Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Final .

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm just rewatching it now and I know what you're saying about Lomax but it's still a good performance. 1. Because still didn't make any notable mistakes and 2. Him being a marked man creates space for others. In all honesty it wasn't a stunning game, just a good, disciplined, hard fought win but a win that was reasonably comfortable seeing it without all the emotion of last night. We got our tactics spot on and executed them well.
    I've read a few times the referee was poor although that's mainly been from the likes of Wire and Leeds fans with a chip on their shoulder, I'm not buying that for a minute, aside from that Dudson call on our line with the score at 20-6 which was a penalty I can't see what they're on about, either way, they wasn't going to win it from there so hardly a game changing incident.
    I'd just like to add what a sad, bitter man Phil Clarke is, him and the rest of the Sky team (Jenna aside) are an absolute shambles.
    Particularly amused by Clarke wanting Regan Grace penalised for jumping over a player rather than trampling on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Aye, nothing to do with him being rubbish for most of the season.
    May have been but if we didn't go with Smith as hooker cover he'd have likely been named on the bench imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Thanks Roy. I was going to come on today and ask you what different training they had done, I didn't ask before the game for precisely the reasons you have given.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Congratulations on being championes, well deserved and well earned.
    RD
    Get on your own thread duckie , apologies please could you put your complimentary comments which we were more than willing to set up for you on your very own thread , PS could you take the rest of the "no marks" with you.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

The only words to describe Fages would be hard as nails. The only downside to the day was the trams back to eccles, how they treat passengers is criminal.

Learning All The Songs

LMS was immense as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Can I just mention the tactical masterclass of not kicking on the last and making Salford start every set virtually on their own goal line.I was going mad at first until I realised the effect on Salford.Top stuff.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Absolutely amazing day and a cracking feeling being champions again. Thought Thommo was absolutely out of this world, 70 minutes of hard graft! What a guy.

Percy was brill, Coote was his cool and excellent self and thought Taia had a good running game. Shout out to Theo in defence too who was phenomenal.
    Gaz the whole Saints performance was a joy to watch , the power, the aggression , the way we just played the game because the lads knew they were in control, never rushed anything, no hospital passes even the playing the full sets , that will certainly be used by many next season , everyone of the 17 should be proud of thier contribution.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

Cracking result- superb from the whole squad. I had gone out for a curry the night before the match and happened to bump into Joe Vagana ( live in same suburb as him and Julian O'Neil) who I'm on nodding and chatting league terms with- and took it as a positive sign - we beat Bradford in a GF when he was playing for them so I was only 75% nervous before the game! Saints fully deserved their status as 2019 Champions and Grand Final winners COYS 2020.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    No need for that IMO.
    But a need to edit my post so people can not see I was comparing the response of two players.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geordie_saint View Post
    LMS was immense as well.
    I thought that the whole team were immense, with the forwards just on another planet. They didn't work that hard when thrashing Wigan. Probably because the opposition weren't as good.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevIro View Post
    I think the word you're looking for is ecstatic!
    Probably Kev: if only I could spell it...lol.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Obviously didn't notice it at the match but watching again on television Paulo looked very down at not playing, understandably, a highly paid player coming from the other side of the world and not playing well enough, he will just have to improve or either ask to go, citing the usual homesick, family issues etc.and free up the salary cap, but he should have at least pretended to be happy for his team mates. Great result, and I see that Watson says he has no issues with any of the referees decisions, I honestly think we might have had the rub of the green on a couple for once but it certainly didn't effect the result. The only problem now is playing the Roosters, with due respect to Salford and the rest they are a different proposition!
    Re: Watson , I really do hope Woolfe is a huge success , but Watson may also have been . I can see Wigan pinching him .

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Re: Watson , I really do hope Woolfe is a huge success , but Watson may also have been . I can see Wigan pinching him .
    Yes they're well known for that type of tactic! LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Particularly amused by Clarke wanting Regan Grace penalised for jumping over a player rather than trampling on him.
    To be fair, that is a penalty strictly speaking but never in the context of that incident. What annoys me is the way he goes in that stupid voice, calling the game wrong and basically making the viewers out to be stupid. I don't see what he gains from it and I don't see why Sky don't bin him and the rest of the idiots. Rant over.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    May have been but if we didn't go with Smith as hooker cover he'd have likely been named on the bench imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Not a chance.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Jumping into a tackle like that is a penalty,that's about the only thing Clarke got right all night.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Can I just mention the tactical masterclass of not kicking on the last and making Salford start every set virtually on their own goal line.I was going mad at first until I realised the effect on Salford.Top stuff.
    I think this was also used as a tactic as the in goal area is so shallow at Old Trafford, you'd be risking giving away seven tackles forom the twenty each time you tried to kick into the in goal. Tactics were spot on. Brilliant result.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Just about calmed down and finally watched the after match interviews. Yes there were some great performances, but what stood out for me from the interviews was Kyle Amor. Maybe not a star but what a clubman he showed himself to be. Wanted to heap praise on James Roby and then showed his true character. Said he had been told by JH that he had dropped down the pecking order. No moans, no long face just cracked on in training working hard to climb back up the ladder. His reward, a place in the 17 for 2 finals. Good on you Kyle.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Just about calmed down and finally watched the after match interviews. Yes there were some great performances, but what stood out for me from the interviews was Kyle Amor. Maybe not a star but what a clubman he showed himself to be. Wanted to heap praise on James Roby and then showed his true character. Said he had been told by JH that he had dropped down the pecking order. No moans, no long face just cracked on in training working hard to climb back up the ladder. His reward, a place in the 17 for 2 finals. Good on you Kyle.
    Cracked on in training but also did extra in his own time, running, swimming etc. Have seen this first hand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Cracked on in training but also did extra in his own time, running, swimming etc. Have seen this first hand
    I was very critical of him. He's thrown it in my face. Very wrong about Amor I was.

First class pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I think this was also used as a tactic as the in goal area is so shallow at Old Trafford, you'd be risking giving away seven tackles forom the twenty each time you tried to kick into the in goal. Tactics were spot on. Brilliant result.
    Spot on. It's very hard to make kicks stay in the in-goal at OT

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Congratulations. Much as I would have laughed my socks off if you had blown it, it is only fitting that the best team in the league this season by a country mile should win the GF

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Much like Peyroux. Must be all the sweeter for those players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Gaz the whole Saints performance was a joy to watch , the power, the aggression , the way we just played the game because the lads knew they were in control, never rushed anything, no hospital passes even the playing the full sets , that will certainly be used by many next season , everyone of the 17 should be proud of thier contribution.
    Maybe the CC Final defea was a blessing; our execution in the big games has been almost perfect since then and the intensity has ramped to another level. Can't wait for the Roosters game!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Congratulations. Much as I would have laughed my socks off if you had blown it, it is only fitting that the best team in the league this season by a country mile should win the GF
    Saints fans are grateful that you took the time to give credit to our team. If you could just put something to the same effect on your own fans forum then that would be really meaningful! Next year will be here soon so that should cheer you up!