Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints further strengthen balance sheet

Learning All The Songs

We’ve just moved all the director’s loan into shares, and the club is debt free. We own a £22 million asset.

BUT we have to maintain that asset and employ people to run the asset.

FAR better to rent a stadium decked out in another clubs colours and let the stadium company get all the revenue from non match related business.

Yes that’s far better why would any business want to be lumbered with a modern facility that can generate income, when they can pay rent to be told only to play when it is convenient for their landlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It appears that it is very good news for, BUT you'll have to wait until the accounts are published to see the full effect. Last year I got slated on here for saying the McManus had said that Saints were due to make a profit in 2018, I think my remark was "I think we've heard that before"
    http://forums.redvee.net/showthread....profit-in-2018

The last published accounts showed (for 2017) showed that Saints still owed £20 million, so to write half of that off is good news.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...4b7502d4ff39ae

As for attendances, the whole game is in a mess at the moment. I had a good discussion with an agent and a superleague junior coach last Saturday at Anfield, and they are "concerned" about how the game is moving.
    You are much better when you are not on the wind up.

Did they say in terms of attendances only or other things as well? If you aren't allowed to say anything more than fair enough

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It appears that it is very good news for, BUT you'll have to wait until the accounts are published to see the full effect. Last year I got slated on here for saying the McManus had said that Saints were due to make a profit in 2018, I think my remark was "I think we've heard that before"
    http://forums.redvee.net/showthread....profit-in-2018

The last published accounts showed (for 2017) showed that Saints still owed £20 million, so to write half of that off is good news.

As for attendances, the whole game is in a mess at the moment. I had a good discussion with an agent and a superleague junior coach last Saturday at Anfield, and they are "concerned" about how the game is moving.
    I haven't seen the Balance sheet, but the article says we are now debt free, rather than owing approx 10m. I'm just happy Dave Whelan doesn't have ties to St Helens.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I haven't seen the Balance sheet, but the article says we are now debt free, rather than owing approx 10m. I'm just happy Dave Whelan doesn't have ties to St Helens.
    I think we all should be grateful to the Chairman who is managing the club to success on and off the field. I can guarantee to all fans that he is one of us.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    However, it also needs bums on seats and yesterday's attendance was poor. Hands up the people on here who did not go, just because it was on television. The players can't hear you in your living room or the pub, they can only hear you on the terraces.
    CC Games make little difference to the clubs finances when it comes to bums on seats. The RFL sets ticket prices and they also take the lions share of the profit from ticket sales. The only area the club loses out at cup games is on extras from food & drink. Its more important from a financial point of view that we get get good crowds at league games as the club keeps 100% of the ticket sales.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    You are much better when you are not on the wind up.

Did they say in terms of attendances only or other things as well? If you aren't allowed to say anything more than fair enough
    Attendances was one, but a lot of it was around the quantity and more importantly quality of young players coming through, and the approaches being made to the better ones from Australian clubs at such a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    CC Games make little difference to the clubs finances when it comes to bums on seats. The RFL sets ticket prices and they also take the lions share of the profit from ticket sales. The only area the club loses out at cup games is on extras from food & drink. Its more important from a financial point of view that we get get good crowds at league games as the club keeps 100% of the ticket sales.
    Do the RFL set the ticket prices? Huddersfield were charging a tenner for our game in the last round and the credit was going to Huddersfield rather than the RFL.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Just seen Wigan lost 1.4 million last year. Seeing as how RG loves to comment on our accounts, lets see him come on and announce that as a positive

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Just seen Wigan lost 1.4 million last year. Seeing as how RG loves to comment on our accounts, lets see him come on and announce that as a positive

No wonder Shaun Edwards said No.

Starting A Programme Collection

The most important advice from the auditor is their opinion that it in the current situation it doubts that the club's current position is sustainable, perhaps the near 3 hundred thousand pound per year rent might have something to do with it, together with the loss of off field profits that having their own stadium would bring. The club already owes several millions to Mr Lenegan, I cannot see him putting even more money in

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

I'll do it for him, it's not £1.5M! That's about the only was to spin it.

What makes it worse, is that's for the season that they won the GF. If the current champions are posting negative accounts it doesn't look good for the sport as a whole. Although Wigan's season of negative press has just been silly, point deduction, coach hand shakes, failed drugs tests, drink driving....they have been the gift that keeps on giving.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    No, I’m sure someone like Rogues would be quick to point out that the Pie Eaters have a 99 year lease (or something long, anyway) BUT we could potentially buy DW plus the stadium and become their landlords...

Either way, they'd still be rent boys!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I don’t think even Rogues can spin this negatively. The loans that the club had have been ‘paid off’ as shares in the club. The club is debt free.

Of course any profit from now on could be paid to shareholders but as long as the business is sustainable this will not be an issue, in fact if it happens regularly and the club remains profitable, it will make the club an attractive investment.
    I couldn’t give a toss what Rogues thinks any road.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

It wouldn't shock me if Wigan end up sharing the Leigh Sporting Village and the Wigan Council gifts it to the two clubs. Robin Park would cost a fortune to convert into even a twelve thousand capacity stadium. Your lease is only as strong as your ability to pay your rent. Seriously they could even end up at The Reebok. I am not laughing at Wigan as a club as I think they and the majority of fans are a bit like ourselves really.

Banned

£294k paid in rent. Wowzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    It wouldn't shock me if Wigan end up sharing the Leigh Sporting Village and the Wigan Council gifts it to the two clubs. Robin Park would cost a fortune to convert into even a twelve thousand capacity stadium. Your lease is only as strong as your ability to pay your rent. Seriously they could even end up at The Reebok. I am not laughing at Wigan as a club as I think they and the majority of fans are a bit like ourselves really.
    They've got a better class of fans than that lot from Warrington that's for sure.

But they are losing money hand over fist & it isn't good.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

It's a dreadful sign for the sport in general, though as someone pointed out, they could wipe out that loss by not having to pay rent and using their stadium for functions, reserves football etc. They also lose revenue in food and drink. If they owned their own stadium, they'd probably be in profit. Just shows that renting a stadium is not the way to go.

Banned

How right you are Ralph. Widnes Leigh Wigan I have been to so many games over 45 years between these clubs and seen minimal trouble. Warrington at Wilderspool with crowds of 4000 it was always coach windows going through or idiots really looking for a ruck and not being up to that either, just a scummy following.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Homelessness is a serious issue and certainly no laughing matter.

Except in this case

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    They've got a better class of fans than that lot from Warrington that's for sure.

But they are losing money hand over fist & it isn't good.
    Yep like your chairman, oozing with the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Yep your chairman is oozing with the stuff.
    Who mentioned chairmen?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Yep like your chairman, oozing with the stuff.
    Like I said a large cohort of scum who have followed your club since the seventies. In all honesty your keyboard skills and desperation to troll reflect a person of a pretty poor standing in life and for that alone I do have sympathy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    One thing ive never really known, but who owns the tws? Is it the council or rugby club itself.?
    According to Wiki, yes it's owned by the club.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I'm all for beating Wigan on the field, but I would not want to see any club go to the wall.

The pie dome has been a great short term measure. But renting is dead money.

If Wigan cant fund a professional team it does not leave much chance for most of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Cheers belgian,,, will you be attending the gf if saints get there?
    I will be in Asia.