Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big time bottlers

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Big time bottlers

Out fought, out worked embarrassed.

Wire did absolutely nothing special.

Except take advantage of our mistakes.

We go again!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Except take advantage of our mistakes.

We go again!
    Really? Is that the best you've got? We go again and we lose again we don't have the mentality or steel for big games!

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Really? Is that the best you've got? We go again and we lose again we don't have the mentality or steel for big games!
    Seriously what else can we do? We need to keep the faith and go all out for the Grand Final. I’d rather keep making these big games because eventually we will win one.

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    These colors never run.

I’m a saint till I die!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Seriously what else can we do? We need to keep the faith and go all out for the Grand Final. I’d rather keep making these big games because eventually we will win one.
    These colors never run.

I’m a saint till I die!
    Exactly - I’m order to win the big games, you’ve got to be playing in the big games!

I’ll still be supporting Saints, and I’m still hoping they get to Old Trafford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Too many times for it to now be deemed a coincidence. That’s a group of failures coached by a bloke that can’t win a big game.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Too many times for it to now be deemed a coincidence. That’s a group of failures coached by a bloke that can’t win a big game.
    100%

In The South Stand

So what is your solution? If its the coach then he is off come seasons end. If it's the players then we wouldn't be so far clear in the league.

Its kneejerk reaction from a loss. Holbrook is a good coach,last season and this season in the league have proved that. You have to take his results as a whole. From were we were at to our position now is down to jh

And there it is. Correct

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    So what is your solution? If its the coach then he is off come seasons end. If it's the players then we wouldn't be so far clear in the league.

Its kneejerk reaction from a loss. Holbrook is a good coach,last season and this season in the league have proved that. You have to take his results as a whole. From were we were at to our position now is down to jh
    Yep. Losing when it counts with a better style of rugby.

I'm ok with it.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

A group of failures? WOW

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post

Good coach .... but motivation is not his strongest attribute . I have never seen a Saints side were so many players had their worst game .
    There is no doubt Holbrook is a smashing guy . Perhaps too much with the players .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Get a grip people. We were out thought yesterday and that is a coaching problem.We don't have players who can change a game in process at the moment.DD makes a good point about having halves who can come up with the x factor in big tight games to break open defences.Wire put a forward at stand off and said break us down and we couldn't and they scored off our mistakes and some (again in a big game) some poor refereeing decisions.

One other point is playing out of form players or players who have not played at full tilt for a few weeks is a big mistake. You can't get away with it in rugby league. I am not qualified to coach at any level but Welsby,Bentley and to some extent Richardson are all in form and could have made the difference we had no options on the bench to change that game. When Coote missed the conversion the stuffing was knocked out of us. I don't blame anyone particularly but we are entitled to say what we see and Price got it right aided and abetted by some frankly disgraceful officiating.
    Learned comment from The Don

My first reaction after the game yesterday was that we’d bottled another one. Having had time to reflect I think that although we didn’t play well a lot of freakish things transpired against us that led to us chasing a game in searing heat. Had the Knowles try been given we’d have been 6 up and confidence would have grown. For me it was just one of those days were everything went for the underdogs and nothing went right for us.

Although we have a shocking semi final record since 2014 that’s the first final experience for most of them and hopefully the pain of losing one can drive them on to the grand final. Who knows we may get a couple of calls that go our way.

Banned

These colors never run.

I’m a saint till I die!
    Shut up you muppet.

It’s not completely down to Holbrook- these players showed an ability to underperform when the stakes are at their highest before he arrived

There are good players in sport and there are winners

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Shut up you muppet.

Credit where it's due he's come out with some belters this past week

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    A group of failures? WOW
    That’s exactly what they are and will remain so until they finally win something that isn’t a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    That’s exactly what they are and will remain so until they finally win something that isn’t a shield.
    I don't see how you can disagree with this to be honest.

There are two big trophies in our game and they/he have missed three out of four chances so far.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Get a grip people. We were out thought yesterday and that is a coaching problem.We don't have players who can change a game in process at the moment.DD makes a good point about having halves who can come up with the x factor in big tight games to break open defences.Wire put a forward at stand off and said break us down and we couldn't and they scored off our mistakes and some (again in a big game) some poor refereeing decisions.

One other point is playing out of form players or players who have not played at full tilt for a few weeks is a big mistake. You can't get away with it in rugby league. I am not qualified to coach at any level but Welsby,Bentley and to some extent Richardson are all in form and could have made the difference we had no options on the bench to change that game. When Coote missed the conversion the stuffing was knocked out of us. I don't blame anyone particularly but we are entitled to say what we see and Price got it right aided and abetted by some frankly disgraceful officiating.
    I pretty much agree with your points, and when the 19 were named I said I had concerns over the number of players that had not played recently. One point I'm not sure about is not having a HB with the X factor. Other than yesterday, I think Lomax has been the outstanding 6 in the competition. Unless we can get some top Aussie in I don't know how we improve on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Shut up you muppet.
    I’m not a part time fan like you DAVE, I’ve followed saints through high and low for 36 years.

I can’t just switch it on and off like you and others can.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Credit where it's due he's come out with some belters this past week

I bet you enjoyed losing just so you could call me out......

I had supreme confidence we’d sweep them up but there you go.

Ah well, you live and learn.

Got A Season Ticket

Quite easily.

How does a team so dominant and so much better than all of its competitors, so much so that second place are closer to last than they are to first be classed as failures.

Yes I want us to win the grand final, but nothing will later the common opinion that Saints have been the best team this year. You take there dominance and covert it to a football team they’d be champions and be rated as one of if not the best team in super league history.

Banned

I’m not a part time fan like you DAVE, I’ve followed saints through high and low for 36 years.

I can’t just switch it on and off like you and others can.
    And so have I for 30 years. I don't go much anymore because 1. I work away. 2. Most of my mates don't go anymore. 3. It's boring. 4. Our fans embarrass me.

I'm absolutely gutted about yesterday. All the same, you sound like an idiot with all this "we go again" shite. •••• off, people have a right to be ••••ed off at the moment.