    Who will be paying for the dye-penning or ultrasound testing that will be required?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dunderpants View Post

Who will be paying for the dye-penning or ultrasound testing that will be required?
    There is no need to get smart you have already said that you are a fabricator and im saying now i not. Im just saying there was a company that fitted the turnstyle entrances and there will need to be brackets welded on to take the cladding

Starting A Programme Collection

I think tescos is opening sooner rather than later. There has been a delivery of Display cabinets and checkouts
    http://www.blighline.co.uk/home

In The South Stand

Exactly. I don't know how many times I've got to say this.

IF there are no brackets then it isn't going to happen. No fabrication company is going to come out and start welding bits on to fit the cladding. If they did it would be a botch job...but then again this is Saints!!!
    it also to my mind brings in any cover Barr will be liable for, after some other firm has been messing about with the steelwork.

Got A Season Ticket

i dont think dye penning would wok on the stadium as you need a black light to view ! it would more likley to be ultrasound and mag partical and to be honest it really isnt that expensive i knoe a pcn3 tester that is very reasonable

Got A Season Ticket

Having a fabricator come in and make alterations does not mean a botch job! i have seen plenty of steel structures that have needed on site alterations.

Got A Season Ticket

There would of course have to be structural calculation as to what can and cant be added, what im pretty confident about is there would be room in it original design fo change as this is a 100 year project.

Got A Season Ticket

Im quite happy for it to remain unclad i actually kind of like it

Learning All The Songs

Yeh and let's campaign to get all that clading removed that's already up there.

Got A Season Ticket

I really think that not being fully clad will alter the fact we have a new stadium to some it will be beautiful to others awfull but when sat or stood inside watching the game will it really matter if its clad or not? i just think people like a good moan, and theres plenty on here! Id say if you dont like it dont go! Make it an excuse not to go just like playing at widnes this year!!!!!

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scousedave View Post
    I really think that not being fully clad will alter the fact we have a new stadium to some it will be beautiful to others awfull but when sat or stood inside watching the game will it really matter if its clad or not? i just think people like a good moan, and theres plenty on here! Id say if you dont like it dont go! Make it an excuse not to go just like playing at widnes this year!!!!!
    I think if it does become totally enclosed you will see a significant increase in the noise levels. The 'cladding' or whatever you want to call it all the way round, for me, would be a hugely significant addition making Saints home an extremely exciting place to be, whereas at present, the atmosphere could be very similar to most other grounds on a match day.

I really do think it is that important.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

The New Stadium Sponsors are----------------------------

http://www.euroclad.com/?gclid=CLHJ7...FW1ItAodFl9Heg

The Euroclad Stadium sounds good eh?
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    I think if it does become totally enclosed you will see a significant increase in the noise levels. The 'cladding' or whatever you want to call it all the way round, for me, would be a hugely significant addition making Saints home an extremely exciting place to be, whereas at present, the atmosphere could be very similar to most other grounds on a match day.

I really do think it is that important.
    well firstly when your sat or stood where you will be watching from, and the screen and scorebored are init will efectivly be a bowl,it will be the continuous roof that holds in the noise not the outer cladding.
    The atmosphere of a fortress will come from howmany show up every week!
    An open field can be intimidating when 100% of the fans are behind the team100% ask any amature player,theres allways places they hate going.
    The thing is getting everyone one on the same page! The plans never showed the stadium was going to be clad but the
    3d model did........so what!
    The thing is we have a truely great NEW stadium in a world climate that might have seen us go under,be gratefull for what we have. for all those moaners and doubters who love nothing more than to whinge, go down to the stadium this evening before it go's dark stand right therir and look, take it in, take the time to really really look why stood right their
    its friggin amaizing, its a daunting image for away fans, its truely spectacular and for all those who are moaning............stay away if you dont like it! no one puts a shotgun to your heads but the club will do good at this stadium with or without you. i bet other team fans come one here and laugh at just how negative someone can be

Quote Originally Posted by scousedave View Post
    well firstly when your sat or stood where you will be watching from, and the screen and scorebored are init will efectivly be a bowl,it will be the continuous roof that holds in the noise not the outer cladding.
    The atmosphere of a fortress will come from howmany show up every week!
    An open field can be intimidating when 100% of the fans are behind the team100% ask any amature player,theres allways places they hate going.
    The thing is getting everyone one on the same page! The plans never showed the stadium was going to be clad but the
    3d model did........so what!
    The thing is we have a truely great NEW stadium in a world climate that might have seen us go under,be gratefull for what we have. for all those moaners and doubters who love nothing more than to whinge, go down to the stadium this evening before it go's dark stand right therir and look, take it in, take the time to really really look why stood right their
    its friggin amaizing, its a daunting image for away fans, its truely spectacular and for all those who are moaning............stay away if you dont like it! no one puts a shotgun to your heads but the club will do good at this stadium with or without you. i bet other team fans come one here and laugh at just how negative someone can be
    Still looks half finished World climate or not.

Got A Season Ticket

and its that negative attituted that makes me close my eyes and shake my head in frustration! Ungratefull spoiled brat syndrome that what some fans have

In The South Stand

Still looks fabulous cladding or not.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'd you're that bothered about it, maybe you should come and do it for free

I'm fed up and confused about this whole cladding debate. I'm just gonna wait to see what it looks like when I'm sitting in my seat in 2012 and judge for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Have to say, I rarely post on this thread but I have no idea what cladding is, or what it's purpose is for. Moreover, I have no interest. As a 14 yr old going to KR, I never ever dreamed that one day we would be moving to a brand new stadium with modern facilities. I cannot wait to take my baby boy when he is old enough. As Blobby says, I am going to wait until the 1st game and give my opinion then. What I do know is that it will be a million times better than KR, so why the negativity over something that is not even finished.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Have to say, I rarely post on this thread but I have no idea what cladding is, or what it's purpose is for. Moreover, I have no interest. As a 14 yr old going to KR, I never ever dreamed that one day we would be moving to a brand new stadium with modern facilities. I cannot wait to take my baby boy when he is old enough. As Blobby says, I am going to wait until the 1st game and give my opinion then. What I do know is that it will be a million times better than KR, so why the negativity over something that is not even finished.
    Sense at last, people like Dom are becoming tiresome, if you don't like it don't effin go

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    ...people like Dom are becoming tiresome, if you don't like it don't effin go
    Oh I'll go pal, and I'll bring my 'effin' opinion with me and bore you 'effin' senseless.

Learning All The Songs

Oh I'll go pal, and I'll bring my 'effin' opinion with me and bore you 'effin' senseless.
    Dom 1 Buddy 0

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Right I've messages Saints on their Facebook page with what I think is a pretty simple to answer question about cladding gate! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is that what makes these forums so great and I think the obvious friction between opinions is made far worse due to Saints lack of communication with us the fans!
    I highly recommend going directly to Saints if you want a direct answer to a question as Saints Media Manager is normally very quick and efficient with replys!

In The South Stand

I have been able to go today and have a good look at this Stadium and i am aware that it is not easy to give any opinion on here without being slated but anyway here goes. I have only been able to keep up to date through this forum ie the fantastic photos and the very knowledable people posting.My first impression coming from town end along Peasley cross lane were surelly it is not going to be left like that, i pared up though so as to have a proper look and stood and walked alomg looking and then i sought out one of the Barrs people in charge and asked him was it going to be covered on the roadside where everyone sees it first and he said no not unless the Saints decide to do it at a later date. I then walked slowly along looking at everthing even all the back of the North stand where i have a season ticket for next year, towhich the gentleman i spoke to remarked " you will be ok there" yes i saw all the back of the North stand. So my conclusions , the back of the seats if the panelling does not go any higher poses a chance of sometime in the future of some being bladdered and falling over, if it stays like it is, same thing applies to anywhere that only has so much hight to it. They did seem to be putting some of that red covering on the north side hopfully not only round the doors, but it would not really matter what colour the covering is so long as they put some where people see the stadium first on Peasley cross road. Having said all that it has to be said and i say this as someone who has stood on the terraces at Knowlesy Road for 60years What a fantastic Stadium we are going to have it is going to have every supporter of every other club jealous, just get your season tickets erverybody and enjoy it. i still think Peasley cross lane should have had more of a WOW factor but i cannot wait to get in, where i live i have had to put for years with people saying , you might have a good team but you have a crap stadium,but they can,t say that now. get your tickets get up there and shout your team to glory , don,t forget this is a Rugby League stadium first so nobody is going to say you cannot play this weekend or that. I am looking forward to my 1st visit to look around when it is finished and then my 1st match ,Come On You Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPeter View Post
    I think tescos is opening sooner rather than later. There has been a delivery of Display cabinets and checkouts
    http://www.blighline.co.uk/home
    Staff now employed finish at close of business on Sunday 30th October at the town centre store. They are then set to start in new store on Monday 31st October they will all move over en bloc with temps then taking over Town Centre store to wind it down and shut up shop.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windle Lad View Post
    Dom 1 Buddy 0
    Explain.

He thinks he has the right to prattle on endlessly about the stadium not living up to his expectation when in fact he has a choice, if he doesn't like it don't go.

Writing a crap column in the program does not make him gods stepson