Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back to it today

Banned

Default Back to it today

I those of you without social media might appreciate the pictures posted by the club today.

Banned

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Anyone know if Mata’utia has arrived yet?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Glad to see plyometrics in there instead of dated, ‘bulk’ building.

Banned

Not seen anything yet but he can't be far away now.

In The South Stand

Good to see, but with all the record breaking covid is doing, I can't see Super League even starting next year. I'd love to be wrong and it to have all blown away by then, but it seems doubtful.

With the Premier League struggling and cancelling games, it's hard to see Wakefield, Hull KR and Salford getting many played.

Banned

On his instagram account hes still in aus. Followed him when it was announced he signed for. Not come over yet

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Good to see, but with all the record breaking covid is doing, I can't see Super League even starting next year. I'd love to be wrong and it to have all blown away by then, but it seems doubtful.

With the Premier League struggling and cancelling games, it's hard to see Wakefield, Hull KR and Salford getting many played.
    The Totally Wicked Stadium was formally announced as the first community vaccine centre in Merseyside and Cheshire on December 18th so it looks like it will be used throughout the pandemic, let's hope that they can work out how to use it as a stadium as well if limited crowds are allowed back, I see from the pictures that they are still using it for gym work, so perhaps it can be used for both, but If they are vaccinating in the evening time I can't see how that can pan out I hope the club are getting some payment for the use though

Banned

Wigan have offered the use of 3 gazebo's and some off cuts of the new carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Wigan have offered the use of 3 gazebo's and some off cuts of the new carpet.
    Who are they renting them from?

Maybe they’re out of Rogues garden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Sadly the sheltered housing Rogues is accommodated doesn't have garden space. It has one hell of a shagpile carpet if that helps, it was an off cut from a Dave Latic Whelan Pie and Pea Lounge refurbishment.

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    On his instagram account hes still in aus. Followed him when it was announced he signed for. Not come over yet
    Don't think there's any rush to be honest. Bit of warm weather training won't do him any harm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Don't think there's any rush to be honest. Bit of warm weather training won't do him any harm
    He needs to get himself here and get used to the cold.

Although I'm a fine one to talk, I went for a little jog last night and felt like crying after 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    If I was him I’d want to be over here ASAP to fight for a place in the team. On a separate point Mata’utia seems to be mates with Nemani Nadolo, wouldn’t mind if he could convince him to do a season or two with us. Those not familiar with the name check him out on YouTube, 6’5 20 stone winger who also kicks goals and can run the 100m in 11 seconds!

Learning All The Songs

If I was him I’d want to be over here ASAP to fight for a place in the team. On a separate point Mata’utia seems to be mates with Nemani Nadolo, wouldn’t mind if he could convince him to do a season or two with us. Those not familiar with the name check him out on YouTube, 6’5 20 stone winger who also kicks goals and can run the 100m in 11 seconds!
    Not doubting the claims made but a lot of Aus/South Sea Island boys are school 100m champs with times of under 11 secs. These boys are quick no doubt but the Bolt Gatorade challenge saw Aussies best RL, RU and soccer`s fastest line up on 100m track with electronic timing.
    Lachie Turner won in 11.10 the other union lad second and Jarryd Hayne third in 11.20, Ben Barba and one of the Morris brothers were around 11.45. Not many RL players have gone under 11 secs but plenty claim to have done so, the only true RL player (not a sprinter signed for a challenge event or publicity) I know that has broken 11secs electronically timed is Des Drummond in Superstars he beat Keith Fieldings best with 10.88.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Not doubting the claims made but a lot of Aus/South Sea Island boys are school 100m champs with times of under 11 secs. These boys are quick no doubt but the Bolt Gatorade challenge saw Aussies best RL, RU and soccer`s fastest line up on 100m track with electronic timing.
    Lachie Turner won in 11.10 the other union lad second and Jarryd Hayne third in 11.20, Ben Barba and one of the Morris brothers were around 11.45. Not many RL players have gone under 11 secs but plenty claim to have done so, the only true RL player (not a sprinter signed for a challenge event or publicity) I know that has broken 11secs electronically timed is Des Drummond in Superstars he beat Keith Fieldings best with 10.88.
    Darren Albert? I'm sure he was a proper sprinter at some point.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He was a proper winger that's for sure. Defence and attack, one of my all time favourite wingers. He won the fastest man in NRL and fastest IN SL.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

That guy could jog faster than some other players could sprint.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Yeah at the age of 32 he probably can’t hit those times any more but he can still shift for such a big bloke, would love to see him in a Saints shirt!

Absolutely fine player for us was Uncle Albert, he had it all, scored so many good tries for us.

Always remember everytime we played Bradford, he had Vainikolo in his pocket every single time!

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Absolutely fine player for us was Uncle Albert, he had it all, scored so many good tries for us.

Always remember everytime we played Bradford, he had Vainikolo in his pocket every single time!
    He was a cracking player. He perhaps wasn't particularly explosive or powerful and he didn't have amazing footwork, but he had absolutely everything else. Aside from being able to break the sound barrier he was strong and was as tough as old boots. As you say, thanks to him we were the only club in the league that never seemed to have a hint of trouble with Vainikolo.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post

Shame that his career ended with us the way it did. As you say a fine player. Was also a very good full back when needed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He was a proper winger that's for sure. Defence and attack, one of my all time favourite wingers. He won the fastest man in NRL and fastest IN SL.
    Me too, him and Sullivan. Once they were away you knew it was very unlikely they were getting caught.

Learning All The Songs

Yeah he looked like he could go sub 11 always looked at ease, Radlinski got back to him in that CC final though when nobody ahead of him, probably did not have the acceleration that some have off the mark but no doubting his top end speed.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    He was a cracking player. He perhaps wasn't particularly explosive or powerful and he didn't have amazing footwork, but he had absolutely everything else. Aside from being able to break the sound barrier he was strong and was as tough as old boots. As you say, thanks to him we were the only club in the league that never seemed to have a hint of trouble with Vainikolo.
    I agree as above Dux maybe lacked the blistering pace off the mark and evasiveness of Regan, but he had it over the course and could tackle.
    As SaintJon says played fullback in the final when Wello went off injured and we did not look out of shape.
    No opta ratings yet for who hit the highest speeds this year, Regan topped it last time it would be nice to know if he managed it again.