Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin's team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    They don't half have some stupid names in Australia.

There and America (golfers especially)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    There and America (golfers especially)
    Bryson De Chamboux, imagine being stood at the bar and someone introduces their self like that.

The best sports man's name I've ever come across is Moto GP rider Maverick Vinales but that's probably for another thread.

Bryson De Chamboux, imagine being stood at the bar and someone introduces their self like that.

The best sports man's name I've ever come across is Moto GP rider Maverick Vinales but that's probably for another thread.
    He is a unit is Bryson, I wouldn't wanna •••• him off . Good player though a bit of a jock, I like his madcap "science".

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He is a unit is Bryson, I wouldn't wanna •••• him off . Good player though a bit of a jock, I like his madcap "science".

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Just googled him, his full name is even worse.

Bryson James Aldrich DeChambeau is an American professional golfer who plays on the PGA Tour. In 2015, he became the fifth player in history to win both the NCAA Division I championship and the U.S. Amateur in the same year. Wikipedia
    Born: 16 September 1993 (age 26 years), Modesto, California, United States
    Weight: 108 kg
    Height: 1.85 m
    Wonder if he'd fancy playing prop?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

D’Brickashaw Ferguson is my favourite daft name. I can just imagine the conversation his parents had when they realised Brickashaw wasn’t daft enough so they’d have to add the D’ to the beginning.

Former NFL player, 6ft 6, 22 stone, so if I met him it’d be ‘great name mate’.

Learning All The Songs

One of the funniest names i’ve seen is Rusty Kuntz, a former baseball player, now a coach. Some of the names make you do a double take and think what were the parents thinking. The golfer Notah Begay always got a laugh out of me as a kid as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    One of the funniest names i’ve seen is Rusty Kuntz, a former baseball player, now a coach. Some of the names make you do a double take and think what were the parents thinking. The golfer Notah Begay always got a laugh out of me as a kid as well.
    I don't think yanks use the see you next tuesday word. When I've worked with them they always laugh about how often British lads use it and how it's quite often used as term of affection.

In The South Stand

That's a good one,you do wonder at times what the parents were thinking. I remember a rugby league player named Wayne Kerr ( can't remember the team though )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    That's a good one,you do wonder at times what the parents were thinking. I remember a rugby league player named Wayne Kerr ( can't remember the team though )
    And the Widnes player Dick Eyres (although he preferred 'Richie')

Banned

I don't think yanks use the see you next tuesday word. When I've worked with them they always laugh about how often British lads use it and how it's quite often used as term of affection.
    They know it - but I think most hold it in shameful reverence and see it as the most evil word to utter. Don't they call it "the c-bomb"? But that's more down to the backwards religious dickheadery that infests a lot of Septicland.

Banned

But speaking of Kuntz, there's that commentating by Motson (?) on an England-Germany football game at the World Cup or something. Germany had a player called Stefan Kuntz and Motson said along the lines of "Germany win the ball back... Kuntz"

Banned

They know it - but I think most hold it in shameful reverence and see it as the most evil word to utter. Don't they call it "the c-bomb"? But that's more down to the backwards religious dickheadery that infests a lot of Septicland.
    Aye, quite possibly, I always tried to stay clear of them in the main, I know a couple that are alright (one has a stupid name now I think about it).

But speaking of Kuntz, there's that commentating by Motson (?) on an England-Germany football game at the World Cup or something. Germany had a player called Stefan Kuntz and Motson said along the lines of "Germany win the ball back... Kuntz"
    Correct, Stefan Kuntz, I remember every commentator said it differently when really you knew they wanted him to score a belter just so they could shout it on live TV. Euro 96, I think.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    London Skolars and Oldham. He played for Ireland too

I still think former Canberra winger Royston Lightning takes some beating.

Learning All The Songs

Peacock, Westwood, Goodwin, Newlove and Hock are worth a smile from our sport, Onions and Sidebottam from cricket.
    Used to contract into a place where there was a chap called Tommy Coffinhopper (cophenhoper) after years of jibes he announced he was changing his name at a significant cost to himself, most over here thought it would be, McCabe, Murphy, O`Reilly etc....

Awaiting his arrival after changing his name he proudly clocked in as Patrick Coffinhopper............. a true story.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

....got his first win this morning.
    Madge McGuires mug was a picture.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Peacock, Westwood, Goodwin, Newlove and Hock are worth a smile from our sport, Onions and Sidebottam from cricket.
    Used to contract into a place where there was a chap called Tommy Coffinhopper (cophenhoper) after years of jibes he announced he was changing his name at a significant cost to himself, most over here thought it would be, McCabe, Murphy, O`Reilly etc....

Awaiting his arrival after changing his name he proudly clocked in as Patrick Coffinhopper............. a true story.
    Another true story in my Fire Brigade days when coming on duty there was a parade for the oncoming watch , at the end any changes that had happened were read out. There was an officer at the next station along the line whose name was Lily or Lillie (surname) and his son was getting terrible strife at secondary school about his name so the family changed their name to something like Graham. As the o-i-c was reading out the change saying "^&* Lillie has changed his name when one of the sicker blokes piped up with " what to Tiger "
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Anyone remember Paul Cannell, played for Newcastle United in the 70's
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.