Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It wouldn't be Saints if...

Banned

Default It wouldn't be Saints if...

..everything ran smooth.

Just when, after a decade of struggle and false starts, we get back to the top of the pile, something just had to come along and throw a spanner in.

We'd better win the treble this season now because christ knows what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    ..everything ran smooth.

Just when, after a decade of struggle and false starts, we get back to the top of the pile, something just had to come along and throw a spanner in.

We'd better win the treble this season now because christ knows what's coming.
    True - but if we’re looking for a positive precedent then look no further than our near neighbours. Their loss of Wane was arguably more of a shock than us losing Holbrook but they still went on to win the GF. Nathan Brown left us and it was only announced a week before the GF and we went on to win that. Whoever comes in for Holbrook will inherit the best squad in SL coupled with a fantastic set of up and coming youngsters so while I am sad and disappointed that he’s going there’s no need to predict imminent implosion. All other clubs are in our shadow at the moment.

Learning All The Songs

Just hope he can go home having won all 3 trophies . The improvement in the team from KC to Holbrook was immense. Lets hope the next incumbent doesn't send us back a few years

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Just hope he can go home having won all 3 trophies . The improvement in the team from KC to Holbrook was immense. Lets hope the next incumbent doesn't send us back a few years
    What is Mick Potter doing these days?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    True - but if we’re looking for a positive precedent then look no further than our near neighbours. Their loss of Wane was arguably more of a shock than us losing Holbrook but they still went on to win the GF. Nathan Brown left us and it was only announced a week before the GF and we went on to win that. Whoever comes in for Holbrook will inherit the best squad in SL coupled with a fantastic set of up and coming youngsters so while I am sad and disappointed that he’s going there’s no need to predict imminent implosion. All other clubs are in our shadow at the moment.
    All other clubs are in your shadow? 2018 SL Champions = Wigan, 2018 Women's SL Champions = Wigan, 2018 Academy Champions = Wigan (again).

Before you mention this season, we’ve both won the same amount of trophies so far so you can’t compare ifs and buts.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WIGANER5 View Post
    All other clubs are in your shadow? 2018 SL Champions = Wigan, 2018 Women's SL Champions = Wigan, 2018 Academy Champions = Wigan (again).

Before you mention this season, we’ve both won the same amount of trophies so far so you can’t compare ifs and buts.
    Are you honestly trying to say Wigan are the better team?
    Saints have beaten you 3 out 3 times this year and their fans have had much more enjoyment out of watching them play in the process.

If you want to talk about last year Saints beat Wigan twice, Wigan beat Saints once. So the last 6 fixtures Saints win 5 Wigan win 1.

Wigan might have won the ‘title’ at the end of last year but they are not the better team. Saints have been a different class this year and should again win the league leaders for the best performing, most consistent team. No one is comparing ifs and buts, just facts. Wigan can claim all this ‘we’ll come good at the end of the year’ we’re 23 games in and Saints have loved it all year. Wigan fans have been in hiding, players getting banned for drugs, drink driving and all sorts going on behind the scenes in the process. Great time to be a Saints fan.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    This could be a concern and is there a "seed of doubt" of the distinct possibility of Holbrook turning his head permanently now towards OZ effecting his judgement and team morale for the rest of the season. It will be interesting now in the rest of the league games and the cup final how we play and perform, if we achieve 2 finals and lose them both how much blame would be sent Holbrook's way. Will the players react with respect and positively play out of their skins to give a good send off with a trophy haul in what he deserves.

Banned

I don't know what's less of a shock, Holbrook leaving or another of those clowns from over the hill coming on here to gloat. It must be nearly as much of a moral victory as losing a grand final.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I don't know what's less of a shock, Holbrook leaving or another of those clowns from over the hill coming on here to gloat. It must be nearly as much of a moral victory as losing a grand final.
    To be fair, the rest of Super League are breathing a sigh of relief at this news.

You’re only as good as your last game. Who did Wigan play last weekend? Nobody? Why was that? Jog on and take your old newspaper with you.

Banned

They’re ••••ing deluded. We only beat them in April because their winger was stretchered off.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Definitely JH leaving. They were always going to appear once they thought something wasn't going right for us.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    What is Mick Potter doing these days?
    Trying to teach the Wigan players French prior to the move to their mother team Catalan Dragons. I know trying to teach people who can't speak English to speak French is a mammoth task but he has to be successful at sometime.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Definitely JH leaving. They were always going to appear once they thought something wasn't going right for us.

Exactly. Like sh#t on your shoe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    To be fair, the rest of Super League are breathing a sigh of relief at this news.
    I'm sure, and you have to take it as a compliment but those tramps really •••• me off. The only time they've made the headlines all season is for the wrong reasons and suddenly think they're the dogs bollocks because they've won a couple and our coach is going home, well done, you're still 16 point behind us. At no point during the drama with Edwards or any of the other nonsense did I think to register on their board, mainly because I don't particularly want to converse with a load of sister bothers.

I hope we get them in the playoffs and hand them their arses. Very ordinary team, not particularly well coached and supported by utter ••••ing morons that think they're some global voice on everything RL.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'm sure, and you have to take it as a compliment but those tramps really •••• me off. The only time they've made the headlines all season is for the wrong reasons and suddenly think they're the dogs bollocks because they've won a couple and our coach is going home, well done, you're still 16 point behind us. At no point during the drama with Edwards or any of the other nonsense did I think to register on their board, mainly because I don't particularly want to converse with a load of sister bothers.

I hope we get them in the playoffs and hand them their arses. Very ordinary team, not particularly well coached and supported by utter ••••ing morons that think they're some global voice on everything RL.
    Pretty fair summing up of their season that!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

to be fair to the half breeds they win stuff so need to be put in their place at the business end not in April.
    Learned comment from The Don

You missed out drink/drug driving conviction champions 2018.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    You missed out drink/drug driving conviction champions 2018.
    Well clear of the pack to defend it in 2019, too.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Thick As Mince

I don't want to gloat about Holbrook. I want him at Saints. A strong Saints side is not only good for the league but good for the rivalry but comments like 'benchmark' are quite ballsy. Yes you have been the better side of that there can be no doubt but..... Does anyone really remember how far ahead Castleford were of everyone else a couple of years ago? I don't think anyone really does. Your history says you can cope with pressure but recent years say you have turned into dare i say it... Warrington. Be a very interesting CC final though it will be a fascinating watch. Angry Dave there were plenty on our boards last year but all went back into their boxes after the play off's. Bit like our Duckie friend who shouts from the rooftops then hides in the corner. Gloating is only allowed when the trophies arrive. I still think you will do it but writing other teams off because you are the best team (so far) is a folly position to take. You should know this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    I don't want to gloat about Holbrook. I want him at Saints. A strong Saints side is not only good for the league but good for the rivalry but comments like 'benchmark' are quite ballsy. Yes you have been the better side of that there can be no doubt but..... Does anyone really remember how far ahead Castleford were of everyone else a couple of years ago? I don't think anyone really does. Your history says you can cope with pressure but recent years say you have turned into dare i say it... Warrington. Be a very interesting CC final though it will be a fascinating watch. Angry Dave there were plenty on our boards last year but all went back into their boxes after the play off's. Bit like our Duckie friend who shouts from the rooftops then hides in the corner. Gloating is only allowed when the trophies arrive. I still think you will do it but writing other teams off because you are the best team (so far) is a folly position to take. You should know this.
    I wasn't writing you off, because like the gang of ugly women in a bar, you seem to around at the end of the night. I said I hope we give you a good hiding in the playoff's and put you back in your box.

Thick As Mince

I wasn't writing you off, because like the gang of ugly women in a bar, you seem to around at the end of the night. I said I hope we give you a good hiding in the playoff's and put you back in your box.

Is that the reason you are angry? Because you have to wait until the end of the night to get your pick of these women? Not something i have ever witnessed to be honest.

Banned

Is that the reason you are angry? Because you have to wait until the end of the night to get your pick of these women? Not something i have ever witnessed to be honest.
    One or twice aye, any bloke who says otherwise is either lying or a virgin. Saying that, I'm guessing there's not many women of any description in the places you go.

All been there mate