Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints Ave Crowd

Learning All The Songs

Default Saints Ave Crowd

Someone was telling me before that Saints average attendance this season after the regular eleven home games has seen a rise of about 100 per game to 11,421. Its not brilliant but i suppose compared to other clubs it looks ok. These figures are not counting the loop fixtures though, but they (loop fixts) are a turn-off and become boring when you meet the same side 3/4/5 times in the league. I expect plenty of spin from the SL at the end of the season.

Banned

We did get fortunate with Wigan first game up and then Wire being seen as a crunch game at the time. Away support has been pretty dreadful this season, Cas last night in a must win game brought awful numbers for them. All in all 11.500 for Saints is as good as it gets really. I do remember at Knowsley Road with great teams we thought a ten thousand average was more than satisfactory with minimal corporate expenditure and little fan spend whilst inside.

Langtree Park is solid corporate and very busy at the stadium bars. Only downside the Red Vee Bar its not inviting at all.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Someone was telling me before that Saints average attendance this season after the regular eleven home games has seen a rise of about 100 per game to 11,421. Its not brilliant but i suppose compared to other clubs it looks ok. These figures are not counting the loop fixtures though, but they (loop fixts) are a turn-off and become boring when you meet the same side 3/4/5 times in the league. I expect plenty of spin from the SL at the end of the season.
    Should cause concern among the top men in the game , If Sky pull the plug , God help us .

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

The away support for people coming to our place this year has been abysmal. Is that a trend or just because we've been in front of everyone in the league?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Friday night fixtures are great for home fans but lousy for away fans unless its Wigan or Warrington.

I would like to see us have a few more Sunday afternoon games but this season a lot of our games have been televised so we don't have choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Friday night fixtures are great for home fans but lousy for away fans unless its Wigan or Warrington.

I would like to see us have a few more Sunday afternoon games but this season a lot of our games have been televised so we don't have choice.
    Completely agree, more themed Sunday afternoon fixtures, the Catalan game springs to mind with the half price type of ticketing for occasional spectators, it put two thousand or so on the gate who wouldn't have been there otherwise. It wouldn't surprise me if Sky started wanting Sunday games, in view of them now having Friday night football. How about even Sunday lunchtime kick offs, we've had those in the days of Boxing Day derbys, anything to bring a few more spectators in, because apart from Saints it looks like attendances are plumetting at some of the other grounds. Surely the corporates could be invited to Sunday lunch instead of Friday dinner!

Got A Season Ticket

The cas away following as held up well in what has been a dissaponting season I know it's no reason not to go support your team but most people were expecting a hammering on Friday
    The other factor is the M62 which on most Friday night's turns into a car park unless your able to set off early it's 50-50 most Friday's if you will make the kick off in time

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I would suggest Hull FC will bring a huge following if we play them in our first play off game
    I might have it wrong, but if Warrington and Wigan finish 2nd and 3rd or vice versa, don't we play the winner of that game which is held on the first week, and don't all gate proceeds go to the Rugby League for the "play offs share out"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    The cas away following as held up well in what has been a dissaponting season I know it's no reason not to go support your team but most people were expecting a hammering on Friday
    The other factor is the M62 which on most Friday night's turns into a car park unless your able to set off early it's 50-50 most Friday's if you will make the kick off in time
    It's funny how we manage to take a 1000+ going the opposite way.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Just going to say the same thing, we must have a fairly significant effect on the other clubs average especially on the 2 games away loop fixtures.

Got A Season Ticket

I couldn't go Friday so I don't know how many went from cas usually I think we bring around 1,000 tho

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I couldn't go Friday so I don't know how many went from cas usually I think we bring around 1,000 tho
    It was fairly easy to estimate the away crowd as they were sparsely spread across the 2 middle sections, reckon less than 200 fans.

Got A Season Ticket

That's terrible id seen people saying poor support from cas I didn't realize it was that bad tho

Got A Season Ticket

That was the norm for Cas a few years ago, they only started taking thousands away when they were winning in 2017 and it’s dropped off again.

Got A Season Ticket

There's usually a hard-core of 500 -600 go to away matches come what may
    I know a lot of people have stopped going to watch the team this season because the style of play as been awful to watch one man rugby down the middle and hoping to score from a kick or a barge over on the last tackle
    Still 200 is a shocker I was surprised when I saw that

The M62 is a factor and it was worse by changing to an even earlier kick off time to 7.45. It can be a real race against time if you can't arrange an early work finish and one hold up on the motorway and your not making the kick off.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Completely agree with the Friday night games with the M62 factor. Thursday games don't help either when young kids have got school the next day.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

That's cos when we go away we're going to watch our team Win.
    When they're coming to us they're coming to see their team lose ;-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    That's cos when we go away we're going to watch our team Win.
    When they're coming to us they're coming to see their team lose ;-)
    very true. Although I've been to the dark side more times than I care to remember and seen us lose.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    We did get fortunate with Wigan first game up and then Wire being seen as a crunch game at the time. Away support has been pretty dreadful this season, Cas last night in a must win game brought awful numbers for them. All in all 11.500 for Saints is as good as it gets really. I do remember at Knowsley Road with great teams we thought a ten thousand average was more than satisfactory with minimal corporate expenditure and little fan spend whilst inside.

Langtree Park is solid corporate and very busy at the stadium bars. Only downside the Red Vee Bar its not inviting at all.
    What do you expect Cyprus when there are only around 20 seats in the place . Many of our supporters are elderly and some certainly need somewhere to sit and enjoy a beer after a game including yours truly.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    What do you expect Cyprus when there are only around 20 seats in the place . Many of our supporters are elderly and some certainly need somewhere to sit and enjoy a beer after a game including yours truly.
    We always go in there for a beer before the game when you play Wigan. The seating and service is poor but it's a good meeting place for us.

Attendances, currently 11,890 v 11,093 last season.
    As a comparison Wigans are 11,823 v 11,525 last season. The travelling support in general is down on last season, as others have pointed out the Friday M62 factor, earliers kick off times and the dreaded Thursday kick offs are a factor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    We always go in there for a beer before the game when you play Wigan. The seating and service is poor but it's a good meeting place for us.

Attendances, currently 11,890 v 11,093 last season.
    As a comparison Wigans are 11,823 v 11,525 last season. The travelling support in general is down on last season, as others have pointed out the Friday M62 factor, earliers kick off times and the dreaded Thursday kick offs are a factor.
    No one cares about ***** you complete dickhead.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    The sad thing is though Roy when we played at Widnes for a season they had a great "social" type bar on the ground floor which got well used and had adequate seating. I was led to believe that we would have a similar sort of set up named the red vee bar. It is only a small moan in the bigger scheme of things but is a potential income stream not fully utilised.

Angry Dave. See you've got your "relatively" nice head on with this post. But try and be more friendly with the non saints fans.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

No one cares about ***** you complete dickhead.
    He does my head in Dave he has to jump on every post , just wondering has anyone ever met him is his name really Brian? , there's just something about his posts about his undoubtable knowledge about the junior players that makes me feel he is someone else nothing sinister by the way just the opposite , just someone I sometimes have a convo with and is connected to the Wigan club , thier comments , views are exactly the same arent they "JJ" or Brian ??.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would