Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warrington fielded an ineligible player

Got A Season Ticket

Default Warrington fielded an ineligible player

https://www.rugby-league.com/article...rational-rules

Josh Charnley wasn’t eligible to play as he wasn’t in the original 19 man squad and they didn’t follow the correct procedure to make him eligible to play in the 17.

A few questions:
    1 - Why has this only just come to light? Surely the Match Commissioner should’ve known about this the instant it happened?
    2 - Last time this happened (York IIRC) they removed York from the Cup (although when Hull (I think) did something similar - they didn’t).
    3 - It kind of makes a mockery of the “name 19 system”. Personally, I’d increase it to 20 and once those 20 are named, they’re locked in. You can’t draft anyone else in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

When I saw the headline ‘Warrington fined for breach of matchday operational rules’ I expected it to be regarding Chris ‘head test’ Hill being taken off every match for a head test when’s there’s nout wrong with him.

But no fielding an inlegible player, only picked up weeks after? Farce.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    https://www.rugby-league.com/article...rational-rules

Josh Charnley wasn’t eligible to play as he wasn’t in the original 19 man squad and they didn’t follow the correct procedure to make him eligible to play in the 17.

A few questions:
    1 - Why has this only just come to light? Surely the Match Commissioner should’ve known about this the instant it happened?
    2 - Last time this happened (York IIRC) they removed York from the Cup (although when Hull (I think) did something similar - they didn’t).
    3 - It kind of makes a mockery of the “name 19 system”. Personally, I’d increase it to 20 and once those 20 are named, they’re locked in. You can’t draft anyone else in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A cynical way to look at it but it was 2k well spent really considering the overall royalties for winning it are around the 300k mark

Banned

Pathetic fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Pathetic fine.
    Can't say I picked up on it. Don't see how York get kicked out the cup & they get fined though?

Moran probably had that in his wallet

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Can't say I picked up on it. Don't see how York get kicked out the cup & they get fined though?

Moran probably had that in his wallet
    He probably gave them £5k and told them to keep the change. I think a ban is harsh but £2k is pocket change to Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    He probably gave them £5k and told them to keep the change. I think a ban is harsh but £2k is pocket change to Morgan.
    It is harsh you're right. I'm being pretty sour about it all.

I really don't like Warrington.

I guess when you are busy making tea & cakes for the cup final referee a few days before, there can be some oversight on the 19 man squad protocol

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    When I saw the headline ‘Warrington fined for breach of matchday operational rules’ I expected it to be regarding Chris ‘head test’ Hill being taken off every match for a head test when’s there’s nout wrong with him.

But no fielding an inlegible player, only picked up weeks after? Farce.
    We need to start cheating as well. If we have to play them again I'd be putting 5 men in the tackle on Hill & giving him a right crack on the deck

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    The RFL couldn't run a •••• up in a brewery
    They are self serving back slapping buffoons with no accountability. When the game is dead in the water, they'll walk away with their pockets stuffed, not giving a hoot

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

And what led to the introduction of this rule? Could it have been a team being selected that it was so weak it led to a significant betting “coup”?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    And what led to the introduction of this rule? Could it have been a team being selected that it was so weak it led to a significant betting “coup”?
    Where have I said that I don't agree with the rule?

Just trying to picture were Warrington were in 2004? Did you exist?

Upside
    Non Members

They prove time and time again that they don't give a stuff about us fans. This might sound harsh but i can see genuine fans turning their backs on the game

Genuine fans will stop going to games why exactly?

So people love their club, love the sport and enjoy watching games, but because I am of s belief that the governing body may not like fans, although totally unfounded I'll stop enjoying what I like?

Sorry but I finding this emotional bollocks to say true fans will walk away, if they do they are not true fans and we are better without them

Go the match and enjoy it without looking for reasons to be outraged

2 grand?? Ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post

So people love their club, love the sport and enjoy watching games, but because I am of s belief that the governing body may not like fans, although totally unfounded I'll stop enjoying what I like?

Sorry but I finding this emotional bollocks to say true fans will walk away, if they do they are not true fans and we are better without them

Depends on your circumstances. I've been on the cusp for a long while but often get a season ticket as a gift from family or at least put towards it so I can pay for the away days.

If you feel you ain't getting value for coin, walk away. I did from Utd. Never been that bothered about them since.

Saints would be a lot harder because as much as I hate the sport at the minute (rugby union in this country is a much better watch), I feel I have to be there but I don't pay for it all myself, I get help.

I am toying with the idea of away games only next season plus Good Friday home

Everyone has their breaking point. I love the club the same as any other fan, but people are human and can only take so much crap from the rfl
    Exactly. I'm with you on this 100 per cent.

I do wonder if the RFL are happy to see the game get no newspaper coverage to be honest. Then it's not plastered all over the nationals about their latest horlicks they've made of something or other. Any movement on the Aussie team tour yet? Only 13-14 months away. Nah. Nothing. As per.

My dad has watched Saints for about 53 years ish now. The other night against Hudds, he said: "I'm sick of this, it's boring." My dad is as an avid fan of Saints as anyone. He loves the club & the sport but he's losing interest.

The first topic of conversation when we got together always used to be Saints. Now I find he doesn't really want to talk about Saints or RL. He's weary & bored with it. Judging by the CC final attendance, a lot of others are too.

This Australia test team tour is a massive chance to put this sport back on the map. Except it won't, because they can't promote it properly & just expect the same old people to turn up. And that's when you will have a problem. People are that fed up with the RFL, they will think: "nah, I ain't going to the Australia games because I'll be putting money into the pockets of that set of Muppets who will squander the lot."

Upside
    Non Members

Everyone has their breaking point. I love the club the same as any other fan, but people are human and can only take so much crap from the rfl
    Why? What have the RFL done that stops your enjoyment of watching your home team run round with a rugby ball for our entertainment?
    Is it because you feel they should have fined another team more for not following correct protocol? What has thatbgot to do with simply just enjoying watching a game of rugby!

It makes no sense at all, just enjoy the game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

And you think others write emotional bollocks. How many fans do you think we can afford to have walk away?

And you think others write emotional bollocks. How many fans do you think we can afford to have walk away?

Upside
    Non Members

Exactly. I'm with you on this 100 per cent.

I do wonder if the RFL are happy to see the game get no newspaper coverage to be honest. Then it's not plastered all over the nationals about their latest horlicks they've made of something or other. Any movement on the Aussie team tour yet? Only 13-14 months away. Nah. Nothing. As per.

My dad has watched Saints for about 53 years ish now. The other night against Hudds, he said: "I'm sick of this, it's boring." My dad is as an avid fan of Saints as anyone. He loves the club & the sport but he's losing interest.

The first topic of conversation when we got together always used to be Saints. Now I find he doesn't really want to talk about Saints or RL. He's weary & bored with it. Judging by the CC final attendance, a lot of others are too.

This Australia test team tour is a massive chance to put this sport back on the map. Except it won't, because they can't promote it properly & just expect the same old people to turn up. And that's when you will have a problem. People are that fed up with the RFL, they will think: "nah, I ain't going to the Australia games because I'll be putting money into the pockets of that set of Muppets who will squander the lot."

But your dads opinion was the product on the pitch, not the governing body.

The product on the pitch is a result of team and players, I enjoy it, always do, all levels, all teams, the apathy and negativity from fans kills the enjoyment for me more than the RFS decision on a fine, or wether a ban is long enough or not, all of that is irrelevant to my enjoyment and if I was angry at that I wouldn't take it out on the players I support

Two different issues I believe

Just enjoy the game for what it is, a game of rugby

[QUOTE=Upside;774370]Genuine fans will stop going to games why exactly?

But you don't find this emotional bollocks How many fans do you think we can have walk away?

But your dads opinion was the product on the pitch, not the governing body.

The product on the pitch is a result of team and players, I enjoy it, always do, all levels, all teams, the apathy and negativity from fans kills the enjoyment for me more than the RFS decision on a fine, or wether a ban is long enough or not, all of that is irrelevant to my enjoyment and if I was angry at that I wouldn't take it out on the players I support

Two different issues I believe

Just enjoy the game for what it is, a game of rugby
    Not the game I grew up watching and playing. It's going down the pan. If it wasn't for Saints, I wouldn't watch rugby league

Upside
    Non Members

[QUOTE=Belgian Saint;774383]

Sorry but I finding this emotional bollocks to say true fans will walk away, if they do they are not true fans and we are better without them But you don't find this emotional bollocks How many fans do you think we can have walk away?

Walk away why? I'm not being funny this is genuinnne, why walk away? I've not seen anything that should affect the enjoyment of watching a game of rugby, all the points I've seen so far are very fickle.

People post they are about to walk away and sick of it, then post on other threads about the next game? I believe it's a throw away comment and just emotional bollocks, of you don't want to support your team because a fine isn't as big as you expect for a different club that doesn't affect us then your reasoning is completely flawed

Learning All The Songs

Not the game I grew up watching and playing. It's going down the pan. If it wasn't for Saints, I wouldn't watch rugby league
    Seconded

Upside
    Non Members

That's your call, I love the sport and watch every game I can at all levels. I think it's a great sport, people have been saying it's going down the pan and going to fail for over hundred years but we are still here

Why? What have the RFL done that stops your enjoyment of watching your home team run round with a rugby ball for our entertainment?
    Is it because you feel they should have fined another team more for not following correct protocol? What has thatbgot to do with simply just enjoying watching a game of rugby!

It makes no sense at all, just enjoy the game
    Thursday night games.
    Poor referees. In fact, terrible referrees.
    Inconsistencies in the disciplinary process.
    Garbage play off formats.
    Allowing the challenge cup to fall by the wayside
    Golden point (seriously just copying the Aussies for the sake of it.