Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad - Grand Final

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 21 man squad - Grand Final

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/11/2...n-squad-named/

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Jonny Lomax, 7. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 11. Zeb Taia, 12, Dom Peyroux, 13. LMS, 14. Morgan Knowles, 15. Matty Lees, 16. Kyle Amor, 19, Aaron Smith, 20. James Bentley, 22. Jack Welsby, 23. Joe Batchelor, 26, Josh Simm, 27, Lewis Dodd, 32. James Graham.

Same 21 as last week.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I would be amazed if there are any changes to the 17 from last week. There were one or two calls for Aaron Smith after Friday’s game but I think with doubts over Walmsley’s fitness and the likelihood of it being a tough battle through the middle, having 4 forwards on the bench makes sense. I would’ve picked Simm for the Catalans game but Welsby did more than enough to warrant being picked again and fully deserves his spot.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Welsby
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Graham
    Bentley
    Taia
    knowles

LMS
    Amor
    Lees
    Peyroux
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Same as, keep a winning team.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I would be amazed if there are any changes to the 17 from last week. There were one or two calls for Aaron Smith after Friday’s game but I think with doubts over Walmsley’s fitness and the likelihood of it being a tough battle through the middle, having 4 forwards on the bench makes sense. I would’ve picked Simm for the Catalans game but Welsby did more than enough to warrant being picked again and fully deserves his spot.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Welsby
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Graham
    Bentley
    Taia
    knowles

LMS
    Amor
    Lees
    Peyroux

Agree 100%. Same with the Simm / Welsby situation. I said after last weeks game he has to have earned his GF jersey.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

We’d have been struggling without 4 forwards on the bench last week so can’t see us going with anything different this time out. Think Welsby keeps his place as well after pocketing Folau last week.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Same 17 for me..

Only discussion point would be Smith or Dom on the bench, and Dom edges it

Starting A Programme Collection

More of the same this week please lads, get that defence right, make sure we kick well on the last play and make sure regan and tommy get plenty of the ball

I see flower is out injured so looks like mouth all mighty greenwood will come in , lets hope he's not so cocky post game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Welsby
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Graham
    Bentley
    Taia
    knowles

LMS
    Amor
    Lees
    Peyroux
    I hope it is the same 17. Despite the earlier criticism Welsby did well last week, hope he keeps it up now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Every player last week deserved to get the shirt for Friday, not one single player had a below par game. Need a good game from Jammer though to tip the scales our way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Every player last week deserved to get the shirt for Friday, not one single player had a below par game. Need a good game from Jammer though to tip the scales our way.
    I agree with this. Bit tough on Aaron Smith but until we add another big prop we need size on the bench.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I hope its the same 17. I can see the argument for Smith on the bench but given that its a final (and Knowles can always move to 9 if needed) i think we can get 80 minutes out of Roby.

BIG IF i was going to put a wild card on the bench i would be tempted to give Dodd the 17th jersey if nothing more than to get inside Lams head. No better way to cement his future as a top player than to throw him in a GF. Plus he would be a big foil for other players. When we played Salford a few months back you could see that Watson put a big emphasis on keeping Dodd quiet. The Salford team really had to be on their toes to nulify him.
    It won’t happen, but if im coaching and im confident the team can afford to carry a bench player, i would throw Dodd a shirt.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Still got a nagging doubt regarding big Al. Woolfe was very quick to say his injury was nothing without knowing really. Just wondering if he is playing mind games, I desperately hope not.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Walmsley looked comfortable walking off at the end. He was smiling so he’s probably fine. Knees are dodgy. The physio would never have let him play on in the game if he wasn’t fine pal.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Default 21 man squad - Grand Final

Walmsley definitely won’t be 100% fit. He’ll end up needing an operation after this game that’s for sure. However bearing in mind it’s the last game of the season and a very long off season, he’ll be strapped up, jabbed up and asked to play through the pain barrier.

Your leg doesn’t just lock 3 times like his did. Hopefully we can get 40 mins out of him and it will be enough.

Also I may be reading too much into this but the official account tweeted today that Walmsley “could’ make his 200th appearance. I wondered why they never said “will”

It’s not like he won’t be selected if fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Smith for Peyroux.

I posted something very similar to this after the game. We normally have one that makes a couple of mistakes and one or two below par, but not last week. I hope Theo keeps getting the same height on his kicks so we can be up on French as he catches it.

Got A Season Ticket

I would bench Walmsley and bring him on after 20 mins or so, it will give the pies something to think about. They bring Clubb on we bring big Alex on.

In The South Stand

I wouldnt be surprised if Wigan targeted Roby so it might make a difference if Smith was on and why move probably the best Loose Forward in the league out of his position .

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    I would bench Walmsley and bring him on after 20 mins or so, it will give the pies something to think about. They bring Clubb on we bring big Alex on.
    So we strengthen our team and they weaken theirs??

Learning All The Songs

I am so nervous about this one. I have to be honest there is not a game I have wanted us to win more in a long time. If we can do it we will put a rising wigan team back in their box. If they win, and along with the good signings they made for next season, they could really kick on and be a force. If I have butterflys now, goodness knows how I will feel at kickoff.

Hopefully the ref will not be a factor for the side that wins. I all of our players are not angels but I am really proud of the fact that overall our discipline is good and we play hard but fair. That being said Friday is not the time for shrinking violets. We can not be bullied. We need to Match them for aggression. Also if our half backs and kickers are taken out late we need to make a big deal out of it. I am not saying throw punches etc but our big guys got to make the point that they will not tolerate our wee guys getting taken late.

Come on saints. I know we can do this!!

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Wigan targeted Roby so it might make a difference if Smith was on and why move probably the best Loose Forward in the league out of his position .
    I was expecting the likes of Partington to be second or third man in then trying to lift Big Al's leg.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I was expecting the likes of Partington to be second or third man in then trying to lift Big Al's leg.
    oh to have a nickle vila matauita scully in our team on friday forwards need to get bad a lot on Bentley's and knowles shoulders for me our most aggressive players for me

Learning All The Songs

Its going to be a tough game as Wigan are running hot. Walmsley could be a problem. I have no doubt Roby can do 80 minutes so same as last week unless Big Al does not show. Then it is a question of the player who will come in. I expect Wigan to restrict the PTB area and given that offside seems to have gone out of the window recently space will be tight.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Its going to be a tough game as Wigan are running hot. Walmsley could be a problem. I have no doubt Roby can do 80 minutes so same as last week unless Big Al does not show. Then it is a question of the player who will come in. I expect Wigan to restrict the PTB area and given that offside seems to have gone out of the window recently space will be tight.
    If its a slow PTB and a skinny 10 metres then the game will be 5 drives and a kick from both sides, with the best team coming from the one who does more completions and less errors as per our last meeting.

This is what the goons will want to manage the game, for Saints I would play something similar to our Catalan game by throwing the ball out wide and deep on the 3rd tackle onwards. If we persist with a flat attack then Lomax, Fages and Coote with have very little space and most of our opportunities will just come from Walmsley.,

As mentioned above Bentley and Knowles is the key to our defence in that first quarter, they went in hard and dominated, so we want the same plan from these two to save our front row using up too much energy early doors.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

If its a slow PTB and a skinny 10 metres then the game will be 5 drives and a kick from both sides, with the best team coming from the one who does more completions and less errors as per our last meeting.

This is what the goons will want to manage the game, for Saints I would play something similar to our Catalan game by throwing the ball out wide and deep on the 3rd tackle onwards. If we persist with a flat attack then Lomax, Fages and Coote with have very little space and most of our opportunities will just come from Walmsley.,

As mentioned above Bentley and Knowles is the key to our defence in that first quarter, they went in hard and dominated, so we want the same plan from these two to save our front row using up too much energy early doors.
    I don't think you'll get the same joy going wide against Leuluai and Hastings that you did against Maloney and Drinkwater, but I can see you causing us trouble kicking just behind Bibby.