Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warrington fielded an ineligible player

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    That's your call, I love the sport and watch every game I can at all levels. I think it's a great sport, people have been saying it's going down the pan and going to fail for over hundred years but we are still here
    Just

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I understand your point of view too,, but i suppose it all boils down to how the individual fan feels,, everyone is different,,, I'll put it another way, what are the rfl doing to attract new fans? NOTHING

Well they promote the sport slot through social media, they support different concepts and levels and have s great app showing free games

But I think here is one of the problems, people feel,it's the rfls sole job to raise attendances, what are the clubs doing to promote their club? A club does well they get pat on the back, a club does poorly the rfl get blamed

Point is, clubs should take some responsibility also, the brand is the club, the players are the assets, we should make more of this as a whole, not simply blame one part of the jigsaw

What wire have been doing is excellent but has brought criticism from some, why is promoting our sport and games a negative?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Just
    And people,have said that for years! Did you go blackbrook on Sunday? Brilliant finals day

Championship attendances up 30%, extended sponsor for SL with increased income, woman's game growing with SL, GB Lions brand is back

You lot can sink into dispair and woe, I'll continue enjoying this great game and point out all the pluses our fantastic sport has, and it has lots to be happy about

Again, just enjoy the game

Upside
    Non Members

Warrington are attracting attention for well known negative reasons
    Not only negative though, Wolfie has brought fun and enjoyment to many, that's attracted more exposure to our great sport

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    And people,have said that for years! Did you go blackbrook on Sunday? Brilliant finals day

Championship attendances up 30%, extended sponsor for SL with increased income, woman's game growing with SL, GB Lions brand is back

You lot can sink into dispair and woe, I'll continue enjoying this great game and point out all the pluses our fantastic sport has, and it has lots to be happy about

Again, just enjoy the game
    I had to do a job for my nan at her house otherwise I would have. Would have taken my girlfriend as well.

I just think if you ask fans what they think against mine & your thoughts, most would be in line with me. There's already a thread on the Hull board about the state of the game. And believe me, the vast majority of that lot bleed rugby league. They know their stuff

Upside
    Non Members

I had to do a job for my nan at her house otherwise I would have. Would have taken my girlfriend as well.

I just think if you ask fans what they think against mine & your thoughts, most would be in line with me. There's already a thread on the Hull board about the state of the game. And believe me, the vast majority of that lot bleed rugby league. They know their stuff
    I do t think it's anywhere near as bad as people claim, it's a case of empowers clothes, if enough people say it's rubbish, refs haven't a clue, rfl are useless and the games dead it will have an affect on the mentality of most and more likely to become true

I would ask everyone to take a step back, ignore all the negative comments to about fines, a ban, not enough posters promoting game etc and just think about what the sport brings to them , why they watched it or played it, what it means to those proud players pulling on the jersey and just watched it with a positive mindset not looking for reasons to be disgusted and I'm sure you will enjoy it more

It's a great game, always has been, still is, yes it's different but nothing stays the same forever, it's still great tough sportspeople enjoying chasing an odd shaped ball around, just enjoy it

Upside
    Non Members

The best sporting day out I've had was at the 1999 grand final, Saints v Bradford,, was in the trafford pub at midday and had a brilliant time with other saints fans, and mingling with the bulls fans with not a hint of bother

I have many many days like that, all brilliant, that's why we love the sport

If you stood by s group who praised the sport, applauded the great skills, cheers their teams you would enjoy an identical game far more than if you surrounded yourself with negative people who complain, shout at the ref, say the games finished every few minutes I am convinced

Separate yourself from negative people, try to influence other fans positively, imo you will enjoy it slot more

Upside
    Non Members

Thats what I love about grand final day in Manchester, fans mingling on seriously packed out trams and buses, and even more packed out pubs,,,,,,,,,,, Laura wright singing Jerusalem on the pitch really makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

Fully agree it's brilliant, yet some still find reason to be negative, if we balanced our frustrations with all the things we love about the game we would remember we really enjoy it

I tell anyone who will listen how great the game is, in fact I also tell those who wont listen

Upside
    Non Members

Do you agree with the alcohol ban within the viewing area in old trafford?

Hadn't heard that, no I don't think I agree, although there are some idiots with the kick off time which doesn't help

Let people, drink but kick off an hour earlier with a curtain raiser would be my suggestion

Banned

It is harsh you're right. I'm being pretty sour about it all.

I really don't like Warrington.

I guess when you are busy making tea & cakes for the cup final referee a few days before, there can be some oversight on the 19 man squad protocol
    Same here, I know you probably won't agree but I want us to play them in the final and ••••ing hammer them out of sight. I think we've made enough out of Hicks display to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Do you agree with the alcohol ban within the viewing area in old trafford?
    Good move. There’s always the pub if you can’t watch the game without a beer in your hand

Obviously we can still buy a pint inside the stadium, just not allowed to take it to your seat,,,, I'm taking a group of Saints fans from Norway to this years gf,, looking forward to their first grand final,, a group of mostly women
    I'm jealous

Banned

I'm jealous
    I was in Bergen a few weeks back for a night and spent most of the evening people (women) watching down by the harbour, a most productive evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I was in Bergen a few weeks back for a night and spent most of the evening people (women) watching down by the harbour, a most productive evening.
    You get about you.

Hey ralph,,, I've told them you might be meeting us in the toll gate,,the thing is, can you handle a group of Scandinavia ladies? ��
    They tend to be rather good looking but quite reserved do they not?

Banned

They tend to be rather good looking but quite reserved do they not?
    Not when they've had a drink they're not.

I see. My other half is quite exotic. She's from Leigh

I used to go in a pub years ago called the red cat, on the Leigh/hindley border,, don't know if you or your beloved know it.
    I do but it's long gone that mate

She doesn't live too far from the Canal Turn pub, which is more towards the Astley end.

Anyway back on topic before we get banned for derailing another thread. I'm a nightmare for that, I need to stop

I know what you mean, was talking to a wire fan I've known for 6 years last week and in his opinion, wire won't make the gf
    I do feel that Wigan will win it but if Warrington get dumped out without us playing them, then I think it would help us.

However, I want our get square on them

Bloody same here,,,,,, i can't help thinking Salford could do some damage as they are on fire at the moment
    I'm not convinced. I think they'll get found out.. hopefully not I'd like them to do well. Ideally not at our expense but if they beat us they beat us

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

We need to start cheating as well. If we have to play them again I'd be putting 5 men in the tackle on Hill & giving him a right crack on the deck
    Lmfao...'Saints need to start cheating'!

Click bait, either that or you rival a fairground carp memory.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post

I remember your rather ill-advised on rlfans pal & your panicked, grovelling apology after it you pathetic weasel

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post

Not for the first time I haven't understood a word of what you say. What language do you speak?

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

They prove time and time again that they don't give a stuff about us fans. This might sound harsh but i can see genuine fans turning their backs on the game
    Firmly behind you on this one. The RFL ARE driving fans away from the game, irrespective of what one other poster thinks.
    I really think it's time for SL to consider breaking away from RFL like Premiership football did.
    I really think that unless something radical happens, the game is sadly in terminal decline and for someone who's been a RL fan for well over 50 years, that's hard to say......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Firmly behind you on this one. The RFL ARE driving fans away from the game, irrespective of what one other poster thinks.
    I really think it's time for SL to consider breaking away from RFL like Premiership football did.
    I really think that unless something radical happens, the game is sadly in terminal decline and for someone who's been a RL fan for well over 50 years, that's hard to say......
    Unfortunately I agree with this. In fact I was just thinking it before reading your post, I'm just not sure exactly how it would happen.