Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192535 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    349 posts about Wigan? Are we obsessed?
    It's all fun the ENVY-OMETER is fully pointing over to us at present....................

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Are we really that arsed that they have 8 overseas nobodies in their squad rather than 7, they arent a threat, its rather funny to see the standard of their non quota players compared to ours.
    correct.

The fact that they have to try and bend the rules to fit Tommy Leuleuia into their squad just shows how terrible/desperate they are.

Banned

Are we really that arsed that they have 8 overseas nobodies in their squad rather than 7, they arent a threat, its rather funny to see the standard of their non quota players compared to ours.

The point's more about how they constantly seem to get a favourable decision from the RFL - whether that's stuff like this, their flagrant flouting of the salary cap in 2006, or disciplinary panel rulings.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The point's more about how they constantly seem to get a favourable decision from the RFL - whether that's stuff like this, their flagrant flouting of the salary cap in 2006, or disciplinary panel rulings.
    The salary cap cheating in 2006 was one of the most blatant bits of cheating ive ever seen, something that they should have been absolutely hammered for rather than getting the slap on the wrist they did. Likewise Ben Flower should have been banned for life rather than the pitiful punishment he got. But i see this as something different to both of those, its them signing a player who is ancient and crap, its not like he, or any of the other overseas players they have signed, is any good, they arent anything to worry about, they are garbage and a long way behind us.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

But i see this as something different to both of those, its them signing a player who is ancient and crap.
    Ancient and Crap.
    Isn't that the Wigan motto?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Ancient and Crap.
    Isn't that the Wigan motto?

He's past it now Leuluai but he's been a class act really. Top player

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Ancient and Crap.
    Isn't that the Wigan motto

Thought it was ancient and soiled

In The South Stand

Wigans new signing at prop forward Silva - description on the Wigan announcement:

“Before playing Rugby League, Silva competed in mixed martial arts including jiu-jitsu, boxing and MMA fighting.”

Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Wigans new signing at prop forward Silva - description on the Wigan announcement:

“Before playing Rugby League, Silva competed in mixed martial arts including jiu-jitsu, boxing and MMA fighting.”

Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a signing ! Those goon fans must be relishing the start of the new season . This is comedy !

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    What a signing ! Those goon fans must be relishing the start of the new season . This is comedy !
    Their forum. My word. They are all getting giddy eyed because the guy can fight. Need a bit more than that lads to stop your pack getting trampled over

In The South Stand

I hope it is. Cust however is very, very highly rated by those that claim to have amazing NRL knowledge. I'm not sure how he's that good if he couldn't get a game over there and hasn't disgraced himself off their field. This guy is also meant to be a handful, although pretty raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I hope it is. Cust however is very, very highly rated by those that claim to have amazing NRL knowledge. I'm not sure how he's that good if he couldn't get a game over there and hasn't disgraced himself off their field. This guy is also meant to be a handful, although pretty raw.
    Skybet have got Cust equal favourite for Man of Steel with Mitchell Pearce.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Skybet have got Cust equal favourite for Man of Steel with Mitchell Pearce.
    The current MOS process means a player is more likely to pick up consistent MOS points if he’s a decent enough player in a poor team.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    The current MOS process means a player is more likely to pick up consistent MOS points if he’s a decent enough player in a poor team.
    So Cust it is then

true, given that even if a team loses the judges tend to give the best player on the losing team at least 1 point. he is likely to be their best player so will pick up easy points every week.

Got A Season Ticket

The way I see it Cust is essentially just a 1-for-1 replacement for Hastings. Like Hastings, he'll be one of their best players and biggest threats, doesn't mean there's any real cause for concern though, especially looking at the rest of the squad.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A handful in what respect?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Rumours here that Jai Field could be heading back to the NRL.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

A handful in what respect?
    In that he's like Fifita. That's how he's been described to me. Raw as they come but has the potential to cause absolute chaos.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Rumours here that Jai Field could be heading back to the NRL.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
    Seen this but it looks like from 2023 onwards.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Seen this but it looks like from 2023 onwards.
    It always starts there. He expresses he's unhappy, gets his agent to look for 2023. Finds a club, player says 'wish it was this year', club say it can be. Player fails to report in for training and all of a sudden a 'mutual agreement' is in place for him to go early for 'family reasons', or usually with Wigan because of some unreleased vehicle/drink/drug related crime.

Learning All The Songs

Got A Season Ticket

It always starts there. He expresses he's unhappy, gets his agent to look for 2023. Finds a club, player says 'wish it was this year', club say it can be. Player fails to report in for training and all of a sudden a 'mutual agreement' is in place for him to go early for 'family reasons', or usually with Wigan because of some unreleased vehicle/drink/drug related crime.
    He could be going straight away being reported down under that Lams son at the roosters is eyeing up a move to SL so there could be a move to the crust munchers on the cards but he’s bang average at best
    Looks like the roosters are going to bring in Brandon Smith decent swap I’d say lololol

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    He could be going straight away being reported down under that Lams son at the roosters is eyeing up a move to SL so there could be a move to the crust munchers on the cards but he’s bang average at best
    Looks like the roosters are going to bring in Brandon Smith decent swap I’d say lololol
    He's rumoured to have signed for Leigh. That's what the Mole was tipping on Twitter as well.

Banned

Hope he stays because he's not been very good. Wraps himself up in cotton wool for 2022 so as not to jeopardise the NRL move to be even worse.