Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats Vs wire

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    This may sound draconian, but a total ban on alcohol sales INSIDE stadiums would help in my opinion
    Not the right answer for me. Why punish other clubs and fans who enjoy a pint or two whilst watching the game?

Those scenes today were an absolute disgrace. The answer is simple. Firstly, the RFL must deal with the on field issues. I can see a couple of 2-3 match bans for players from both sides.

Secondly, both clubs should be heavily fined for the off field incidents. I would have to see it again but I didn't see many stewards there. Use the camera's available to pick out the main instigators and culprits. Hand each and every one of them a total ban from entering a Rugby League Stadium ever again.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Wonder how many suspensions will come from today? Not just from the stupidity at the end, but throughout the game.

We might be able to field an U19 team on Thursday depending who they have out.
    Catalans's suspensions might be key to Leeds pulling their way from the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    The disciplinary on Tuesday could have a huge impact on the season. Wire lost Austin to injury and face losing more players before facing yourselves in the league, then playing us, then playing in the CC final. We may have an outside chance of pipping them for 2nd now as I expect Hull to be hit and miss in their last few matches.

Meanwhile Les Cats face losing players for their upcoming match against Leeds next week which will have a big impact on the bottom of the table, unless they get really long bans that sees players suspended for their following two matches against London and HKR.
    Apart from Charnley and BMM they had a full strength side which surprised me - I would have thought they would have rested more players because of the impact of last week’s semi final and with big games coming up.

Learning All The Songs

Those scenes at the end were absolutely shocking and yet again there’s trouble involving Warrington fans. Never known there to be trouble with Catalans fans before tonight.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Those scenes at the end were absolutely shocking and yet again there’s trouble involving Warrington fans. Never known there to be trouble with Catalans fans before tonight.
    It always seems to be brewing at Catalans.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Wonder how many suspensions will come from today? Not just from the stupidity at the end, but throughout the game.

After watching our U19s last night, I reckon we could take 'em!

You’d be tempted to say that the RFL will do absolutely nothing but then they fined Featherstone £10,000 this week for crowd trouble. This seems a lot worse. Unfortunately we got the double whammy of a mass ugly brawl amongst the players at the same time as a riot in the stands.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I would play a full strength team on Thursday and go all out to thrash them to extend their agony and doubt for another week.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I would play a full strength team on Thursday and go all out to thrash them to extend their agony and doubt for another week.
    This, but don't forget to bring your chair to fend off the wire fans.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Not worth it, grub tactics will be out in all their thuggary!!

If we win on Thursday, we will be 14 points clear, that's almost 50% of their points total ahead of them and the rest of the league - which is quite frankly silly. Although if we whoops 2 big games we come away from the season empty handed!!

Matches, including big games with a potential for crowd confrontation including Saints v Wigan are not policed anymore. No matter how good or well trained the stewards are, they have very limited powers which if abused could place them in jeopardy. This will become worse because the idiots causing problems know this.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Not worth it, grub tactics will be out in all their thuggary!!

If we win on Thursday, we will be 14 points clear, that's almost 50% of their points total ahead of them and the rest of the league - which is quite frankly silly. Although if we whoops 2 big games we come away from the season empty handed!!
    I don't think they can afford anymore thuggery just before the CC Final but if we can hit them hard they could implode and go into the Cup Final mentally and physically drained.

Their worst offenders during the game itself were Hill, Philbin and Lineham from Warrington and Byrd and Edwards from Catalan.

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Hill trying to referee the game throughout.
    Absolute bully - who played his part fighting on field which directly incited the crowd violence.
    If hill conducted himself like that on a public street he would get locked up....
    He needs at least a 4 match ban - and stripped of the captaincy for mine.
    Ratchford is more of a captain than that clown ��
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Missed the first half but watched the 2nd... What happened with Austin? Did it look bad or will he probably be fine for Wembley?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Their worst offenders during the game itself were Hill, Philbin and Lineham from Warrington and Byrd and Edwards from Catalan.
    I'd have to add Tomkins and Patton to that list, probably more in all honesty. The culture at both clubs need looking at. Ctalans have skated on thin ice for years and the likes of McIlorum and Edwards are obvious examples of the exponents of the "Dark Arts". Likewise since the new regime at Warrington, there has been and escalation of thuggish brutality and organised bullying of refs, reminiscent of Wigan .

I would advise any other saints fans to have eyes in the back of our heads on Thursday
    Why? Never had a problem at Wire. Trying to invent possible trouble is in itself irresponsible.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Missed the first half but watched the 2nd... What happened with Austin? Did it look bad or will he probably be fine for Wembley?
    This is far more important than a silly kick off in the stands, especially as I stand to win £160 if he's knackered for a few weeks.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    That is quite frankly pathetic
    Sorry, why?

Banned

I think you'll find a group of wire fans were fighting at last years grand final,, and that's not inventing possible trouble, it's stating a fact
    Give it a rest you big girl, if you're that bothered don't go.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    If I was a Warrington fan I’d be worried. He was helped from the pitch after a Catalans player landed on his leg in the tackle, seen tibs/fibs broken from similar. Luckily for Austin that wasn’t the case but I’d imagine he’ll be out for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    If I was a Warrington fan I’d be worried. He was helped from the pitch after a Catalans player landed on his leg in the tackle, seen tibs/fibs broken from similar. Luckily for Austin that wasn’t the case but I’d imagine he’ll be out for a few weeks.
    Will probably not be able to walk in the lead up to the final then make a miraculous recovery on the morning of the final and turn in a Lance Todd winning performance

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Who said I wasn't going???? Learn to understand messages,,come back when you're intelligent enough to know what you're talking about
    I certainly didn't. Learn to understand messages, come back when you're not a pussy.

Lots of Wire fans laying the entire blame for everything on Catalans fans, talk of chairs and bottles being thrown although i've no evidence to suggest this is the case but if it was, why do you then have to climb into the balcony area and antogonise the situation?

I've never been to Cats but know plenty of people who have and not once has anyone said there was an ounce of trouble (I have been to Warrington loads and not seen any either). I've also not seen the game but it appears to be bad tempered. There must be something underlying here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

And what are you???? Typical keyboard warrior
    If you say so sweetheart.