Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Fair enough, pal
    And fishy gets 20 bites with that sprat to catch a mackerel

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

As he still has close ties with our club would like to see Mal Meninga as a future coach, Holbrook will be hot property in a couple of years if we win trophies this and next season. My gut instinct with Holbrook is that he has a 2 year extension but with a get out clause in his favour., the latter bit causing the delay in the announcement.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    In the League Express McManus says it’ll be done and dusted in the next week or two. He also states that Luke Thompson has assured Saints he wants to play out his contract, which suggests to me he’ll definitely be off for 2021.
    If McManus has stated it will be done, then you would tend to believe that. I would like to see us extend Thompson, if the Aussies do want him I don't think paying a transfer fee would put them off.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    As he still has close ties with our club would like to see Mal Meninga as a future coach, Holbrook will be hot property in a couple of years if we win trophies this and next season. My gut instinct with Holbrook is that he has a 2 year extension but with a get out clause in his favour., the latter bit causing the delay in the announcement.
    Honestly i'm not sure about Meniga as a coach,he hasn't done to well when it comes to coaching a club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Players are judged on games. Coaches are judged on trophies. Holbrook took over mid 2017. We’ve missed opportunities to win major trophies since he’s been in charges.
    His first part-season he led us from no-confidence no-marks to the play-off SF, where we only lost away to the runaway league leaders in the final seconds due to Morgan having a brainfart

Last season was a killer, and we changed our gamestyle disastrously, as well as looking shattered by season's end (and our star player had put his cue on the rack by then also)

I think he'll have learned big lessons.

Learning All The Songs

After taking over a negative uninspiring team and doing what he has done i cannot believe any one could say Holbrook has not been anything but a resounding success. More please.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    After taking over a negative uninspiring team and doing what he has done i cannot believe any one could say Holbrook has not been anything but a resounding success. More please.
    Not just on the field. He's apparently had a large input into the massive improvement in connectivity and relationship between club and fans in general.

If a team kick an early penalty to go 2-0 up, they are Justin front.

I'll get my coat. Been a slow day

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    And fishy gets 20 bites with that sprat to catch a mackerel
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Anyone else getting a bit worried now at the silence from our end and the links to Bulldogs?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Anyone else getting a bit worried now at the silence from our end and the links to Bulldogs?
    If McManus wants to showcase the Holbrook new contract then next week against the goons at a packed house is the time and place to do it.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If McManus wants to showcase the Holbrook new contract then next week against the goons at a packed house is the time and place to do it.
    Yes I agree this week would be the perfect time to announce it.I will start worrying if nothing happens this week

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

If he is going to go I just wish they'd keep it under wraps until the season is over and let us enjoy whatever success we may have.

Learning All The Songs

Not worried, if he goes he goes.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    If he is going to go I just wish they'd keep it under wraps until the season is over and let us enjoy whatever success we may have.
    It would be tricky to keep it under wraps till the end of the season as if nothing is signed then that pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Far better to say it early. The goons did it early last year and it did not stop them winning.

Got A Replica Shirt

My understanding is that Holbrook is leaving. Long was aware of this and asked to be considered for the post. He was told that wouldn’t happen and is why he accepted a position in union. Not sure how true, just what I have been told

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It would be tricky to keep it under wraps till the end of the season as if nothing is signed then that pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Far better to say it early. The goons did it early last year and it did not stop them winning.
    I know it can't happen these days, it was just my preference.
    It happened with Saints when Anderson, Lyon at al were leaving, it didn't stop us winning but It takes the gloss off the occasion

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverhamSaint View Post
    My understanding is that Holbrook is leaving. Long was aware of this and asked to be considered for the post. He was told that wouldn’t happen and is why he accepted a position in union. Not sure how true, just what I have been told
    This is correct and it's what I was talking about on the long thread about us not wanting to go down the club legend route again. Apparently Long had a meeting with Rush and Holbrook before he made his decision on leaving and he was told he wouldn't be considered for the job.

Last I heard Justin was looking at the titans job but that might have changed with a better opportunity at the dogs. I really don't think we'll see him here next season myself.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

How about Shaun Wane as your next coach?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    How about Shaun Wane as your next coach?
    About as much chance as Wigan ever having their own ground!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    If it is announced before the end of the season that he is leaving, do my fellow saints fans think it might affect the team in the big games looming?
    It might inspire them to win something before he leaves.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    If it is announced before the end of the season that he is leaving, do my fellow saints fans think it might affect the team in the big games looming?
    I don’t think it would make any difference as the players would likely know either way.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    This is correct and it's what I was talking about on the long thread about us not wanting to go down the club legend route again. Apparently Long had a meeting with Rush and Holbrook before he made his decision on leaving and he was told he wouldn't be considered for the job.

Last I heard Justin was looking at the titans job but that might have changed with a better opportunity at the dogs. I really don't think we'll see him here next season myself.
    I’ve thought this would happen and said on a thread at the start of the season that if he really wanted to stay he would have sorted his contract at the end of last season. Is there also a chance Marshall was appointed assistant as a contingency incase Holbrook left and we wanted someone who knew the team? I can only really see the contenders being him or someone from Australia again as there are no SL coaches who are good enough. However, was there not something, in League Express, about McManus saying a new contract for Holbrook was all but done?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    I’ve thought this would happen and said on a thread at the start of the season that if he really wanted to stay he would have sorted his contract at the end of last season. Is there also a chance Marshall was appointed assistant as a contingency incase Holbrook left and we wanted someone who knew the team? I can only really see the contenders being him or someone from Australia again as there are no SL coaches who are good enough. However, was there not something, in League Express, about McManus saying a new contract for Holbrook was all but done?
    I hope he hasn't done a Lenagan on us then.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar