Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield team if the worst happens

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Welsby isn't banned.
    Yeps it's;
    Sione 3
    Knowles 1
    Welsby 0

Pretty consistent with the rest of the season.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

what a pathetic state the game is in when we are worrying about Welsby picking up a ban for that nothing challenge. Knowles was stupid to get that yellow card .He is another who need to control himself.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    what a pathetic state the game is in when we are worrying about Welsby picking up a ban for that nothing challenge. Knowles was stupid to get that yellow card .He is another who need to control himself.
    Knowles is banned for 1 match because of a late hit. He was not charged for his use if the forearm, the yellow card incident. Welsby charged for a late hit similarly, but 0 match penalty notice because of his clean record. If he does it again he'll get a ban. The panel is being consistent with its previous actions on similar charges.

Starting A Programme Collection

Both bans easily avoided. Lessons to be learned. However Woolf always looks for the positives, chance for a run of games for Davies in his preferred position and probably a game Knowles could of been rested for anyway, given that Roby moves to 13 when lussick comes on that could be the way to go here. Lussick at 9 from the start and Roby at loose interchanging with LMS.

Roby is staying in the halves according to Woolf so I'd guess

Welsby
    Bennison Hurrel Davies Grace
    Lomax Roby
    Walmsley Lussick Lees
    Batchelor Sironen
    Wingfield

Bell
    LMS
    Paasi
    Norman or even Pemberton maybe?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post

Welsby
    Lomax Roby
    Walmsley Lussick Lees
    Batchelor Sironen
    Wingfield

Bell
    LMS
    Paasi
    Where is that about Roby mate?

Correct decision for me. A 1,6,7,9 of Welsby, Lomax, Roby and Lussick is stronger than Bennison, Welsby, Lomax and Roby I think. Plus it means Bennison can stay on the wing to cover Makinson.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    Knowles is banned for 1 match because of a late hit. He was not charged for his use if the forearm, the yellow card incident. Welsby charged for a late hit similarly, but 0 match penalty notice because of his clean record. If he does it again he'll get a ban. The panel is being consistent with its previous actions on similar charges.
    ok.I had presumed Knowles was for the yellow card incident. Can't remember him being involved in a late hit but the RFL will have scoured every minute of footage to ensure they can levy bans.

ok.I had presumed Knowles was for the yellow card incident. Can't remember him being involved in a late hit but the RFL will have scoured every minute of footage to ensure they can levy bans.
    It was around 38 mins or so. I thought it was harsh at the time. He was a split second late.

It was around 38 mins or so. I thought it was harsh at the time. He was a split second late.
    Yep it was the reason they had a penalty right on HT. I think in current climate with his previous a 1 game ban is probably fair enough. It was slightly later than Mata'utais.

Where is that about Roby mate?

Correct decision for me. A 1,6,7,9 of Welsby, Lomax, Roby and Lussick is stronger than Bennison, Welsby, Lomax and Roby I think. Plus it means Bennison can stay on the wing to cover Makinson.
    I think it's on the Saints TV press conference afterwards.

Edit - He is asked about Lussick and he says we don't know about Hopoate but if he Joey has to do big minutes and Roby at 7 then we're fine to do that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

At the time I thought knowles was committed to that tackle. It was only a bump and at full speed replay I wouldn’t call it particularly late.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Welsby
    Lomax Roby
    Walmsley Lussick Lees
    Batchelor Sironen
    Wingfield

Bell
    LMS
    Paasi
    Would go Norman and Passi off the bench and LMS to play second row sub. If Hopoate plays then minimum dissruption to our backline and still quality.

I think it's on the Saints TV press conference afterwards.

Edit - He is asked about Lussick and he says we don't know about Hopoate but if he Joey has to do big minutes and Roby at 7 then we're fine to do that.
    Yeah just watched the clip back as I remember him saying something but I thought that was more in relation to what he did on the night as opposed to going forward but you could be right. Or Hopoate could be absolutely fine who knows haha

Yeah just watched the clip back as I remember him saying something but I thought that was more in relation to what he did on the night as opposed to going forward but you could be right. Or Hopoate could be absolutely fine who knows haha
    Yep he can't be as bad as some are claiming as he was on the team night out Saturday and was at Church Sunday suited up with no sign of any sling at either etc on Instagram.

Can't believe Knowles has got a ban for that 'late hit', well I can, but it's an absolute joke of a decision.

I am all for protecting players but we are playing rugby at the end of the day and I have to say the RFL are ruining the game somewhat with their 'crackdown' on certain things. If you're late by 2 seconds, then fine, but they really need to get a grip on this late hit thing because they really haven't got it right at present.

In The South Stand

Agree with the comments re: if Hopoate is out then Welsby 1 Roby 7 is the answer to me.

I think 1 is too important a position to throw a rookie in for the rest of the year. Welsby is such a threat there and Robes can play 7 comfortably with his distribution and (still!) ability to take on the line.

We do feel one spine position injury away from a real play-off disaster though. It was always going to be the case that injuries would be the biggest threat to 4 in a row and it certainly seems that way at the moment.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Agree with the comments re: if Hopoate is out then Welsby 1 Roby 7 is the answer to me.

I think 1 is too important a position to throw a rookie in for the rest of the year. Welsby is such a threat there and Robes can play 7 comfortably with his distribution and (still!) ability to take on the line.

We do feel one spine position injury away from a real play-off disaster though. It was always going to be the case that injuries would be the biggest threat to 4 in a row and it certainly seems that way at the moment.
    There is a reserve game on Saturday at Cas so that will be Knowles 1 match ban served everyone else does it

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    There is a reserve game on Saturday at Cas so that will be Knowles 1 match ban served everyone else does it
    Thats good to know.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Can't believe Knowles has got a ban for that 'late hit', well I can, but it's an absolute joke of a decision.

I am all for protecting players but we are playing rugby at the end of the day and I have to say the RFL are ruining the game somewhat with their 'crackdown' on certain things. If you're late by 2 seconds, then fine, but they really need to get a grip on this late hit thing because they really haven't got it right at present.
    Was it not for the sin bin incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    No it was for the "late" tackle just before half-time.

https://www.rugby-league.com/governa...ase?case=15883
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post

think its safe to assume Hopoate won't be fit.

Learning All The Songs

No it was for the "late" tackle just before half-time.
    what a great system. Ban for a no yellow card incident but nothing for the sin bin. Kendall should be disciplined for producing a totally unwarranted yellow card. Thankfully it was so late in the game to have no impact on the result

what a great system. Ban for a no yellow card incident but nothing for the sin bin. Kendall should be disciplined for producing a totally unwarranted yellow card. Thankfully it was so late in the game to have no impact on the result
    What was annoying is that it was Kendall who created the incident in the first place, it all happened well after he shouted held. Kendall just let it develop into a messy maul and should have called out Greenwood for not releasing Knowles who was being ragged around the head and neck.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Does that mean it can be used for one of Siones 3 match bans as well?