Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grub Stuff - warning for Good Friday.

Starting A Programme Collection

Well who ever watches the matches to take notes he needs to go to spec savers straight away...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Jake Shorrocks will be 7 I would guess.

It was also Joe Shorrocks not Paisley that did the cannonball on Fifita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forgot about Shorrocks mate. And I only said Paisley after reading your twitter conversation haha
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    I suggest you have far too much time on your hands if you are spending time reading the nonsense on that forum and the latest news from the drug shack ��
    I’ve got an idea!

Why not make yourself a member on a rival teams forum, and spout nonsense and garbage only to disappear when you get smashed to bits by that team........

Anybody???
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Edwards been confirmed as staying at Wales RU on the rugby AM Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Trent Barrett incoming?

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wales-16126654

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Got A Season Ticket

The really worrying thing about that cannonball tackle on Fifita is - the referee watches it and does nothing until he stays down hurt - that is gross neglect

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    The really worrying thing about that cannonball tackle on Fifita is - the referee watches it and does nothing until he stays down hurt - that is gross neglect

Thought a cannonball was to the side, if you go behind the legs so they fold on a natural way it's isn't an automatic penalty

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Thought a cannonball was to the side, if you go behind the legs so they fold on a natural way it's isn't an automatic penalty
    I thought it was any tackle that was made below or on the joints when a player was held up by other tacklers

I thought it was any tackle that was made below or on the joints when a player was held up by other tacklers
    Yes, that’s my understanding too. Any excessive contact at or below the knee of a standing player is unlawful, I think.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    That's my understanding, and MAYBE why there''s nothing in the Shorrocks tackle. I can't comment on the other one, Powell? I wasn't at the game as I was attending a friends funeral (Raddish) as he was better known to Billingers.
    I've just got back from a christening and the full game wasn't available on Wigan t.v. yesterday.

Anyway just leave it to the disciplinary, a bit like Upside I trust them to do their job without bias.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    That's my understanding, and MAYBE why there''s nothing in the Shorrocks tackle. I can't comment on the other one, Powell? I wasn't at the game as I was attending a friends funeral (Raddish) as he was better known to Billingers.
    I've just got back from a christening and the full game wasn't available on Wigan t.v. yesterday.

Anyway just leave it to the disciplinary, a bit like Upside I trust them to do their job without bias.
    No matter what the interpretation of a cannonball tackle is (and I am struggling to find a definition on the RL website) the intent of the tackler has to come into question, a normal approach would have been to drop down onto the legs from his original position in the tackle - instead he takes two steps back and dives at the joints - no matter which team you support that is a scumbag thing to do and only intended to cause damage.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Have not seen anything from the RFL. What you say is correct for the NRL.

Upside
    Non Members

No matter what the interpretation of a cannonball tackle is (and I am struggling to find a definition on the RL website) the intent of the tackler has to come into question, a normal approach would have been to drop down onto the legs from his original position in the tackle - instead he takes two steps back and dives at the joints - no matter which team you support that is a scumbag thing to do and only intended to cause damage.
    I could be wrong, happy to be corrected. For me we have to outlaw dangerous tackles, what they decide is dangerous I'm not sure.
    I would prefer a defender around the top to slip down and take the legs, but the first two defenders go up top and the third below to topple a player on the shout of held, therefore slowing down the whole process
    I prefer a proper tackle to the floor, this should be rewarded with allowing holding down a few seconds, holding up should be discouraged by shouting held earlier, or by stopping them being markers? Just some random ideas to improve the situation and remove the 'chop'

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Jammer did a cannonball tackle on Bailey, no knee joints from him all legitimate stuff.

Shorrocks on Fifita - Grade A 0 matches.