Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Leon Pryce Rugby AM

Learning All The Songs

Default Leon Pryce Rugby AM

Anyone watched this weeks (Leeds) Rugby Am show with Leon on the show.

He breaks down in tears talking about BLM when Simmo tells him Jermaine McGilvery at Hudd said it was a disgrace Leon has not been recruited in superleague as a coach or manager.

Watch it he get right upset talking about it very sad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Not sure it is sad. He was still a player 2 years ago. since then he has coached Workington with no notable success. Hardly the experience for a head coach in SL.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not sure it is sad. He was still a player 2 years ago. since then he has coached Workington with no notable success. Hardly the experience for a head coach in SL.
    I meant sad he was so upset i don't think for a minute a club won't take him on because he's black?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I meant sad he was so upset i don't think for a minute a club won't take him on because he's black?
    My misunderstanding. I thought after what you said about McGillvary"s comments and the mention of BLM that it was racism keeping him out of a job.

On a more general note that programme has improved out of sight.

When it first launched I think they were trying to replicate the Soccer AM format - but it was cringeworthy and very poorly done.

Its gradually developed into a fairly decent program with a much more serious magazine show style and with decent guests. I quite like JJB he always comes across as a genuine likeable bloke. The documentary style features he has done with the England touring parties I thought were excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    On a more general note that programme has improved out of sight.

When it first launched I think they were trying to replicate the Soccer AM format - but it was cringeworthy and very poorly done.

Its gradually developed into a fairly decent program with a much more serious magazine show style and with decent guests. I quite like JJB he always comes across as a genuine likeable bloke. The documentary style features he has done with the England touring parties I thought were excellent.
    I once read quite a long article about JJB. The amount of work he does in the community and with kids is incredible. As a person he really went up in my estimation.