Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Sending Off

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Successful, reduced to 2. Back for the Wire game now?
    Yeah as long as he stops getting injured

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Successful, reduced to 2. Back for the Wire game now?
    Good. 2 games seems about fair.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

This tackle by Tommy was the same as Mike Cooper last night for Warrington lets see if the RFL have the balls to give Cooper 2-3 match ban?????????

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    This tackle by Tommy was the same as Mike Cooper last night for Warrington lets see if the RFL have the balls to give Cooper 2-3 match ban?????????
    Will be classed as reckless, Watts was more or less wrapped up by Ratchford and Hill so Cooper didn't need to add extra impact by moving that top arm/shoulder into the head of Watts.

Suprised Hill didn't stop on the floor for his customary HIA, did he sense Cooper was going to be in trouble and thought I'd better stay on the pitch.

Got A Season Ticket

Kudos (through gritted teeth) to Wire for their game management when Castleford came roaring back and Cooper got sent off. They retained the ball, kicked cleverly for Cas to have to do behind-the-posts re-starts and slowed things up through injury checks. It was sly but it worked. Compare and contrast to the Cats-Saints game...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Canterbredve View Post
    Kudos (through gritted teeth) to Wire for their game management when Castleford came roaring back and Cooper got sent off. They retained the ball, kicked cleverly for Cas to have to do behind-the-posts re-starts and slowed things up through injury checks. It was sly but it worked. Compare and contrast to the Cats-Saints game...

I don't understand why Wire put out such a strong side - and hopefully Cooper gets a decent ban and the disciplinary don't bottle it....

Until I saw the Wire side, I was on the verge of dumping a lot on a Cas win as I thought the sentiment of the occasion (and against what I expected to be half a Wire side) would see them win comfortably. Easy money, I figured. Glad I did a check on the Wire side first.

Got A Season Ticket

If anything I reckon Coopers was worse than Makinsons. The tackle was pretty much made, the case bloke was wrapped up and he waded in and threw his shoulder straight into his face. Makinsons happened much faster and was more a case of poor timing and getting it wrong.

I've never understood how exactly previous disciplinary record is factored in to things but I assume tommy grabbing Liam Watts tackle may have counted against him. No doubt that'll be the RFLs excuse when Coopers ban doesn't match.

Yeah Cooper's was a little worse as there was direct contact to the head, with the Makinson one there was no contact to the head at all, just rocked Evalds head back when he hit him

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Yeah Cooper's was a little worse as there was direct contact to the head, with the Makinson one there was no contact to the head at all, just rocked Evalds head back when he hit him
    But that has absolutely nothing to do with any ban he gets the criteria will be:

Do Wire have an important knockout game coming up

However the chairman of the disciplinary panel will ensure that nothing is allowed to prejudice the decision, since they will be impartial and have no connections whatsoever with any of the clubs involved, this is to ensure that there is no suggestion of any bias.

Oh sorry this is rugby league not a professionally run organisation, so Cullen will ensure that Wire have no suspensions going into the play offs.

I dread to think what incidents we get cited for tonight.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I don't understand why Wire put out such a strong side - and hopefully Cooper gets a decent ban and the disciplinary don't bottle it....

Until I saw the Wire side, I was on the verge of dumping a lot on a Cas win as I thought the sentiment of the occasion (and against what I expected to be half a Wire side) would see them win comfortably. Easy money, I figured. Glad I did a check on the Wire side first.
    Steve Price made it personal and shoved it right back at Powell to to detriment of Warrington.

In The South Stand

I would imagine that there is some bitterness and Steve Price didn't want to let Darrell Powell's team give any team of his a beating.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    But that has absolutely nothing to do with any ban he gets the criteria will be:

Do Wire have an important knockout game coming up

However the chairman of the disciplinary panel will ensure that nothing is allowed to prejudice the decision, since they will be impartial and have no connections whatsoever with any of the clubs involved, this is to ensure that there is no suggestion of any bias.

Oh sorry this is rugby league not a professionally run organisation, so Cullen will ensure that Wire have no suspensions going into the play offs.

I dread to think what incidents we get cited for tonight.
    is Paul Cullen still the chairman of the disciplinary panel?
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

I don't really think there was much in the Cooper incident, wasn't malicious, contact wasn't that forceful, just lazy in my opinion.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    I don't really think there was much in the Cooper incident, wasn't malicious, contact wasn't that forceful, just lazy in my opinion.
    He didn't make any attempt to tackle him though with his arms, you can see him dipping his shoulder into a falling Watts. Most players would wrap the arms around his shoulder and flop to gain extra seconds on the PTB.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He didn't make any attempt to tackle him though with his arms, you can see him dipping his shoulder into a falling Watts. Most players would wrap the arms around his shoulder and flop to gain extra seconds on the PTB.
    Yup, agree, which is why I said it was lazy more than malicious, just looked like he couldn't muster the energy to raise his arms around Watts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    is Paul Cullen still the chairman of the disciplinary panel?
    More importantly, is he still Related to Cooper?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Steve Price made it personal and shoved it right back at Powell to to detriment of Warrington.
    Fair point. Hope it smacks the spiteful, small-time rodent round his saggy chops and they lose in the 1st play-off.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

I didn't watch the full match but didn't Oledzki of Leeds do exactly the same to Hardaker, I think, I wonder if he will get the Saints treatment. I doubt it because Rugby League needs a strong Leeds according to everyone in Leeds.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I didn't watch the full match but didn't Oledzki of Leeds do exactly the same to Hardaker, I think, I wonder if he will get the Saints treatment. I doubt it because Rugby League needs a strong Leeds according to everyone in Leeds.
    Peter Smith from the YEP saying on twitter no bans from either game. Oledzki free to play. TBC later today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Peter Smith from the YEP saying on twitter no bans from either game. Oledzki free to play. TBC later today.

More ammunition...

Banned

Don't they normally release details of the weekend's cases on a Monday afternoon?

Are they trying to agree on the wording of the latest fairy stories, as to why Oledzki and Newman don't warrant bans.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Don't they normally release details of the weekend's cases on a Monday afternoon?

Are they trying to agree on the wording of the latest fairy stories, as to why Oledzki and Newman don't warrant bans.
    The wording should be "They are Leeds and they play Saints next"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The wording should be "They are Leeds and they play Saints next"

A little more creative. Oledzki apparently didn't make contact with the head of the opponent. Newman hit the opposition player with an open hand (and was himself being held)

Let's smash these tw*ts.

The one for me although irrelevant is that Chris Hill did not get punished for his blatant crusher tackle.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

A little more creative. Oledzki apparently didn't make contact with the head of the opponent. Newman hit the opposition player with an open hand (and was himself being held)

Let's smash these tw*ts.
    Never wanted to win a game as much for a long time.

I will be sick if this lot rock up and end up in another final from 5th again.