Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: CC Stream and RFL Season Launch

Default CC Stream and RFL Season Launch

Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights in the challenge cup (Fri 19th) to be broadcast on The Sportsman website, Facebook and YouTube for free.

Apparently they'll be showing "a number" of games from the CC.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article...e-cup-coverage

I've never heard of the website before but having someone else willing to stream the sport should be good for us in general as long as it's up to scratch quality and presentation wise. It sounds like they're putting more money into it than some of the BBC red button streams although it's still a BBC team hosting and commentating so it could be a bit of a joint venture.

For anyone interested in the Championship, League 1 or Women's SL seasons their launch will be on ourleague on Wed 10th.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Trying to watch the league launch stream doesn't seem to be working. Was doing it as a test for the Leigh game but no joy.

Working now!

Good feature on York and their new ground. Looks like it’s made from Lego.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Good feature on York and their new ground. Looks like it’s made from Lego.
    Tidy though. Be nice to see them in SL before long. Great city for a weekend away.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Tidy though. Be nice to see them in SL before long. Great city for a weekend away.
    Just a pity how far out of the city centre it is. You're right though, cracking city for a stop over away game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Just a pity how far out of the city centre it is. You're right though, cracking city for a stop over away game.
    Good news is there’s busses every 15 minutes to Monks Cross shopping centre right next door.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think the 'heartlands expansion' tag is a great idea. They look like they're building nicely, and hopefully in the next few years they can build and get into Super League

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

York makes alot of sense. Decent sized city with no big football team swallowing up all the attention, and a city that is great to visit so most clubs would take a load with them meaning the gates would be decent from the off. Better to let these things grow at their own pace at first though rather than throw them into the SL before they're ready off the field, but I'd expect them to be a top-flight club in the next 5 years. I think as a club and a 'market' (as the Americans like to say), York would be great for the game, and a natural extension of the games heartlands into North Yorkshire.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Good news is there’s busses every 15 minutes to Monks Cross shopping centre right next door.
    Fair play. I do think York would be a good addition and they seem to be building well at the moment.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Fair play. I do think York would be a good addition and they seem to be building well at the moment.
    I’m glad they didn’t get in this time, I think it would have put too much strain on the club as it stands and ultimately done more damage than good. I agree they’re building well and laying the foundations for a successful club with strong community links. If they can continue on the path they’re on they’ll be challenging for promotion in their own right soon enough.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    York makes alot of sense. Decent sized city with no big football team swallowing up all the attention, and a city that is great to visit so most clubs would take a load with them meaning the gates would be decent from the off. Better to let these things grow at their own pace at first though rather than throw them into the SL before they're ready off the field, but I'd expect them to be a top-flight club in the next 5 years. I think as a club and a 'market' (as the Americans like to say), York would be great for the game, and a natural extension of the games heartlands into North Yorkshire.
    I'd like to see a "heartlands expansion" include York. They'd be breath of fresh air and would give the likes of other Yorkshire clubs like Cas and Wakey a kick up their collective backsides to get their houses in order.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’m glad they didn’t get in this time, I think it would have put too much strain on the club as it stands and ultimately done more damage than good. I agree they’re building well and laying the foundations for a successful club with strong community links. If they can continue on the path they’re on they’ll be challenging for promotion in their own right soon enough.
    Yeah, I agree. I know a few people from up there and there's definitely an appetite for the game, especially with the continued crapness of the football team. I was talking about expansion and next season yesterday to someone. If it's managed right there's certainly opportunities, York, Tolouse, hopefully a Cumbrian side plus the likes of Widnes, Featherstone and possibly London.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I'd like to see a "heartlands expansion" include York. They'd be breath of fresh air and would give the likes of other Yorkshire clubs like Cas and Wakey a kick up their collective backsides to get their houses in order.
    A Nigel Wood might walk past a chippy without going in.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Ive never ventured over the hills to a game in "yorkshire"....but if York was a regular fixture, i would make every effort to go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Ive never ventured over the hills to a game in "yorkshire"....but if York was a regular fixture, i would make every effort to go.
    Why not, it's not exactly like you're travelling for 3 days on a mule. Unless you went on a mule I suppose.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Why not, it's not exactly like you're travelling for 3 days on a mule. Unless you went on a mule I suppose.
    Ive read that the stadiums over there arent to great.

In all seriousness, I drive for a living. So the idea of being on the road on 1 of my days off doesnt excite me or if its a Friday then i'm not usually home till 5 so wouldnt make it across anyway.

Banned

West Wales Raiders are playing Widnes this Sunday, and will field a halfback pairing of Rangi Chase and Gavin Henson.

Should generate some interest, you'd hope. It'd be good for the game in Wales if they could claim the scalp of one-time cup kings Widnes.

I remember Henson on Celebrity Hunted where he was paired up with Offiah. I wonder if Offiah regaled Henson with RL tales?

Banned

It's a bit grim, you need a passport, the beer's too bitter, the people are too bitter, and it's difficult to understand the local lingo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It's a bit grim, you need a passport, the beer's too bitter, the people are too bitter, and it's difficult to understand the local lingo
    I have a passport and I'm a bitter man.

Banned

West Wales Raiders are playing Widnes this Sunday, and will field a halfback pairing of Rangi Chase and Gavin Henson.

Should generate some interest, you'd hope. It'd be good for the game in Wales if they could claim the scalp of one-time cup kings Widnes.

I remember Henson on Celebrity Hunted where he was paired up with Offiah. I wonder if Offiah regaled Henson with RL tales?

Interesting feature on Gavin Henson. He's really complimentary about League; wishes he'd switched codes years ago. He was always naturally talented and skilful with ball in hand, the kind of player who could have blossomed on our game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56460162

Banned

Interesting feature on Gavin Henson. He's really complimentary about League; wishes he'd switched codes years ago. He was always naturally talented and skilful with ball in hand, the kind of player who could have blossomed on our game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56460162
    I never realised he was Korean.