Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheer leaders

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Engagement with the community

Offering nice experiences to young people

Getting people involved

Giving them positive memories and experiences

They do no harm and any addition to match day entertainment is a good thing, of you don't like it don't watch
    This sums it up. Lets be inclusive and take youngsters with us. The days of the boys pen are over thankfully. It always stunk of pee anyway.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Getting involved in the saints community or them be drunk and disorderly over the park on friday nights. Tough one that. Whats the alternative, sit in silence for the 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs

A few people giving opinions on other threads that the game needs to attract new blood. On the threads many giving ideas what should be done to achieve this (all being done presently), the main topic being including the community. This is an initiative involving the community, similar to the kids walking out with the players and some form of positive game day experience. ( I do agree with Dux allowing an atmosphere to build is better than forcing it loudly on a speaker but most of life now has this trend, part of labeling and pigeon holing to build a demographic to measure for statistics)
    Some still find a whinge in it!!
    Serious question has anyone got a forward thinking unique vision that is non sexual/alcohol/illegal drug funded to assist with attracting new fans and sponsors ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    A few people giving opinions on other threads that the game needs to attract new blood. On the threads many giving ideas what should be done to achieve this (all being done presently), the main topic being including the community. This is an initiative involving the community, similar to the kids walking out with the players and some form of positive game day experience. ( I do agree with Dux allowing an atmosphere to build is better than forcing it loudly on a speaker but most of life now has this trend, part of labeling and pigeon holing to build a demographic to measure for statistics)
    Some still find a whinge in it!!
    Serious question has anyone got a forward thinking unique vision that is non sexual/alcohol/illegal drug funded to assist with attracting new fans and sponsors ?
    I think more rugby-related stuff would help build the sense of an ‘event’. PDRL and women’s curtain raisers would be good for the community and also represent the kind of thing sponsors would like to be associated with. And given that everyone is there because they like RL, it would be the surest way of providing entertainment that would appeal to everyone.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Get Neil back , remember the quote "look at this its grass" don't think the wire supporters were impressed we were in the "eddy" , the wife was laughing her yed off winding them up , top bird is the wife lol.
    Last edited by roy litherland; 8th September 2019 at 18:11.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Of all the things to create a new account and write your first post for...
    My thoughts also.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think more rugby-related stuff would help build the sense of an ‘event’. PDRL and women’s curtain raisers would be good for the community and also represent the kind of thing sponsors would like to be associated with. And given that everyone is there because they like RL, it would be the surest way of providing entertainment that would appeal to everyone.
    Yes Dux the support from the Womens & Junior matches families, schools and friends would certainly help boost the gate.
    I think a shorter match can avoid the feeling of being RL `d out as some feel at Magic.
    As Ralph mentioned on one post just get down and support the lads.
    There seems to be apathy surrounding our game, it is a unique team sport, where physical violence is rightly encouraged with not too small levels of skill, speed and endurance are required. If we with our successful town team cannot appreciate that we are up the river as a sport.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 8th September 2019 at 12:47. Reason: spelling

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but whats the problem. If it's encouraging kids and they enjoy it, all well and good.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

I'd like them a bit if they danced to proper music.

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    didn’t Saints let fans send in requests of songs they’d like to be played. I can’t remember how it was done or whether they still do it.
    They made a Spotify playlist. I still have it in my Spotify account. After a while, it became subject to a few dubious tracks and it hasn't been updated since last year so I'm guessing it's a dead project now...

https://open.spotify.com/user/h2h5v9...T967vW5136MIZw

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Shocker of a thread....get to know the clubs as a whole!
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    They made a Spotify playlist. I still have it in my Spotify account. After a while, it became subject to a few dubious tracks and it hasn't been updated since last year so I'm guessing it's a dead project now...

https://open.spotify.com/user/h2h5v9...T967vW5136MIZw
    There's some decent track on that to be fair. A few dodgy ones too mind.