Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff at saints town centre shop

Got A Replica Shirt Heydrich's Ghost's Avatar
    St Helens - The Spiritual Home of Rugby League

Angry Staff at saints town centre shop

Is there anyone else out there who thinks the staff in the Saints town centre shop can be a little bit discourteous at times?

My mum, who’s a pensioner, went into the shop last week to buy a £20.00 gift voucher. She said that one of the staff was standing behind the counter drinking a cup of tea (nothing wrong with that; everyone is entitled to a drink). However, she was left to stand at the counter for a good while whilst he carried on drinking (he could see her quite plainly, as she stood right in front of him at the counter). When eventually he saw fit to acknowledge her, he got the voucher, placed it in and envelope and took the money, all without speaking.

The following day, I went into town to get my new Home shirt, and a copy of the Goodbye To Our Home book. One of the assistants - a young woman, took my money (again, without speaking!), gave me my change and then, without a word, walked off. After waiting for a while with my goods sitting on the counter, I asked one of the other assistants if I should take the shirt and book and leave. In a slow drawl, he replied: "Oh, I think she's gone to get a carrier bag". I waited for a minute or so until the first assistant reappeared with a bag. She stuffed the shirt and book into it, then walked off again without speaking, leaving the bag on the counter. No thanks or sod off - NOTHING! You wouldn't believe I'd just spent over £60.00 in there! A bad show all round!
    V
    For Vendetta

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Poor service is inexcusable, this is the most basic customer service to acknowledge customers.
    Bet they complain if they don't get served quickly at a bar.
    Tut tut Saints, sort this out!!

david.dooley@tesco.net Arthur Bitter's Avatar

[QUOTE=Two Wheeled Saint;325009]Poor service is inexcusable, this is the most basic customer service to acknowledge customers.

Should be sacked on the spot. There are plenty of polite, pleasant youngsters willing to fill his boots (and a few old uns as well).

Learning All The Songs Saint of Hull's Avatar

You shouldn't be working in a customer service environment if at the very least you can't smile and say hello.

Its not hard!
    Rugby League is a Religion, and I worship the Saints!!

Got A Replica Shirt Smart Casual's Avatar

last time I was in there, the bloke served me without so much as eye contact. nothing. silencio. wouldn't bother me as much if things weren't so over-priced at $aint$.

Starting A Programme Collection

This is has been going on for years at the shop and the stadium. Its as if Saints will only employ the most unhelpful, antisocial people around.
    2011 Season Bet

Huntingtons: Wigan to win the GF

Barney Rubble: Anyone else

£50 to the Steve Prescott Fund

I personally dont recall any negative issues in my dealings with the staff. They have always been helpful when asked, and dealt with things in an appropriate manner.

Instances as suggested in the original post should not occur, even if they are rare.
    Its important for the staff to retain their professionalism at all times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    I personally dont recall any negative issues in my dealings with the staff. They have always been helpful when asked, and dealt with things in an appropriate manner.
    Same here. I have a laugh with them as well. Always friendly and helpful.

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Ive recieved plenty of customer service that was less than satisfactory at Saints before. I have complained but nothing seems to get done. I really try and not shop at Saints anymore, my missus does it, she seems to have more patience than me
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

Last time I was in there I was queueing up with the Farewell book. There were two young lads enquiring at the other till about travel to Widnes. The girl serving them wasn't sure (fair enough) so she asked the other woman about it, who replied without so much as lifting her head up from what she was doing "it's free for under 16s". She then came to serve me and I can only say it's perhaps the worst transaction in terms of customer service I have ever expereinced: no eye contact, little in the way of words, no thank you and perhaps worst of all a mouth full of mints/sweets.

At times it feels like their attitude is one of taking your custom for granted and actually causing them an inconvenience for wanting stuff out of their shop

I must say on 90% of the other times the service has been great

Got A Season Ticket

Be proactive........get the name, the date and the time of the incident and post here. The club should be improving all aspects of its business and this is an easy win.

Also use this topic as a place to praise good service, to try and keep things balanced.

I've never had a problem with any of the staff at both shops. They have always been helpful and have had many a laugh with them when they have not been busy. I have been in the shop when they have had to put up with customers who could do with some good manners implanting into their brains. It works both ways. I know some say the customer is always right, but not when it comes to bad manners etc.

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    I've never had a problem with any of the staff at both shops. They have always been helpful and have had many a laugh with them when they have not been busy. I have been in the shop when they have had to put up with customers who could do with some good manners implanting into their brains. It works both ways. I know some say the customer is always right, but not when it comes to bad manners etc.
    At last somone not moaning ! I understand people having greif off the satff wanting to have a bit of a moan but all close season all i seem to be reading is people slagging the club off and its kettleing my swede ! I think this customer relations thing is the same in the majority of shops these days due to the fact no one gives a shit anymore
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

To be fair,I have never had a problem and always found staff helpful and polite.(Club and shop)
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

I went in their yesterday to ask did they have any of the 2011 fixtures cards that they used to do, the look I got you would think Id asked her for her bank details very dismissive so I thought begger it I cant be arsed buying anything and walked out. Im pretty sure at the old shop they seemed to be more helpfull but I do feel that customer relations as gone down hill recently.

Got A Season Ticket the actual don johnson's Avatar

I rang up about my pre-ordered shirt just before christmas to see if\when it was being posted out. The lady took my details and said I would receive a call back in 5 minutes.

I did get a call back from a different lady who had packaged up my item and posted it out the day before - she even remembered my surname on the order before checking. Both staff members were very polite and friendly.

No complaints from me!!

oh! and I got free delivery too!!

Got A Season Ticket

Never had a problem collected my season ticket last week very helpfull.

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

I agree with that!!!
    On my last visit to the shop some of the customers were just plain rude!

Online ordering is a different topic altogether, but in terms of courtesy and helpfullness of the staff in the shop I've always found them to be absolutely fine.

In The West Stand

Anyone with any bother should just follow saint James' sound advice, if you dont there is little point moaning about it.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I've found it the same as at every retail outlet - it depends on who you get serving you.

Some of the staff at the shop are amongst the very best you could hope for - Christine being one of them, absolute pleasure and always has been.

Others - well, they should be placed on the "unemployable" list..........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by SAINT NEV View Post
    I went in their yesterday to ask did they have any of the 2011 fixtures cards that they used to do, the look I got you would think Id asked her for her bank details very dismissive so I thought begger it I cant be arsed buying anything and walked out. Im pretty sure at the old shop they seemed to be more helpfull but I do feel that customer relations as gone down hill recently.

I went in there yesterday and I too asked if they had or would be getting any 2011 fixture cards. I was assured they would be coming in but have been delayed as have quite a few things recently. It must be the way you asked about them.

Got A Season Ticket Wizards Sleeve's Avatar

Over the last few years I've had umpteen bad experiences with the unhelpful staff of our great club. However, over Christmas, a girl from the shop phoned me at home, asked a few questions about my order, advised me of how many packages there were, when they will be sent and when I should expect them. She was very polite and helpful and thanked me for my order. I couldn't have asked for more. I nearly fell off the toilet. And what's more. They all arrived when she said they would.
    Born in St.Helens (Lancashire). Live in Hull. Probably die in Hull if I keep wearing this Red Vee.

Got A Replica Shirt

I have never had a problem with staff in either shop, I was in today to get a name and number put on new shirt, the young lad serving me was extreemly pollite and once he had printed it showed it to me and asked me if that was OK. I actually feel sorry for them at times, they must get some stick for things that are not their fault and try as they might to explain the issue are not listened to.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

I went in there yesterday and I too asked if they had or would be getting any 2011 fixture cards. I was assured they would be coming in but have been delayed as have quite a few things recently. It must be the way you asked about them.
    No I was polite and its a very straight forward question maybe it was the wrong week for her
    however the girl online was really helpfull recently over the farewell dvd and book so who knows