Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182434 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Meister View Post
    Willie Isa signs new 2 year contract at Wigan

"We are looking to build a culture and leaders like him play an important part," said head coach Matt Peet.

Great news for us
    If ever a player encapsulated the "Wigan Way" of thuggish on field behaviour its Isa. As he's got older his skill set appears to have diminished and he appears to feel that by "tackiling" players from behind who are on their knees and not in posession of the ball, taking head high pot shots and rushing in to any given scenario where he can cause mayhem, he's showing leadership. If that's leadership........................

Chuffin heck, 2 year contract extension, wowzers!

The disciplinary will have to upgrade his loyalty card again.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Couldn’t believe it when I saw on the BBC. I don’t know anything about Matt Peat, but he sounds as full of crap as the rest of them.
    They are full of it aren't they? I can't wait for Good Friday already

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    It was definitely fortunate looking back that we picked up Long and he was as good as he was. Briers for me was the most upsetting player to depart the club. What was going on at the club in late 1997 was very confusing. Briers looked like the future to me.

It is hard to know what was terrace talk or what was genuine leaked info. Did Briers like going to the pub too much? Did Goulding have falling out with Hunte then Sullivan? What happen, if anything, during the on the road match in Swansea. Did we have a buyback clause in Briers Wire deal but Anderson didn't want him. I have heard all these things brought up over the years.

Either way McRae backed the wrong horse in Goulding, being from Canberra he wanted Goulding to be our Ricky Stewart and lead the team on and off the field. It is a shame we couldn't have had Long, Martyn and Briers in the same team.
    Nice idea, but I suspect it may well have been a case of 'one too many cooks'!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Chuffin heck, 2 year contract extension, wowzers!

The disciplinary will have to upgrade his loyalty card again.
    Whoever is making these decisions at Wigan needs drug testing . What’s going on ov’r Thill ? It’s like carry on Rugby .

Isa, two years..... hahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

The pies have a Crust , Hardaker Wants ‘ T’Geet wom ‘ , the Gorilla is driving the bus , They have a Three peet who is looking more like Bernie from ‘A weekend at Bernies ‘

I can’t wait to see what next week brings ....

If Zac stays , he deserves a song for good Friday , perhaps ; Homeward bound , I wanna be , Homeward bound .

This is brilliant !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Pretty good summary of the situation.
    Don't forget that included in the deal for Briers was a deal for Iestyn Harris too but Murphy reneged

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Don't forget that included in the deal for Briers was a deal for Iestyn Harris too but Murphy reneged

Hadn't actually heard that before, but it was obvious that we were very keen on IH at the time and he and Goulding seemed to get on like a house on fire on tour. Interesting to speculate what might have happened had the deal come off, though. Would he have kept Goulding on the straight an narrow? Would Goulding have taken him off the tracks? Would he have replaced Preccy at full-back? Or Gibbs at right centre? Or would we have lost Martyn if he took his s/o spot? Certainly things could have evolved very differently, and in the long run Murph may have done us an unintentional favour!

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Definitely did us a favour, we ended up with the best scrum half to ever play super league. I don't think any half back has come close to Sean Long during the SL era.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

I had forgotten about our interest in Harris.

"We are looking to build a culture and leaders like him play an important part," said head coach Matt Peet.

Great news for us
    Just when you though they had reached the bottom of the barrel................................!

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I had forgotten about our interest in Harris.
    Murphy put a fee of £1.25m on his head when we wanted him, he went to Leeds for £300,000..

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Murphy put a fee of £1.25m on his head when we wanted him, he went to Leeds for £300,000..
    He was always bitter about us after he left.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Great news for us
    Made my day.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    That would be my guess. Or Leuluai has had a rethink about retirement maybe. It'll be one of those 3.
    they have been granted a dispensation for Leuluai due to his longevity in the game (whatever than means).

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    they have been granted a dispensation for Leuluai due to his longevity in the game (whatever than means).
    "The exemption relates to Leuluai's previous time in the UK, having initially arrived in the UK in 2005 with London Broncos, before his 21st birthday. Though the current version of the rulings would see him classed as a quota player, it was decided Leuluai would not be judged on the new rulings and therefore Wigan did not need to get rid of a quota player in order to accommodate the arrival of Cust."

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    "The exemption relates to Leuluai's previous time in the UK, having initially arrived in the UK in 2005 with London Broncos, before his 21st birthday. Though the current version of the rulings would see him classed as a quota player, it was decided Leuluai would not be judged on the new rulings and therefore Wigan did not need to get rid of a quota player in order to accommodate the arrival of Cust."
    He lives near Wigan Hospital, see him walking his dog on a Sunday Morning, talks like a Wiganer and is institutionlized into Goon society now, so the exemption is fair enough.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He lives near Wigan Hospital, see him walking his dog on a Sunday Morning, talks like a Wiganer and is institutionlized into Goon society now, so the exemption is fair enough.
    Agreed - to be honest it hadn't even crossed my mind that he would count on the quota anyway.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

If ever anyone wanted evidence of the culture of the Wigan Club the resigning of Isa and the press comments is it. It comes from the top.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    If ever anyone wanted evidence of the culture of the Wigan Club the resigning of Isa and the press comments is it. It comes from the top.
    Long may it continue - they wonder why they struggle to hold onto good players etc, the place is rotten.

Then you hear Wane banging on about players getting off planes and them "getting stuck into them" at training etc rather than welcoming them - it's like they have no idea what human beings want to hear and what environment they want to be in.
    Last edited by FearTheVee; 16th November 2021 at 13:54.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Found a link to one of their props.

https://seeklogo.com/images/M/Mr__Ma...eklogo.com.png

Might have spelt his name wrong though.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Long may it continue - they wonder why they struggle to hold onto good players etc, the place is rotten.

Then you hear Wane banging on about players getting off planes and them "getting stuck into them" at training etc rather than welcoming them - it's like they have no idea what human beings want to hear.
    Absolutely bang on with this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It isn't 'fair enough' at all IMO.

It's another example of the officials in the game treating the scum more leniently.

It's not even like he's been here consistently. He went to the NZ Warriors for 4 seasons between stints with the scum.

Hope this cheating backfires on them and his form drops off a cliff (and that Crust tw*t proves to be utter gash)

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

It's another example of the officials in the game treating the scum more leniently.

It's not even like he's been here consistently. He went to the NZ Warriors for 4 seasons between stints with the scum.

Hope this cheating backfires on them and his form drops off a cliff (and that Crust tw*t proves to be utter gash)
    Dont sit on the fence about it

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Are we really that arsed that they have 8 overseas nobodies in their squad rather than 7, they arent a threat, its rather funny to see the standard of their non quota players compared to ours.

Got A Season Ticket

349 posts about Wigan? Are we obsessed?