Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2131373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1033

Thread: Stadium Watch 1

Learning All The Songs

The main contractor to build the stadium and Tescos will only being told today by Langtree. The access roads/bridges and footpaths is overseen by the council and they are ahead of the main contractor in being commissioned.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    The main contractor to build the stadium and Tescos will only being told today by Langtree. The access roads/bridges and footpaths is overseen by the council and they are ahead of the main contractor in being commissioned.
    my money is on Birse.

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Well if it hasn't already happened officially (am sure it has been indicated unofficially - major tender contracts usually are) this in itself is a positive step. Work is starting to pick up pace (albeit slowly), with builders allocated to most aspects of the project and indeed infrastructure work has already commenced.

While I know the press releases are on the over confident side and those in the trade have a better grasp of project timescales, I am certainly more optimistic for some part of the 2011 league campaign than i was a couple of weeks ago.

A nice formal announcement and some big shiny machinery working on the site are what we want soon, its still a massive pile of bricks and warehouses! I'm on gardening leave, has anyone got a spare lump hammer? lol

I wonder whats going to happen to the prices of the houses opposite the current ground? Whether they will go up or down and by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    I wonder whats going to happen to the prices of the houses opposite the current ground? Whether they will go up or down and by how much.
    Usually when an area is rejenerated it spreads into the surrounding areas so the areas around the new ground (St Helens hospital/morissons etc) will increase in value and we're likely to see more development. I think it spreads across an area of approx 4 miles. Of course when those areas are rejenerated then the areas 4 miles within that will then be rejenerated where needed as well

Parr could become the next up and coming area within the next 5 years!!!! lol
    Your favourite worst nightmare

Example - Wont go quietly

Got A Replica Shirt

No. For the last four weeks two of the contractors will have known they were in the running for the project. One will have been told they are the front runner and the other will have been told they where in second place. Both company's tenders will have been studied with a fine tooth comb and barring any mistakes/oversites the contract will be award to the company in pole position, the other willl be waiting to see if there was any oversites. The front runner will have been gearing up its construction team for that time, it's normal construction practise.

Got A Replica Shirt

Whats annoying me is that Saints still keep coming out with silly statement. Ie. 'The contractor will be named in the next couple of weeks' tahts today and no annoucement as been made. The PR people should either give out the proper facts or just keep their mouths shut, preferably the give us the facts. The facts are that everytime the fans start to question the stadium scheme, the club seem to release a statement, the fans are then happy and the club buy themselves another month of time. Its becoming a joke. Why don't they just tell the fans the truth, it would be a lot easier in the long run.
    On a brighter note I still think the stadium will be complete by June next year and in all honesty I think it will be ready for the end of April if all goes to plan.

Got A Replica Shirt

My money is on VINCI Construction UK (Taylor Woodrow, Norwest Holst)

Although Tesco are normally built by Costain, Barr, RG Carter

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wardies love child View Post
    the footbridge builder is Gallifordtry and i knew about 6 weeks ago we had the job. the works are due to take 8 months approx to carry out and are planned to start march. hence the traffic management going into place at present.
    i would not look further than Birse/Mayfield for the roads as a personal guess based off the fact they have done most of the recent infrastructure works in and around the area.
    Birse are doing the current work on the site/road, they've now got a big sign up on the site.
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky

Wonder if the announcement will be made public on good friday of the contractors who have won the contracts?

KNowing Saints though it will be done on April fools day.

Got A Season Ticket

We need pics of the activity on site.
    Even if it is just of the one digger moving bits of soil.
    Or of the matrix signs!!
    We have had none for ages.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

Ahem , Points to page 48 of this very thread where he had posted just such pictures earlier in the week ,

if you like I can take some more at the weekend but the only visible signs are that they have stripped the grass off the banking that surrounds part of the site.
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Lump View Post
    Birse are doing the current work on the site/road, they've now got a big sign up on the site.
    Birse are all over the site, I have seen them away from where the Island is going, that makes me think Birse Stadia have got the Stadium build.
    could be wrong usually am.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Ahem , Points to page 48 of this very thread where he had posted just such pictures earlier in the week ,

if you like I can take some more at the weekend but the only visible signs are that they have stripped the grass off the banking that surrounds part of the site.
    That was a week ago Mr Gruntfuttock!!??

yes , and the site looks about the same ,, you said you wanted pictues of diggers and stuff , there is a cement mixer , thats sort of construction stuff
    like i say I drive past the site every day to work and the minute there is anything different ill get pictures
    Pre-Match drinks?

Got A Season Ticket

I am being facetious.

Mmmmmm
    Pre-Match drinks?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Number Two View Post
    And how many people who live in the houses surrounding KR, actually go to matches?

Despite Sadfish's stats, if one were to assume that each locale in St Helens provided 10% of supporters, the new stadium will be closer to the majority, even if it will have no next door neighbours.

I live 400 yards from the Elephant, equidistant like I said.

By the way, which routes did you use to calculate the distances? And were you calculating travel by car or by foot?
    More peple live within walking distance to KR than the new stadium i.e. there will be more cars used to get to matches.Look at google earth and the residential layout around KR is far greater than the new site.
    I used a straight line to calculate the distance.

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    More peple live within walking distance to KR than the new stadium i.e. there will be more cars used to get to matches.Look at google earth and the residential layout around KR is far greater than the new site.
    Not necessarily.

The new stadium is better placed for public transport and is only a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre, possibly quicker with the new bridge.
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky

Learning All The Songs Saint Simon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    that depends on what you determine as "walking distance" I'll probably walk but i'll have to walk past KR on my way

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Lump View Post
    Not necessarily.

The new stadium is better placed for public transport and is only a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre, possibly quicker with the new bridge.
    15 minutes? Are you crawling there? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs Saint Simon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    He's been to wetherspoons first !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Well I am a speed walker and from the corner of Boots and Specsavers (which I class as the absolute centre), there is no way on earth it could be done in less than the 10-15 minutes touted.

If you are counting the town centre as KFC, you may have a point, but it isn't.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I reckon it can be done. We'll have a race in 18 months time when it opens. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Speed walker DD? You gotta be kidding? Or you don't know the shortcuts?

Likewise F&C, you keep your blinkers on regarding the population surrounding the two sites. And straight line distances? That cancels out your point: none of us are crows, are we?