Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456781424 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 10

In The South Stand

I said very early on that from Peasley Cross Lane it looks like a steel stockholders yard or similar, and i realise how much better it is than what we had, i also said that i would not be surprised if someone climbed up that short piece of sheeting behind the ends of the place and fell over and i still think it could happen.

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

I feel a Bradford Bulls-esque £1M of fans donations to get our stadium clad
    Seriously though, the stadium is unfinished and we all know it. I'm hoping for next season something might get done but this season ive given up on seeing even a spanner lifted!

In The South Stand

The thing is though "IF" someone climbs up and falls over, which i hope does not happen, could Saints say it was unforseen.?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    I feel a Bradford Bulls-esque £1M of fans donations to get our stadium clad
    or we could all get some t-shirts printed up!! less "free diedre barlow" more "where the ****s our cladding?"
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    or we could all get some t-shirts printed up!! less "free diedre barlow" more "where the ****s our cladding?"
    Well said fishy I like it

was it not Deidre Rachid??!? ;-)

Got A Replica Shirt Saint Rigby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by getouttahere View Post
    I think we should all start referring to the pies ground as Wigan Athletics Stadium from here on in.
    I think it should be made law on Redvee haha ..... It seems for some reason Wigan Athletic and Wigan RL fans hate each other, I have not found a fan yet that supports both teams!! Hope the Latics stay up

Starting A Programme Collection Village Saint's Avatar

Haha love it!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    Haha love it!
    We should strike a deal with Whelan. A load of cheap latics tops for Saints fans to wear for our game at the DW. ( Said with tongue very much in cheek)

Got A Season Ticket

im a saints fan and also a latics fan and id be happy with this :P haha

I agree entirely. it hurts to admit it but warringtons ground is warmer and generates a better atmosphere than langree park in its current form. It so incredibly dissapointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I don't think anyone seriously believed it was going to happen. It's the usual story when someone kicks up a fuss. They get fobbed off with information that will make them happy hoping they will go away.

After the Wigan game I would be happier if they clad the inside of the terraces up to roof level on the three exposed stands if that was all the money they had, on the basis they can only clad the outside to just over half way anyway. It was actually like watching a game at Wakefield or Batley with all the atmosphere escaping outside the back of the stand but more importantly the game being exposed to all the elements that new stadiums tend to eradicate; i.e. a slight breeze being whipped up into a gale because of the exposed nature of the construction.

I'll always maintain it was a rotten design and the woman who said that Wigan's ground was far better was right. My opinion is that Warrington's is better too.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintlysid View Post
    I agree entirely. it hurts to admit it but warringtons ground is warmer and generates a better atmosphere than langree park in its current form. It so incredibly dissapointing.
    I think incredibly dissapointing is a bit strong.I love the stadium.When it is fully C...... there will not be any problems.If this time next year It is still Un....... then I will be dissapointed.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    I think incredibly dissapointing is a bit strong.I love the stadium.When it is fully C...... there will not be any problems.If this time next year It is still Un....... then I will be dissapointed.
    Prepare to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed.
    To be honest I am,but I will give them the time to put it right.

To be honest I am,but I will give them the time to put it right.
    Its bloody cold at the back of the west stand even last friday brrrr

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    The thing is though "IF" someone climbs up and falls over, which i hope does not happen, could Saints say it was unforseen.?
    the bloke that put it up said it was only 6ft 8ins high.

It won't be fixed tomorrow.I sit on the half way line in the North Stand ,belive me I have never been as cold watching RL as I have been at Langtree Park.I have been watching Saints for over 50 years and have been on all 32 grounds ( as it used to be ) and I totally agree it is the coldest ground that I have been on.After saying that we have no choice but to give them time to put it right......If it is not put right we will loose a lot of the new found season ticket holders.How sad will that be.

Learning All The Songs

It won't be fixed tomorrow.I sit on the half way line in the North Stand ,belive me I have never been as cold watching RL as I have been at Langtree Park.I have been watching Saints for over 50 years and have been on all 32 grounds ( as it used to be ) and I totally agree it is the coldest ground that I have been on.After saying that we have no choice but to give them time to put it right......If it is not put right we will loose a lot of the new found season ticket holders.How sad will that be.
    I have at least 1 of me brother in law's that will get at least 1 extra season ticket next year, cladding or not. I will also be renewing, at least for 1 more year at a time, maybe even 5 years. the cladding being there or not will not change this. i will however buy less pints when I'm there as it will already be cold without making myself colder. My money for those pints, and I may add other members of my family, will be used in my local when I get back from the game as I always enjoy a pint but will not buy a hot drink there?
    I don't think the club have factored in the lost revenue and the cost against the cost of the heating idea(couldn't use the 'c' word)

I'm disappointed that they were so quick to get a gate in place to restrict movement round the concourse. Now I'm thinking it's to prevent migration from the north stand to warmer areas.

In The South Stand

Well i have always said to older people who support other clubs, " when you go to a game at Langtree Park have a walk around inside the concourse and look at all the pictures and historys " and then Saints decided to stop what had been sold to us as a major feature ie bringing the past in with the present, now we can not walk around, i wonder at times how long it will be before some of the people who did the campaigning for the new stadium and i include myself in my own way same as thousands of others, may feel as if it is a case of we got what we wanted of you thank you very much but now it is ours.

In The South Stand

Obviously with that last bit what i mean is the big wigs at the place saying now we have got it "sod you " and they are showing that also by making us freeze our cods of becuase the place needs some SHEETING putting around it "see i did not say that other word.

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Spot on! although maybe Oldham in January (or any month for that matter) could be a bit colder? Unfortunately we are in the North Stand concrete fridge as well but will put in a transfer request to South stand for 2013/15 with our 5 year tickets bought on the verbal promise at time of purchase that quote "THE ENTIRE GROUND WILL BE ENCLOSED just like Hull" unquote. Sorry Saints but we 5 year season ticket holders were mis -informed in this respect. I seriously doubt if the current average attendance will maintain in 2013, and this has nothing to do with success or lack of on the field. Weather forecast for this summer is dire once again so prepare to be chilled to the bone all year.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

Starting A Programme Collection grahamk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exiled old un View Post
    Obviously with that last bit what i mean is the big wigs at the place saying now we have got it "sod you " and they are showing that also by making us freeze our cods of becuase the place needs some SHEETING putting around it "see i did not say that other word.
    I'd settle for bubble wrap. Are you in the N stand mate? coz if you are we could share hot water bottles at half time.

CONVERTED TO THE FAITH.

In The South Stand

That seems like a good idea though graham, i might think about having a move to the enclosed side as well.

In The South Stand

I am in the north stand C block and i have never been warm in there all season, i am tempted to say i was warmer at the old place KR .