Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The night before Wembley...

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Default The night before Wembley...

If you're in town on the Friday and looking for something to do... http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/

It's probably Skolars biggest gate each year so come along and give RL in the capital a boost!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    If you're in town on the Friday and looking for something to do... http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/

It's probably Skolars biggest gate each year so come along and give RL in the capital a boost!
    This is my first wembley final. Is there any events or meeting points for our fans on day of game?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    This is my first wembley final. Is there any events or meeting points for our fans on day of game?

The Challenge Cup Final.
    Wembley Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post

I'm not aware of anything in central London. You will see fans about, but they tend to be quite dispersed.
    Unfortunately, the area around the stadium isn't blessed with too many pubs etc, but typically, some of the more 'sociable' coach tours will stop somewhere close. Keep an eye out on here for further details.
    As it's your first trip, head for Wembley Park station (Metropolitan tube rather than Jubilee) and walk up Wembley Way to the stadium. Angry Dave has a point. Most fans will converge there, so it's probably as good a place as any to hang around before KO.
    Wembley Stadium station is best for a quick getaway back to London (Marylebone).

I prefer to have a drink away from the throng as nothing worse than battling in a ten deep bar queue!
    I usually go the same pub just outside one of the jubilee line tube stations.

Usually a few of the southern based Saints fans in to chat with!

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I prefer to have a drink away from the throng as nothing worse than battling in a ten deep bar queue!
    I usually go the same pub just outside one of the jubilee line tube stations.

Usually a few of the southern based Saints fans in to chat with!

What's it called?

Starting A Programme Collection

I was going to suggest the Torch but on its website it says it’s closed for refurbishment 19th August to 5th September.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    What's it called?
    Thanks, sent reply but won't send?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Will there be a FANZONE outside Wembley?
    Sigh. All that's wrong with modern RL right there. And football for that matter.

Green Man at half 11 ish, then Club Wembley job for us.

Wonder if I'll get Jager Marias again?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

What are Jager Maria's? They sound dangerous.

Green Man is the one I was thinking of where some of the coaches go. I just couldn't remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    What are Jager Maria's? They sound dangerous.
    Jager & Tia Maria. The Tia Maria kind of sat on top of the Jager. It was the 2013 world cup semi before the new Zealand game at about half 11 in the morning. I was obliterated

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Green Man is the one I was thinking of where some of the coaches go. I just couldn't remember the name.
    That's the one KB

Banned

Jager & Tia Maria. The Tia Maria kind of sat on top of the Jager. It was the 2013 world cup semi before the new Zealand game at about half 11 in the morning. I was obliterated
    I'll pass on that, don't mind a straight Jager now and again but that sounds horrible.

Just noticed that Skolars are offering a free beer to any of the Finalists with a season ticket...http://www.skolarsrl.com/major-event...-night-lights/

They might be able to stretch that to a free Jager/Maria/Babycham/Bol***ks, but I doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Thanks, sent reply but won't send?
    Sorry think inbox was probably full.

Ralph,, which pub or pubs do you recommend for saints fans around old trafford should we get to the Grand Final?
    I never go in any around OT mate. We usually stay in the city centre & go straight in. I only ever went in Platts for 1 or 2 cans when I was going Utd regular. That's gone now. Quadrant used to be alright near the cricket ground but it's 11 years since I went in there

I'll pass on that, don't mind a straight Jager now and again but that sounds horrible.
    It was terrible mate

I was thinking that myself, the pubs around the stadium are always rammed full, at the 2014 final we had a few in town then straight to OT
    I don't know what it's like now but I've used The Gorse Hill on Chester Road in the past (recommended by an old Man U mate of mine).
    It wasn't one for great beers IIRC, but it's a little further out from the stadium and seemed to be able to cope with the numbers.

I was thinking that myself, the pubs around the stadium are always rammed full, at the 2014 final we had a few in town then straight to OT, plus any idea of the beer prices inside old trafford now?
    Wouldn't know mate. Refused to give the Glaziers anything after my substantial ticket fees. It's that Singha beer anyway. Wouldn't drink it free.

Old Trafford is a tired ground now. Clearly, Not a lot has gone on upkeep & it looks tatty. I'd happily have the Grand Final moved. Actually, no, binned off altogether with another cup competition in.

Final would be in Angry Dave's back garden. Yellow Giraffe & Tez the Saint on Commentary, Fishy making banners (He did a really good one on here once), Col 81 at scrum half (he is the master of halfback play), & SaintH in fancy dress as Danny Richardson.

Thread derailed. Feel free to add & apologies for missing any posters out. I love you all. Bar you Col. Although I bow to your superiority.

Banned

Wouldn't know mate. Refused to give the Glaziers anything after my substantial ticket fees. It's that Singha beer anyway. Wouldn't drink it free.

Old Trafford is a tired ground now. Clearly, Not a lot has gone on upkeep & it looks tatty. I'd happily have the Grand Final moved. Actually, no, binned off altogether with another cup competition in.

Final would be in Angry Dave's back garden. Yellow Giraffe & Tez the Saint on Commentary, Fishy making banners (He did a really good one on here once), Col 81 at scrum half (he is the master of halfback play), & SaintH in fancy dress as Danny Richardson.

Thread derailed. Feel free to add & apologies for missing any posters out. I love you all. Bar you Col. Although I bow to your superiority.
    but surely it would be better in the grounds of Col81's mansion as he's a £50k a year Wolf of Wall St who can't remember what luxury German cars he's selling this week. Tabasco would be outside with one of those "Alcohol is evil" banners you used to see years back. I will take charge of the bars which will be heavily staffed by buxom young wenches wearing hooters type uniforms and will have completed a 4 week training program in not being useless at great personal sacrifice to myself.

but surely it would be better in the grounds of Col81's mansion as he's a £50k a year Wolf of Wall St who can't remember what luxury German cars he's selling this week. Tabasco would be outside with one of those "Alcohol is evil" banners you used to see years back. I will take charge of the bars which will be heavily staffed by buxom young wenches wearing hooters type uniforms and will have completed a 4 week training program in not being useless at great personal sacrifice to myself.
    I feel that This is gathering momentum ha ha ha

Banned

I feel that This is gathering momentum ha ha ha
    I agree with you too regarding the GF. I read an interesting article yesterday were Zlatan Ibrahimovic was slating the play-off system in the MLS. It's a convoluted, drawn out money spinner that rewards mediocrity. Most fans see through the play offs and that's reflected in attendances. Ok, the GF is a day out and an excuse for a •••• up but it's bollocks when the LEAGUE CHAMPIONS could come from from 2 teams finishing say 3rd and 4th. I've said before, all teams from the top 3 divisions should enter the cup in the 1st round and give the smaller clubs the chance of a big pay day/possible giant killing and play the final in May. Then the league season would run for longer.

You couldn’t be more wrong. I have no problem with alcohol, it’s the fools that can’t handle it that I despise.